Hurricane Irma Watch

Enchantment's double occupancy capacity is just over 2,200 passengers, its total capacity is 2,730. It seems they are even over that total capacity, but that 3,000 was an estimate someone posted. I don't see this crowd trashing the ship, they are sailing for free on their employers ship, they don't want to lose their jobs.

Agreed. I think I'm just concerned honestly more so for the crew. They're going to get a workout these few days, even if the Non Revs are easy pax, it's just a lot of people and they've been working hard to find beds for everyone.

I feel like I didn't express how great I think RCI did with taking the non revs out to sea. The NCL Sky, dumped folks off (some able to get on the Escape and depart again) and sailed empty. NCL (and Carnival) have HQ in MIA as well, speaks volumes to me.

Anyway, back to packing (which I'm really excited to be able to do!). Be safe everyone and for those on the west side of Fl, please be smart and safe. I've got two relatives living down there that refuse to leave a mandatory evacuation zone from Marco area. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all,

I'm new to these boards, but have been glued to them since Hurricane Irma was formed. My prayers go out to everyone in the path of Irma. May you stay safe, dry, and with minimal damage.

I was originally on the Oasis leaving tomorrow, but that has since been modified with a leave date of Tuesday the 12th. I'm no storm watcher nor an expert at weather forecasts but Tuesday seems like an unrealistic date. Is anyone else supposed to be sailing on that day thinking the same?

I think it's wonderful Royal took its employees out of harms way. No worries about the ship.

Trainman glad to hear you are safe from water. Hope the winds won't be too bad for you and you'll be safe from the storm.

Our prayers are with all of you in the storms path. We love our visits to the Sunshine state. We are saddened to see all the destruction of the islands of the Caribbean we love so much.

We also have a heart for our fellow Texans who have lost so much from Harvey. We moved our daughter and grandson from Houston just a month before the storms hit there. Sadly her old apartment was destroyed and so many of her friends lost everything.

So many losses and more to come.

It is very unlikely RCI would ever sail with a ship at above lifeboat capacity.

I'm thinking what the precious poster said, I bet they're at the max double occupancy number, and someone threw out 3k. I'm sure they wouldn't do that. I bet there's controls built into the manifest software that doesn't allow someone to exceed that number.

Agreed. I think I'm just concerned honestly more so for the crew. They're going to get a workout these few days, even if the Non Revs are easy pax, it's just a lot of people and they've been working hard to find beds for everyone.

I feel like I didn't express how great I think RCI did with taking the non revs out to sea. The NCL Sky, dumped folks off (some able to get on the Escape and depart again) and sailed empty. NCL (and Carnival) have HQ in MIA as well, speaks volumes to me.

Anyway, back to packing (which I'm really excited to be able to do!). Be safe everyone and for those on the west side of Fl, please be smart and safe. I've got two relatives living down there that refuse to leave a mandatory evacuation zone from Marco area. Not good.

The crew is definitely going to be busy! I bet it is a completely different demographic than they are used to seeing week to week though.

I have family in Florida too. My Mom has a house in a mandatory evacuation zone but she is in NH, so she is safe, we will deal with the aftermath if she loses her house. My brother lives in central Florida and my nieces are also in central Florida and the panhandle. All are hunkering down and hoping for the best.

Hello all,

I'm new to these boards, but have been glued to them since Hurricane Irma was formed. My prayers go out to everyone in the path of Irma. May you stay safe, dry, and with minimal damage.

I was originally on the Oasis leaving tomorrow, but that has since been modified with a leave date of Tuesday the 12th. I'm no storm watcher nor an expert at weather forecasts but Tuesday seems like an unrealistic date. Is anyone else supposed to be sailing on that day thinking the same?

The storm continues to barrel past original estimates, so it looks as if the east cost won't take as big of a hit as originally predicted. I would expect Port Canaveral will be just fine and open on Tuesday. Disney has also announced they'll likely be open on Tuesday.

We visit Marco Island every winter. It's so low, here's hoping they don't get much storm surge.....

Hello all,

Doubt it. Seems unrealistic as roads may be washed out etc.

Just received this update about the Oasis.

UPDATE: Oasis of the Seas: September 10 Eastern Caribbean cruise

The new departure date will now be on Wednesday, 9/13 and we will sail a 4-night itinerary to Cozumel, Mexico. We know this change is disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Should you choose to sail with us, your refund will be increased to 50% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, as well as an additional 50% future cruise credit.

Well, I've been following this thread since day 1, and Irma since she was "born" because of our date with Enchantment on the 15th and I'm burnt out! Seems we will sail as scheduled (fingers crossed). Flying in from JFK. I can share with you that at this point highest gusts for MIA forecasted from 11PM to 2AM is 50 knots. That's not bad at all considering where we were a few days ago! At this point our biggest concern is the condition of Enchantment and her crew (burnt out) after cramming 3000+ into a 2200 capacity vessel. Many didn't have a room to sleep last night. Great initiative by RC, but man that's a lot of folks on that ship. Anyway we're feeling grateful and lucky at this point and looking forward to next week. Thanks to all for the good info, however the detour in the thread over highway markings was a little off course!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A poster on another link said everyone has a room now. Just took while into the nite to get everyone into one since this isn't a regular cuise. As others have said 2200 is double capacity but 3750 is the total bed count.

Just received this update about the Oasis.

UPDATE: Oasis of the Seas: September 10 Eastern Caribbean cruise

The new departure date will now be on Wednesday, 9/13 and we will sail a 4-night itinerary to Cozumel, Mexico. We know this change is disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Should you choose to sail with us, your refund will be increased to 50% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, as well as an additional 50% future cruise credit.

I wonder if Harmony is going to change to Wed. Sail date also.

I'm thinking what the precious poster said, I bet they're at the max double occupancy number, and someone threw out 3k. I'm sure they wouldn't do that. I bet there's controls built into the manifest software that doesn't allow someone to exceed that number.

It was more #FAKENEWS People speculate and then it just adds to the stuff. Arm chair Yankees and ratings chasing media. After Matthew, all the media stopped in front of one of the few buildings that lost a roof. Media sensationalism. Facts only please. Guessing doesn't do good for anyone especially if your not here.

It was more #FAKENEWS People speculate and then it just adds to the stuff. Arm chair Yankees and ratings chasing media. After Matthew, all the media stopped in front of one of the few buildings that lost a roof. Media sensationalism. Facts only please. Guessing doesn't do good for anyone especially if your not here.

Someone posted on one of these threads that the passenger vessel life boat act was not in force for the Enchantment "cruise" during this emergency time so 3000 may be correct.