Just to cruisec

Just to cruise

The 1As will have a larger balcony than most Aqua Class cabins.

The benefits of Aqua: a dedicated dining room, Blu which is open for breakfast & dinner. Much quieter than the MDR, which is the dining room for 1As. Food and service IMHO is a step or 2 above the MDR. Cabins for both are the same size with the same decor. With AQ you get footstools on the balcony. daily canapés (some like them some don't) a bottle of sparkling wine, access to the Persian Garden in the spa, a better shower and some other things.

On S class ships we book A2 aft cabins they have cabins both above & below. On M class ship we book A1 on deck 11.

Thanks so much for all the info. So Can I ask allowing that we would like a quite cabin but a good balcony is important what would be your recommendation ? Not to worried about some of the add ons in Aqua class but the priority boarding is inviting

Thanks so much for all the info. So Can I ask allowing that we would like a quite cabin but a good balcony is important what would be your recommendation ? Not to worried about some of the add ons in Aqua class but the priority boarding is inviting

As others have mentioned, the greatest attraction for Aqua Class it the Blu restaurant which many consider much better than the main dining room and close to as good as the Tuscany Grille specialty restaurant. If this does not interest you, then you should go with a 1A since the cabin and balcony are just as big as an A1 or A2 and less expensive.

We book either a 1A on the hump or aqua class. On our cruise coming up in Dec. we moved from a 1A on the hump to aqua class. The 1A cat has a huge balcony, but it is deep, not wide. So it doesn't really give you a better view, just more space. We had a sail a way party on a recent 1A with 10 friends and had plenty of room. I moved us to Aqua class in our coming up cruise because of Blu. I really prefer the food and service there as compared to the mdr. As others have said, priority boarding is no big deal.

I have always found the priority perk to be useful.

Every time we cruised we never had to wait before getting in line. We were always allowed us to get at the end of the line along with everyone else that had priority or not. 🤔

The priority for dining, and tender is another that many may not appreciate but we always found those to be useful. We would show them our cabin cards and were always given the next number for the tender. For dining we were immediately put on the dining list or given a pager and informed that we could wait in a lounge. 🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Just curious but where are you planning to go. If Alaska, whatever you choose , get an aft cabin. As you are sailing in the fjord, there are sights on both sides that you may want to see. Some of those sights are wildlife that may not be there on the return trip.

We have done both 1A and A1. If the balcony is your key then go with a 1A on the slant. If dining in Blu matters and you don't mind the extra charge then Aqua is for you. It is all personal taste/opinion. We gave up our 1A once for an A1 only because it was offered after a huge price drop after final payment. We really enjoyed Blu and were happy with our standard balcony but there is no way I would pay close to $2000 more for Aqua. Oh, Aqua earns you 5 Captains Club points per night, regular balcony earns 3 if that matters.