Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

There are a good few experts in other countrys too. For some light amusement search the phrase "rum runners" and see all the things that people get up to.

I said on a thread on here a good few months ago that there would be a new variety of people watching if alcohol was restricted on P&O, so here it comes folks. Hover around the security area to see the faces of those who smuggle and get caught and many, many people do get caught at it on US ships (perhaps they need to take advice from the Aussies :) )

To add to threads on tips, dress codes etc booze smuggling 101 (for those who are so inclined). Variety is the spice of life as they say.

If I may, surely a Scotsman (or Scotswoman !!) would not attempt to smuggle their own booze onto a ship, would they? I thought Scots were free and easy with their Scottish Pounds and not tight at all. :halo: Uh, ho, the cabers are on the way. lol.

A Scotch runner would be good, hide a bit of Chivas Regal in there.

I believe that in the new year, you will no longer be able to take unlimited amounts of alcohol on board - so make the most of it while it lasts!

So it's official. P&O will not allow alcohol to be taken on board for consumption on the ship except for the entry port where you will be allowed to take on 1 litre per passenger. Fortunately, P&O are one of the more reasonable lines where alcohol prices are concerned at between £3.50 - £3.95 for a draught lager like Stella. With the pound at such a low rate you have to pay around £8 for a pint of draught lager on Celebrity if you don't take the drinks package at around £800 for a 14 night cruise. There's food for thought (with a pint of P&O lager of course).

If I may, surely a Scotsman (or Scotswoman !!) would not attempt to smuggle their own booze onto a ship, would they? I thought Scots were free and easy with their Scottish Pounds and not tight at all. :halo: Uh, ho, the cabers are on the way. lol.

Well this Scotswoman would not dream of doing so for one.

It's not something i would have thought about doing anyway but also having seen the humiliation of people being taken to the naughty room with their fake pregnancy bumps, fake binoculars, fake bottle of a soft drink emptied and filled with the alcohol of choice etc I just couldn't do that. I would be mortified.

If however I was of a mind to smuggle I am sure I could come up with much more ingenious ways than the fairly obvious methods people go for.:evilsmile:

Yes Les we Scots are free and easy generous, folks who are not tight at all. Some are perhaps "careful" with their money, my grandmother would knock a potato peeler out of your hand if you were taking too much skin off and she was well enough off but just hated waste - many a mickle maks a muckle as she would say.

Chivas Regal is not my dram of choice. If we are every on the same cruise I will bring a (legitimate within my 1 litre allowance) bottle of a decent malt for you to try.

It's not something i would have thought about doing anyway but also having seen the humiliation of people being taken to the naughty room with their fake pregnancy bumps, fake binoculars, fake bottle of a soft drink emptied and filled with the alcohol of choice etc I just couldn't do that. I would be mortified.

If however I was of a mind to smuggle I am sure I could come up with much more ingenious ways than the fairly obvious methods people go for.:evilsmile:

Yes Les we Scots are free and easy generous, folks who are not tight at all. Some are perhaps "careful" with their money, my grandmother would knock a potato peeler out of your hand if you were taking too much skin off and she was well enough off but just hated waste - many a mickle maks a muckle as she would say.

Chivas Regal is not my dram of choice. If we are every on the same cruise I will bring a (legitimate within my 1 litre allowance) bottle of a decent malt for you to try.

An aged Springbank or above?

I am taking a malt on our next cruise, only because it is for 4 weeks and I won it in a raffle. It’s a Bushmills single malt.

:). :).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't worry Uncle Les, I saw that caber sail right over your head.So did your humour in the other direction,lol.

Nice post, thank you. Yes, some very nice Scottish Malts out there. Happy Cruising.

No, no caber tossing at Les, appreciated his humour, I even offered the nice man a dram if ever we meet

And a nice offer too, a wee dram, perhaps even a double? .:halo:

Indeed I ever I were on a P&O UK cruise again, it would be a litre bottle of fine Highland Nectar I would take on board. For medicinal purpose only, mind.

And a nice offer too, a wee dram, perhaps even a double? .:halo:

Indeed I ever I were on a P&O UK cruise again, it would be a litre bottle of fine Highland Nectar I would take on board. For medicinal purpose only, mind.

One has to maintain ones health and a dram is perfect for that. Best cold remedy ever, a hot toddie.

Is there any other measure than a double? And that's a quarter Gil measure not the pathetic little ones used else where in the world.;)

Im about to book a world cruise with P and O. Every time we have sailed with Celebrity, we have had a free drinks package included in the price of the cruise. We are not heavy drinkers, but over a 99 day period, not being able to take wine on board is going to add a chunk of money to our on board spend :-(

Im about to book a world cruise with P and O. Every time we have sailed with Celebrity, we have had a free drinks package included in the price of the cruise. We are not heavy drinkers, but over a 99 day period, not being able to take wine on board is going to add a chunk of money to our on board spend :-(

Surely the solution is obvious. If Celebrity’s free drinks package is important to you, book your cruise with them and not P&O

I am sure the big chunk of on-board credit will help ease some of the pain... :)

If I am doing a back-to-back cruise does that count as one cruise, and, therefore, only allowed to bring the two bottles,of spirit. Or, can I get off the ship on turnaround and get two more bottles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums