Carnival says that I am a fraudster, and refuses to let me pay for my cruise????

dsykes2

Why is Buy Now & Pay Later necessary a bad thing? Consumer demand is what makes the economy tick and employment level up. If no one buys and money stops flowing, everything would grind to a halt and recession with high unemployment a guarantee result.

Money flowed plenty fine before the invention of credit cards. :rolleyes:

And just how do you come to that conclusion. Yes, one pole stripper named Candy made poor decisions but the second manager corrected the problem and gave the OP $50 OBC to boot when they did not have to do so. Sounds like pretty good customer service to me once the OP got past the one bad apple. Every single business I have ever worked for or dealt with has always had at least one bad apple. No reason to disparage an entire department.

So you say not to make fun while calling someone a pole stripper (based on their name I guess)??? [emoji19][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you say not to make fun while calling someone a pole stripper (based on their name I guess)??? [emoji19][emoji848]

Disparaging a company (or division) based on the actions of a single person has no comparison whatsoever to making fun of a person based on their name.

Cruising is a "risky" vacation - far more likely something could throw a wrench in your plans vs other land based options. If you want to cruise, and need to save and save, then you should keep saving until you have a significant cushion.

Cruising is not a risky vacation, for crying out loud. Stop lecturing people as if you are better or smarter than everyone else.

Disparaging a company (or division) based on the actions of a single person has no comparison whatsoever to making fun of a person based on their name.

Disparaging a group of people named Candy based on the actions of one CS agent is precisely the same thing. It is hypocritical to tell a person not to "name call" while name calling.

Cruising is not a risky vacation, for crying out loud. Stop lecturing people as if you are better or smarter than everyone else.

Pjhooch is right. Can't keep count of all my land vacations that ended up raining more than sunny. If a storm is brewing in the area of were your going the option of a change is done. Even a trip to Canada is better than no cruise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Cruising during hurricane season carries with it the risks that we've been discussing. Cruising in hurricane prone areas at this time of year is substantially riskier than cruising at other times of the year.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Cruising is not a risky vacation, for crying out loud.

Eh. Compared to a land vacation it is. I'm going to Las Vegas in November. If my plane gets delayed 12 hours, no big deal, my hotel will be there when I check in. If I take a day trip to the desert and the car breaks down, no big deal, my hotel will be there when I get back. Neither is true with a cruise. And if I end up getting sick or injured; I'm not concerned about being able to get adequate medical treatment and having to pay upfront.

I decided to shop around online for carnival gift cards, as I know sometimes you can get them at a discounted rate, I found a website (reputable it seemed called card cash) where you could purchase gift cards at 10% off face value. I purchased enough to cover the entire balance of the cruise, added them to my account, cruise was paid for, before the end of July.

I hate to say it but when something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware)

The drama has started right back, I had faxed in my credit card authorization form Wednesday August 30th, however I kept checking my credit card statement online, and no charge had been placed on my card. I called this morning, after receiving a "your final payment is almost due email" to be informed that "we did not receive the fax" Thankfully our fax machines at work print a confirmation page showing the transmission was successful, I had to re-fax the info, also the manager who promised the info would be lifted off my account, and who offered a 50OBC apparently did not do any of this, and no OBC has been received (I did not request or ask for this, she offered) so back to square one with this mess. :(

If you ever get this resolved will this affect using a credit for your seapass account? I think I would just cancel and move on to a different cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No other Cruise Line offers gift cards that many folks are able to use to get an instant and self-driven 10% discount on whatever they use the cards for. Royal Caribbean has gift cards that are discounted from some venues but they don't work the same and they're not as effective as a self-driven 10% discount. What Carnival offers is quite unique.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Update: issue resolved. After faxing in the requested documentation 5 times (each time was confirmed delivery from our fax at work) I was able to finally speak to someone today (granted I know and totally understand had been closed for the hurricane). I told the lady in accounting, Carole, that this really needs to be resolved today: She placed me on hold, and brought a lady named Brittany on the phone, who FINALLY found all of the previous faxes (I had faxed the authorization form, along with all of my documentation for the gift cards showing I did nothing wrong) She placed me on an extended hold, then came back and had me process my final payment online. I AM FINALLY PAID IN FULL FOR THE CRUISE! Brittany also apologized for the delay, and let me know my account has been totally cleared going forward (she did say the block is tied to the phone number on the account, for others going through this issue). I can finally relax and look forward for vacation.