Balcony cabin vs suite

Tntt

i am trying to debate if I want to book a standard balcony cabin for a family of four or should I go with a suite on oasis of the seas. This would be our first cruise on RCL and I am unsure a regular room would fit 4 people plus luggage but to upgrade to a suite is 4000.00 more and I am not sure that is worth it. Just need advice on which direction would be best.

i am trying to debate if I want to book a standard balcony cabin for a family of four or should I go with a suite on oasis of the seas. This would be our first cruise on RCL and I am unsure a regular room would fit 4 people plus luggage but to upgrade to a suite is 4000.00 more and I am not sure that is worth it. Just need advice on which direction would be best.

Have you tried looking at different dates? Sometimes the price gap is not so large.

Many people sail with four in a balcony cabin. Would I do it? No way in hell.

For one thing, on the Oasis, two of the passengers will be sharing a not-so-terribly large sofabed.

(There are a few balcony cabins on Oasis that can hold up to five, and then there is one pullman bed in addition to the sofabed)

Sometimes it works out better to book a pair of insides or a pair of ocean view cabins.

How old are your kids?

A D cat. balcony will fit 4...but it will be tight. Best if 2 are small kids, but even 4 adults will work. Do you WANT to be that tight? I don't. I wouldn't put more than 2 in a cabin, but that's just me! It's doable..and it's done all the time.

Consider 2 cabins, connecting if the other 2 are young kids.

I agree with the posters above.

Consider 2 balcony cabins.

Even if you get a suite (unless it was one of the larger suites) you are still going to be tight with 4 people.

Depending on the age of the children, find connecting balconies.

And don't be too quick to put teens in an (unconnected) balcony by themselves.

ie: putting adult names on each cabin in order to make the booking.

You really do need to protect them and it can have little to nothing to do with not trusting them.

We find the balcony cabins on Oasis even smaller than other ships. JS for us is the way to go, which fits two people

perfectly with plenty of storage.

But four in a cabin...nope...not for me. :o

Another suggestion. Check the price of a balcony cabin and an inside cabin across the hall. You can enjoy the balcony for the four of you, but have 2 sleeping areas, extra storage, and two bathrooms available.

Ever since our kids became teenagers we've booked a balcony for us with an inside across the hall for the kids. Works out great for our different schedules, two bathrooms, etc. Super easy to check on kids or wake them up when needed. We just get a key card to their room when we get on the ship.

We are taking our two teenage son's with us on allure for spring break, and I have tried to get my wife to see a second room, but she wouldn't hear it, even though it would have only been like$100 more at one point. We are in a balcony with a Pullman bed, hoping it won't be too bad. My boys don't spend long in the bathroom, and we figure we won't be in the room much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

We are taking our two teenage son's with us on allure for spring break, and I have tried to get my wife to see a second room, but she wouldn't hear it, even though it would have only been like$100 more at one point. We are in a balcony with a Pullman bed, hoping it won't be too bad. My boys don't spend long in the bathroom, and we figure we won't be in the room much.

Yes, it can be done, but your wife may be rethinking this on your next cruise....lol.

I often find it roughly the same price, and sometimes cheaper, to do connecting rooms vs all 4 in one cabin. I would do that over a suite - 2 bathrooms, night time privacy, two TVs, etc. I would even pick two connecting interiors over all 4 in a single balcony stateroom or small suite.

I would not pay $4,000 to upgrade to a Suite. A standard balcony room or a Junior Suite would work, but both will seen small for 4 people (and only 1 bathroom).

As mentioned in an earlier post ( and we have done this numerous times), get two staterooms. To keep the cost down, consider a balcony stateroom and an inside stateroom across the hall. Guest Services will give you an extra key for both rooms.

I was the one that pointed that out in an earlier post about the balcony/inside across the hall choice.

The one downside I forgot to mention, however, is being able to keep an eye on children/teenagers who may like

to roam at night while mums and dads are blissfully sleeping across the hall. :o

I was the one that pointed that out in an earlier post about the balcony/inside across the hall choice.

The one downside I forgot to mention, however, is being able to keep an eye on children/teenagers who may like

to roam at night while mums and dads are blissfully sleeping across the hall. :o

I think that is the reason my wife won't great if it.

For 4000.00 you should be able to get 3 cruises for 2 in an inside cabin.

So 4000.00 is out of the question.

Consider booking 2 cabins or go with what you have now.

I would say that's a subjective POV. Some would rather sail in a suite once vs. inside 3-4x. It's all about what you're looking for from your vacations and how often you want to do it.

I would not recommend a single balcony cabin for four unless your kids are very little. We've done both ways - a junior suite on the Oasis worked well on our first family cruise when kids were 6 and 7 - they shared the sofa bed with thankfully minimal kicking lol. A pullman bed was available, but it was right above our heads, which would have not made for ideal sleeping conditions! Loved the walk in closet for storage and bigger bathroom with tub. On our last cruise, kids were a little older (8 and 9) so we did 2 connecting balconies. This was even better. 2 bathrooms and grownups get their own bed/room to spread out! We booked 1 adult/ 1 child in each room. Kids room had the beds separated so they slept better. We kept the connecting door open, even at night, for extra peace of mind. Also was able to do one large balcony by opening the divider. Next family cruise we were lucky enough to get a deal on the Royal Family Suite on Freedom - excited to try that option!

Some of the perks of sailing in a royal class suite include a concierge, unlimited access to the Coastal Kitchen, the suite lounge, free Voom, two sinks and a bathtub, larger balconies and reserved seating at all of the shows. I am sailing with a group of three and we were able to get a suite for a great price. Have a great cruise!:cool:

I would not recommend a single balcony cabin for four unless your kids are very little. We've done both ways - a junior suite on the Oasis worked well on our first family cruise when kids were 6 and 7 - they shared the sofa bed with thankfully minimal kicking lol. A pullman bed was available, but it was right above our heads, which would have not made for ideal sleeping conditions! Loved the walk in closet for storage and bigger bathroom with tub. On our last cruise, kids were a little older (8 and 9) so we did 2 connecting balconies. This was even better. 2 bathrooms and grownups get their own bed/room to spread out! We booked 1 adult/ 1 child in each room. Kids room had the beds separated so they slept better. We kept the connecting door open, even at night, for extra peace of mind. Also was able to do one large balcony by opening the divider. Next family cruise we were lucky enough to get a deal on the Royal Family Suite on Freedom - excited to try that option!

Just FYI: In those connecting cabins, you were not required to book one adult and one child in each cabin. You could have booked the two adults and the two children.

Four people in a balcony is a tight squeeze. If you see it as simply a means of somewhere to sleep then it will work. Problem I find is storage and preventing the cabin getting into a mess with four people and their stuff.

I would always prefer 2 cabins and if the premium is reasonable then go for a suite instead.

We recently stayed in a Crown Loft Suite. That comfortable accommodated four people. The same is also true with Aquatheatre Suite which we have stayed in previously.

Suite perks are great on Oasis and if you are savvy, could save a fair amount on drinks.

With regards to price, I always look for a good deal and if it is too high, I look for alternative holiday options.