re meat pies

Used to be Tooths Kent Old, yes dark brown, not black. Was not to my taste.:loudcry: Nor was KB - Cold Gold. Too sweet. aka KB-Kiddies Beer. Don't know why.

Yep dark brown in colour but always called black.

Bit of Trivia KB, stood for Kent Brewery, Tooth’s main brewery.

Yep dark brown in colour but always called black.

Bit of Trivia KB, stood for Kent Brewery, Tooth’s main brewery.

Always preferred Tooth's to Toohey's in Old, just a matter of taste I think. Sad all the old things are gone or going. That Trivea MrGut I was always lead to believe that it stood for Kents Best.?

Hold on,this is a Pie and associated Bakery products Thread how did Dodgy Mobile Phone Repairs and Fruit Salad and Ice cream get into the act?

When Gut is around and the topic is food-related then ice cream will appear! ;p :D

Even on pavlova. :eek: :rolleyes:

When Gut is around and the topic is food-related then ice cream will appear! ;p :D

Even on pavlova. :eek: :rolleyes:

When we go to out to our favourite restaurant down here, Donegans Steakhouse, we generally finish up sharing a $12 Pavolva, plenty of fruit, cream & Ice Cream, Yeah, yeah, lubbly jubbly.:')

www.doneganssteakhouse.com (Better than Crown Grill/Sterling Steakhouse on Princess !)

Edited by NSWP

When we go to out to our favourite restaurant down here, Donegans Steakhouse, we generally finish up sharing a $12 Pavolva, plenty of fruit, cream & Ice Cream, Yeah, yeah, lubbly jubbly.:')

www.doneganssteakhouse.com (Better than Crown Grill/Sterling Steakhouse on Princess !)

Looks good Uncle Les but can’t see the Pav on their menu.

All GF and healthy tucker for sure Uncle Les washed down with a Cab/Sav I presume,way to go lad.

Looks good Uncle Les but can’t see the Pav on their menu.

On their blackboard dessert menu old son. Lubbly Jubbly. Irishmen run it.:halo:I generally have the 500gm T Bone - medium-well - pepper sauce - chips, salad and veggies, yum. The boss does not go for steak much, so goes for the Barramundi or Chicken dishes. Always the pav to finish.

On a cruise the waiter has to learn

Chips with anything

Ice cream with anything

Biggest glass he can find for Ye olde Diet Coke

And he has one happy customer.

A few years ago ate with friends we made during our cruise, in the MDR they had been attending (kids still don’t believe we made friends) now it was a 35 night cruise, we had trained our waiter about the above, but their silly waiter, when Gut asked for Ice Cream said “But sir Baked Alaska basically is Ice Cream” now you know why WE were using a different MDR, our waiter would never have made such a silly statement.

Agreed but so many places in Sydney serve potatoes fancied up in various ways with steak, instead of chips. It's so annoying.

Now I’m certainly a chip man

But

The other night I got served something called crushed chats, that weren’t bad, baby spuds, par boiled then crushed, lightly oiled and crisped up, it was very nice, I guess a bit of modernisation of good old bubble and squeak (mmmm there’s a thought for tonight).

Now I’m certainly a chip man

But

The other night I got served something called crushed chats, that weren’t bad, baby spuds, par boiled then crushed, lightly oiled and crisped up, it was very nice, I guess a bit of modernisation of good old bubble and squeak (mmmm there’s a thought for tonight).

I am the chef in our galley, because I like to cook. 'Deconstructed Chat Potatoes a'la Mrs Gut.' By jove a new accompaniment is born.:*

No not bubble and squeak Gut, has to have some additional vegetable matter as wellas spuds in it for ye olde Bubble and Squeak fry up, cabbage, carrots, even pumpkin. Bit of chopped bacon even. :halo: Lubbly Jubbly.

I am the chef in our galley, because I like to cook. 'Deconstructed Chat Potatoes a'la Mrs Gut.' By jove a new accompaniment is born.:*

No not bubble and squeak Gut, has to have some additional vegetable matter as wellas spuds in it for ye olde Bubble and Squeak fry up, cabbage, carrots, even pumpkin. Bit of chopped bacon even. :halo: Lubbly Jubbly.

Yep B&S used to use the leftover veges, toss in some good old mushy peas as well.

I actually had a go at the chats, microwaved them, crushed them a bit, just used a spud masher to break them a bit, hit them with some Extra Vigin, tossed them into a pan in a hot oven, yummy with some steak or chicken breast.

Yep B&S used to use the leftover veges, toss in some good old mushy peas as well.

I actually had a go at the chats, microwaved them, crushed them a bit, just used a spud masher to break them a bit, hit them with some Extra Vigin, tossed them into a pan in a hot oven, yummy with some steak or chicken breast.

Well done Chef, you created a sort of 'deconstructed hash brown then ? :halo:

They are nice. You can also make them with chunks of bigger potatoes. But when you're heart is set on steak and chips they are no substitute. :( The worst crime, IMHO, is when they serve a steak with risotto or pasta as a side. :eek: Baked potatoes or roast potatoes are borderline. Mash doesn't really work for me with steak.

They are nice. You can also make them with chunks of bigger potatoes. But when you're heart is set on steak and chips they are no substitute. :( The worst crime, IMHO, is when they serve a steak with risotto or pasta as a side. :eek: Baked potatoes or roast potatoes are borderline. Mash doesn't really work for me with steak.

Good info there. And for me hash browns are for breakfast only. Princess have good ones in the Horizon Court, always have a couple for brekkie, along with the other health food, omelette, bacon, snags, corned beef hash, baked beans, tomatoes, have I missed anything? :')

We do something similar.Parboil,crush and then put in oven,crushed with olive oil and fresh rosemary which grows wild here.Cheers,Brian.

We do something similar.Parboil,crush and then put in oven,crushed with olive oil and fresh rosemary which grows wild here.Cheers,Brian.

Good one Brian, so you call your creation 'Deconstructed potatoes a'la Brian ? OR Crushed Olive and rosemary potatoes a'la Essex ? :hearteyes::p

Basically the same thing it sounds.

Mrs Gut likes bits of cut grass on hers too.