Hurricane Irma Watch

Agreed. We're driving down from Orlando to get on Harmony Tuesday. We're trying to figure out the timing to avoid the mass returning traffic jam.

We are also leaving from Orlando to get on Harmony and trying to figure it out also. I am thinking late Monday afternoon before everyone else starts heading back.

Not so sure that's Key West now. Not live regardless the kayak just went by again....

Looked like a newer home but notice the chimney? Older Key West homes had them before they figured out they would seldom be used. Not to mention not a whole lot of firewood.

I would like to see the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if this is been mentioned, the Oasis is now returning to port Canaveral Wednesday.

We asked about staying on board for the shortened cruise and were told it is closed at moment because that sailing is up in the air.

M

Wasn't the shortened cruise supposed to start Tuesday? Interesting.

We are also leaving from Orlando to get on Harmony and trying to figure it out also. I am thinking late Monday afternoon before everyone else starts heading back.

That's the strategy game we need to figure out. Safe drive but avoid the gridlock. We have one car set aside full of fuel with the range to get to Harmony.

According to the 5 PM NHC wind probability tables these cities have the following percentage change of getting hurricane force winds.

Ft. Pierce 4%

W. Palm Beach 3%

Ft. Lauderdale 4%

When you study the data apart from the Doomcasters, it's very informative.

I-95 should be pretty clear. See you there.

That's the strategy game we need to figure out. Safe drive but avoid the gridlock. We have one car set aside full of fuel with the range to get to Harmony.

According to the 5 PM NHC wind probability tables these cities have the following percentage change of getting hurricane force winds.

Ft. Pierce 4%

W. Palm Beach 3%

Ft. Lauderdale 4%

I would make sure you use Waze to drive down. We drove up from WPB on Thursday and it took us 4 hours using Waze. We met a family who drove up from Fort Lauderdale on the turnpike and it took them 8 hours. A lot of people are here in Orlando from Miami, and many are planning on heading back on Monday.

I would make sure you use Waze to drive down. We drove up from WPB on Thursday and it took us 4 hours using Waze. We met a family who drove up from Fort Lauderdale on the turnpike and it took them 8 hours. A lot of people are here in Orlando from Miami, and many are planning on heading back on Monday.

Good info. I'm a Waze fan. Thanks.

Ft. Pierce 4%

W. Palm Beach 3%

Ft. Lauderdale 4%

Hurricans force winds are bad, yes. Tornadoes, wind field, tropical storm force winds are bad as well. Broward county just had their first tornado warning. TORCON 8 means the east coast is going to have plenty of tornado warnings starting today.

You are a "wishcaster" and I don't blame you. I would also wish my cruise would go off as planned.

Calm down-weather experts may have missed their target, but I am more upset with the media pushing the Miami angle constantly. You could not watch the news in Tampa even so far as 24 hours ago, and conclude there was immediate concern.

All I'm saying. The media picked its Miami horse. I should have made it clear who I thought the hype problem lay with. Weather people acted responsibly. Predictions are valid and ya, technically within margin of error and they never once said one area was safe.

All I am saying is don't rely solely on mass media for decisions. My elderly family is caught off guard. And now I am not sure they can get out. So maybe the personal aspect is seeping into my objectivity.

The storm's width has always been wider than the peninsula! They weren't paying attention.

Where the eye goes gets it worse, yes, but east coast AND west coast has always been in danger!

Many, many people do not have the financial, physical or logistical means to leave the state. Not everyone can just drop all work and family obligations, pack up the SUV or book a flight and go. It doesn't matter what you're 100% sure you would have done, different people have different circumstances from you.

Also, for those bagging on the "media", the media followed the NHC track, which was laid right over Miami for a long time.

The NHC in turn did the absolute best it could with the forecasting technology we have as a species, which is still pretty terrible when it comes to hurricanes or anything more than 48 hours out.

No matter what happens, people are going to whine and point fingers, which solves exactly nothing.

That was the EYE. The hurricane is going to devestate the peninsula-- east and west coasts!

Hurricans force winds are bad, yes. Tornadoes, wind field, tropical storm force winds are bad as well. Broward county just had their first tornado warning. TORCON 8 means the east coast is going to have plenty of tornado warnings starting today.

You are a "wishcaster" and I don't blame you. I would also wish my cruise would go off as planned.

I'm not leaving now. Geez. The storm will be in Georgia when I pull out of my driveway.

I've been on nearly 20 cruises in the past, but this one might be the craziest one. Imagine a newer ship like Harmony, with only half the passengers. No lines, no crowds, no chair hogs. Pretty sweet.

Plus it's basically free with 50% refundable credit and 50% future cruise credit.