Expensive hotel rooms

csr10236

Hello! taking a trip to Cuba via RC out of Miami end of March. I've started looking into fights and hotel rooms for either one or two nights. We sail out on a Monday. To my surprise the hotel rooms are running $300 or $400 a night. What the heck is going on in Miami at the end of March that the rooms are so expensive? Any suggestions on where to stay that won't cost $300 or $400 a night? I fly into Miami.

Hello! taking a trip to Cuba via RC out of Miami end of March. I've started looking into fights and hotel rooms for either one or two nights. We sail out on a Monday. To my surprise the hotel rooms are running $300 or $400 a night. What the heck is going on in Miami at the end of March that the rooms are so expensive? Any suggestions on where to stay that won't cost $300 or $400 a night? I fly into Miami.

Two words, spring break.

Oh my goodness how could I have missed that? I guess when you don't have kids spring break never comes to mind. Any suggestions for a hotel room?

Can you fly in to FLL instead? Might be cheaper to get a FLL area hotel and take a shuttle to the port in the morning. Should be about $15 in a shared van, 30 min-ish ride.

Can you fly in to FLL instead? Might be cheaper to get a FLL area hotel and take a shuttle to the port in the morning. Should be about $15 in a shared van, 30 min-ish ride.

Ft. L will be very busy and costly.;)

Oh my goodness how could I have missed that? I guess when you don't have kids spring break never comes to mind. Any suggestions for a hotel room?

Rates at Hampton Inn and SuitesMiami/Brickell and Homewood suites in same area are pretty reasonable, but not on the water. They both get good reviews. Also Marriott Biscayne Bay and Kimpton Epic on the water weren't bad.

I am glad someone brought this up I wasn't thinking that far ahead, was concentrating on upcoming September cruise.

Last Minute travel has Atton Brickell for $186.83 and Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for $181.95 for the Friday and Saturday night in that last weekend of March.

I just posted part of what you did but per CC rules the actual names cannot be posted.

There is no problem naming priceline or hot wire. There is a sticky to help with those.

The moderators won't allow company recommendations, which can turn the posts/threads into actual shopping of brick and mortar or large web agencies used by cruisers here.

Ok...Thanks for letting me know.

There is no problem naming priceline or hot wire. There is a sticky to help with those.

The moderators won't allow company recommendations, which can turn the posts/threads into actual shopping of brick and mortar or large web agencies used by cruisers here.