1st Princess cruise in a Mini Suite

Sass4

On Princess a Mini-Suite is simply a larger balcony cabin with a sofa bed, second TV, and a tub in the bathroom. You get a couple glasses of "unpacking juice" on embarkation day. But none of the amenities that passengers in Suites on Princess get. It is frequently discussed on this board that including the word "suite" in the cabin classification is a misnomer.

Mini suites on Princess are not really "suites", but larger than standard cabins. Full size sofa some of which are sleepers. Two TVs....one by the sofa and one facing the bed. Loads of storage. The sleeping area and the living area are sort of separate spaces. You need to look up some photos to see what I mean. Larger bathroom. As for balconies, it depends on location and which ship you're interested in. Balconies on Royal/Regal tend to be quite small.

Personally, I think that the difference in price between a deluxe balcony cabin and a min-suite is more than the value of what you get. No other amenities are offered, such as you would find in a true suite. I'm sorry, but I have no experience with RCI's suites, but I'm sure someone here can help with that.

Thank you so much everyone! So there is no special dining room etc? I think that is where I was getting confused.

You just get early boarding/disembarking? What is the earliest you book air flights? Royal we were always good to fly by 11am.

We are doing the Caribbean Princess out of Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you so much for letting me know. Not sure if this is a Princess thing as well? Do they ever over onboard credit?

I booked through vacation outlet and they didn't offer anything. Just wondering, it is the first time I used them also.

Thank you so much everyone! So there is no special dining room etc? I think that is where I was getting confused.

You just get early boarding/disembarking? What is the earliest you book air flights? Royal we were always good to fly by 11am.

We are doing the Caribbean Princess out of Fort Lauderdale.

You will receive a disembarkation form in your cabin during the cruise. You fill it out and request the disembarkation time you want. You can select early express walk off which is normally between 7 and 7:30am in a few different groups, or you can select one of the other times. With early express walk off you must wheel all your own luggage off the ship yourself, no assistance. Later in the cruise you will get your disembarkation time and color luggage tags. If you don't like the time assigned just go to passenger services to get it changed. Being in a mini suite really has very little, if anything, to do with the disembarkation process. You can make 11am flights. If you wish to use the EZ check luggage program which is available for some airlines I think the earliest flight time is 11:30am. Check out these sites for some disembarkation information.

http://www.beyondships.com/files/GP_disembark.PDF

http://concertsatsea.blogspot.com/2017/01/i-think-that-educated-traveler-is.html