new website opinions

I like it. The descriptions of the ports are good if you're unfamiliar with them. I think it's a cut and paste job from the main site, but it's convenient!

It keeps wanting to price my trips in US dollars (I'm more interested in the tundra peso!), but the old site did that as well.

I looked at it just for fun.

It is so dumbed down that it makes it difficult to anyone who has done more than 2 trips.

I love how it chooses a room for you and if you want to change it, it does not show available rooms or other decks that category room is on.

The worst thing is that experienced people here actually use it over & over......

Yes, Royal Caribbean has a new webpage/website - what's going on? I hate it! It looks like it would be on your phone, not a nice website to look for cruises, can anyone else see this OR is it just my computer - I know a few have seen it, but can't believe it really hasn't been mentioned.

Yes, Royal Caribbean has a new webpage/website - what's going on? I hate it! It looks like it would be on your phone, not a nice website to look for cruises, can anyone else see this OR is it just my computer - I know a few have seen it, but can't believe it really hasn't been mentioned.

I checked late last night and by early this morning the new website was up. I too hate it....It seems like they are aiming at people using their smart phones not those of us on a tablet or my preferred desk top. The IT department of RCI has nothing better to do but come up with useless changes...certainly not user friendly...I don't get that point at all :loudcry::mad:

Once you choose a specific cruise, it's a pain in the butt finding the dates and prices. At least on the old format, you could get a drop down of all the dates and prices

i think IT people go to a seminar and bring back an idea and just implement it. the old site was not fantastic but it was better than this as far as what you said, dropping down for the dates was fantastic and easy to do

maybe they dont want us to do easy comparisons anymore?

when i use a TA site online , i HATE the ones that you have to pick a month to sail in. this is kinda headed that way.

Well, my experience is definitely negative. I don't like the changes, the old site was more user friendly.

But, my main issue is that using Chrome, my browser of choice, I get a blank screen with several little arrows and the infamous rotating circle. When I did use Explorer, I was able to get through to check current pricing on my booked cruise.

I did clear browsing data and that accomplished nothing.

Oh, well. Ship happens.

Has anyone been able to figure out the new RCI website.....I like to check cabin availability for my cruises already booked and I can't even find my cruise dates :loudcry::mad:

This is absolutely ridiculous that their IT dept can't figure out that the website needs to be "USER FRIENDLY" . :eek:

There is another problem I encountered. Maybe someone can help me with. I wanted to check deck plans for Navigator and can't figure out how to do it now. When you click on ships, you just get a new page but nothing that allows you to see deck plans.

This is the worst I have experienced. Frustrated.

I was able to find deck plans by using google. Should be able to get them on RC website.

At first, even after you guys mentioned this was RCCL's site, I couldn't figure out what in the world you guys were talking about. I guess my Firefox must have the old site cached or something because it looks exactly the same as it did before. Went and checked it out in Chrome and I have to say, I am not a fan of the new design. The grid with all of the prices for all the categories for all the sailings was much easier for comparisons. Unless you have a specific sailing and/or category picked out this makes it harder to compare. This is definitely more geared towards mobile/tablet users which honestly is the way things are going in the industry so it doesn't surprise me.

Well, my experience is definitely negative. I don't like the changes, the old site was more user friendly.

But, my main issue is that using Chrome, my browser of choice, I get a blank screen with several little arrows and the infamous rotating circle. When I did use Explorer, I was able to get through to check current pricing on my booked cruise.

I did clear browsing data and that accomplished nothing.

Oh, well. Ship happens.

Try Chrome incognito

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Has anyone been able to figure out the new RCI website.....I like to check cabin availability for my cruises already booked and I can't even find my cruise dates :loudcry::mad:

This is absolutely ridiculous that their IT dept can't figure out that the website needs to be "USER FRIENDLY" . :eek:

I've had zero problems finding cabin prices on all my Oasis cruises. I kinda like it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the suggestion. That did work. I have never used incognito before. Is there anything I should know about it. Do I need to use it always or can I switch back and forth?

Incognito mode doesn't store cookies and doesn't load any extensions/plugins by default, although you can enable extensions/plugins one by one in your settings. So if something works for you in Incognito mode and doesn't in normal mode then you need to either clear cookies/cache or one of your extensions/plugins is causing the issue.