Carnival says that I am a fraudster, and refuses to let me pay for my cruise????

dsykes2

Everything has been taken care of: I just got a call back from a call center manager (as I escalated past the first manager I spoke to) She got the authorization taken care of, cruise is paid in full, there are no "tags" or records on my account that I am a "fraudster". Due to this, she also provided an additional $50.00 OBC to my cabin, due to the miscommunication, and treatment from supervisor "Candy". Glad this is all worked out, and hopefully this thread can help others who have been impacted.

Everything has been taken care of: I just got a call back from a call center manager (as I escalated past the first manager I spoke to) She got the authorization taken care of, cruise is paid in full, there are no "tags" or records on my account that I am a "fraudster". Due to this, she also provided an additional $50.00 OBC to my cabin, due to the miscommunication, and treatment from supervisor "Candy". Glad this is all worked out, and hopefully this thread can help others who have been impacted.

This is excellent news!! Will you be able to use a gift card on the ship to pay for on board expenses?

Due to this, she also provided an additional $50.00 OBC to my cabin, due to the miscommunication, and treatment from supervisor "Candy".

Your experience makes it plain that Customer Service should be renamed to Carnival Service. It is clear that Customer Service is not in their vocabulary.

Sadly yet another example of how trying to get something for nothing can sometimes result in getting nothing for something.

It does very little good to rely on the generic claim that a business is BBB certified if you don't bother going to the BBB page. In this particular case card cash IS BBB certified. But their rating is a C+ and their average review is 2.4 out of 5. Reading some of the complaints, it seems pretty common for the amounts to disappear as soon as the 45 day refund period expires. Coincidence? Maybe, but unlikely. OP was fortunate to have still been within the 45 day period. Personally I wouldn't buy a product of any kind with such a poor rating on Amazon, even with their 30 day return policy.

As to Carnival's actions? Entirely justified. We look at the inconvenience of the OP but how about the costs Carnival occurs in dealing with this?

Sadly yet another example of how trying to get something for nothing can sometimes result in getting nothing for something.

It does very little good to rely on the generic claim that a business is BBB certified if you don't bother going to the BBB page. In this particular case card cash IS BBB certified. But their rating is a C+ and their average review is 2.4 out of 5. Reading some of the complaints, it seems pretty common for the amounts to disappear as soon as the 45 day refund period expires. Coincidence? Maybe, but unlikely. OP was fortunate to have still been within the 45 day period. Personally I wouldn't buy a product of any kind with such a poor rating on Amazon, even with their 30 day return policy.

As to Carnival's actions? Entirely justified. We look at the inconvenience of the OP but how about the costs Carnival occurs in dealing with this?

If Carnival's CS reps were on the same page, probably wouldn't cost anything except the salary the said CS reps are making.

OP glad every thing worked out for you. To bad you had to endure unnecessary judgmental comments.

Gift Card Zen is part of Retail Me Not. It was another place that had fraudulent cards. They have an A+ rating with the BBB.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have had a chase card for 15 years....my limit a whole $200. I asked them years ago about an increase, I had to go through the whole nine yards for a $50 increase....I said forget it....I use it around the holidays to make online purchases for gifts I can't get around here. If anyone wants to compromise it....so be it...I have at least 3 figures in the bank.....

If Carnival's CS reps were on the same page, probably wouldn't cost anything except the salary the said CS reps are making.

OP glad every thing worked out for you. To bad you had to endure unnecessary judgmental comments.

Yep, this. Hope your cruise experience is awesome from here on out OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

, and hopefully this thread can help others who have been impacted.

Judging from the number of views and responses, I can say this thread has definitely served its purpose and brought awareness to cc members about the risks of purchasing gift cards on reselling sites.

OP I hope it all works out with no further issues. Enjoy your cruise.

This has been an interesting thread. CC is a gold mine of information sometimes and I have learned a lot about gift cards and gift card re-sellers. But like a gold mine, WOW you sure have to dig through a lot of waste rock to get to that gold.

You sure do don't you! I love The way you put that :) The Credit card and spouting who has debt and doesnt, shouldn't cruise etc is out there. Should we all just throw our net worth out here now? LOL

The OP came for help and to vent but it sure did turn into something else

Edited by grumplin

Wow you are pompous. No one tried to get anything for nothing. These were discounted gift cards a few of us spent a thousand or more on. Sure that's trying to get something for nothing.

To the OP I am so very glad this is fixed for you. Now I sure home they get my restriction fixed.

Excellent! Now you can relax and enjoy your cruise.

I have credit cards myself so no. My response was to the rude one suggesting that only those who have a lot of funds on a credit card should travel. That poster suggested if you don't have $2000 on a credit card not to travel because you basically can't afford it. Way to make a person feel not worthy.

Since when does it have to do with being "worthy?" The amount of money someone has accessible is not a judgment on their morality or their value as a person. Rather it is simple an issue of finance and money management.

And yes, if you don't have a free $2000 on a credit card to deal with any issues that come up - such as this very post by the OP - no, it is not a financially sound decision to cruise. It is simply too unpredictable a vacation. Any financial advisor would concur that it is never sound financially to run ones finances pay check to pay check, yet somehow 75% of people do. And it's not for lack of income. We have an enormously high quality of living compared to the rest of the world - we as a culture simply live beyond our means.

Since when does it have to do with being "worthy?" The amount of money someone has accessible is not a judgment on their morality or their value as a person. Rather it is simple an issue of finance and money management.

And yes, if you don't have a free $2000 on a credit card to deal with any issues that come up - such as this very post by the OP - no, it is not a financially sound decision to cruise. It is simply too unpredictable a vacation. Any financial advisor would concur that it is never sound financially to run ones finances pay check to pay check, yet somehow 75% of people do. And it's not for lack of income. We have an enormously high quality of living compared to the rest of the world - we as a culture simply live beyond our means.

You seem like a very intelligent person, however, your posts sound annoyingly "preachy" to me and I wonder how you can breathe on top of your high horse. Someone's personal finances are none of your concern, and if I want to charge a $4000 cruise on my credit card and take 5 years to pay it off, that's my business, and if I fall short and can't pay it off (which I've never done) that's my business as well.

You seem like a very intelligent person, however, your posts sound annoyingly "preachy" to me and I wonder how you can breathe on top of your high horse.

You seem like you're trying deflect attention away from comments you don't like with what is basically a personal attack. How about you share your insights and you let A&Jfamily share theirs.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You and a bunch of others got so excited to save 10% you failed to do any research before purchasing your compromised cards.

That website is rampant with gift card fraud. Carnival is having literally hundreds of worthless cards submitted. Personally, I think Carnival is well with reason to lock up the accounts of all those who submitted bad gift cards.

As with everything in life, buyer beware ! If it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't. All these scams work due to people's greed, plain and simple. Stick with the 3 verified vendors of discounted Carnival gift cards and you will never have this issue again.

Maybe Carnival should state exactly which gift cards are acceptable and only those gift cards. Would make things a lot easier that way, instead of receiving gift cards that under there rules does not exclude them as of their contract now. Carnival please write what gift cards are acceptable and only those those gift cards will cause much less confusion.

. We have an enormously high quality of living compared to the rest of the world - we as a culture simply live beyond our means.

Why is Buy Now & Pay Later necessary a bad thing? Consumer demand is what makes the economy tick and employment level up. If no one buys and money stops flowing, everything would grind to a halt and recession with high unemployment a guarantee result.

I did share my insights and nowhere did I say A&JFamily couldn't share theirs.

Nice try though.

Obviously I meant how about you do so without trying to use a personal attack as a rhetorical tactic.

Not a nice try though.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Obviously I meant how about you do so without trying to use a personal attack as a rhetorical tactic.

Not a nice try though.

Nowhere in my post was a personal attack. You just don't like the response.

Nice try, again.

... your posts sound annoyingly "preachy" to me and I wonder how you can breathe on top of your high horse...
Nowhere in my post was a personal attack.
Now you're just lying to yourself. There's nothing more to say.

Your experience makes it plain that Customer Service should be renamed to Carnival Service. It is clear that Customer Service is not in their vocabulary.

And just how do you come to that conclusion. Yes, one pole stripper named Candy made poor decisions but the second manager corrected the problem and gave the OP $50 OBC to boot when they did not have to do so. Sounds like pretty good customer service to me once the OP got past the one bad apple. Every single business I have ever worked for or dealt with has always had at least one bad apple. No reason to disparage an entire department.