FTTF Question

set718

Yes. As long as it will fit through the X-Ray machine (you have to lift it up and down), and you can handle all your luggage safely. If not, check the big bags. You get expedited luggage delivery. Make sure the porters put the orange stickers on your luggage tags if your port uses them otherwise, your bags will arrive later.

Yes but why? FTTP also includes expedited luggage delivery so why carry a bunch of bags up and down stairs, etc.

A similar question might be But why have multiple bags?

One answer: Just because I can travel with one small carryon pice of luggage doesn't mean everyone can. Accordingly, some may not want to check bags for their own reasons. No need to ask why, people are different and have different needs and ideas.

A similar question might be But why have multiple bags?

One answer: Just because I can travel with one small carryon pice of luggage doesn't mean everyone can. Accordingly, some may not want to check bags for their own reasons. No need to ask why, people are different and have different needs and ideas.

I agree- I drive to port and I need one suitcase just for my pillows!!!! I don't HAVE to have my own pillows when I travel, but given a choice (and driving lets me do that) I will always bring my own.

I agree- I drive to port and I need one suitcase just for my pillows!!!! I don't HAVE to have my own pillows when I travel, but given a choice (and driving lets me do that) I will always bring my own.

Everyone has to float their own boat!

I would have 1 normal sized suitcase and maybe a smaller bag with toiletries and stuff. Nothing I couldn't easily navigate. I just thought it might be nice to not have to worry about going back and putting our luggage in our room if we could just put it there ourselves right when we get on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This may be a dumb question, but with FTTF, your room is ready immediately upon boarding, correct? So you could just bring all the luggage onboard with you and go straight to the room to put it away, right?

Yes, you can absolutely take all of your luggage with you if you can lift it to the counter and if it will fit through the scanner.

We have done this our last two cruises. Walked into our cabin, which has always been ready, walked out 15-20 minutes later totally unpacked and ready to cruise.

Enjoy FTTF and your cruise.

Yes, you can absolutely take all of your luggage with you if you can lift it to the counter and if it will fit through the scanner.

We have done this our last two cruises. Walked into our cabin, which has always been ready, walked out 15-20 minutes later totally unpacked and ready to cruise.

Enjoy FTTF and your cruise.

Thank you :)

Not necessarily, my last cruise on the Elation our rooms were not ready and the steward told us he had until 1:30 to get it ready. We told him we had FTTF and he said makes no difference. Sorta aggravated me because that's one of the reason I pay extra. But we just went to the Lido and ate and sat there until 1:30

Not necessarily, my last cruise on the Elation our rooms were not ready and the steward told us he had until 1:30 to get it ready. We told him we had FTTF and he said makes no difference. Sorta aggravated me because that's one of the reason I pay extra. But we just went to the Lido and ate and sat there until 1:30

I think the steward just didn't want to get any of the cabins ready until 1:30. I think I would have checked at Guest Services, and if there was a reason why FTTF rooms were not ready you should have been given some sort of compensation

My next stop would have been to the priority line at Guest Services. I have had FTTF my last five cruises and the cabin has always been ready when we boarded.

I think the steward just didn't want to get any of the cabins ready until 1:30. I think I would have checked at Guest Services, and if there was a reason why FTTF rooms were not ready you should have been given some sort of compensation

Last few times my fttf did not deliver my luggage til after 7pm It better not happen this time. Thinking of not checking anything.

and btw

I'm pretty sure I am winning the tournament and my hubby coming in 2nd:D

Last few times my fttf did not deliver my luggage til after 7pm It better not happen this time. Thinking of not checking anything.

and btw

I'm pretty sure I am winning the tournament and my hubby coming in 2nd:D

Some people complained about this same issue and it turns out they didn't get the porters to add the orange 'FTTF' luggage tags when they checked them. I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but for anyone with FTTF make sure they add that bag tag when you give them your suitcases, or they get delivered the same time as everyone else's.

Some people complained about this same issue and it turns out they didn't get the porters to add the orange 'FTTF' luggage tags when they checked them. I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but for anyone with FTTF make sure they add that bag tag when you give them your suitcases, or they get delivered the same time as everyone else's.

But if your pre-printed luggage tags already say FTTF, do you still need the orange FTTF luggage tags? Just curious as our upcoming cruise is our first to have FTTF.

But if your pre-printed luggage tags already say FTTF, do you still need the orange FTTF luggage tags? Just curious as our upcoming cruise is our first to have FTTF.

Yes. They look for the orange not the logo which can blend in especially when people don't print their tags in color. Make sure you get the stickers.

Also, what is an appropriate amount to tip the porter if you do check your bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know what is considered appropriate. I tip $2.00 per bag if I check bags on embarkation.

When disembarking I tip a minimum of $5.00 per bag since they walk us through customs and spend more time with us. And because I'm tired, eager to get to my car, and extremely grateful for their help.