Applied for my tourist Visa (ETA)

How much are our North American friends charged for an Australian Visa?:D

Last time I got a U.S. one it was US$14 from memory, could be a dollar or two out.

They are $20AUD

Interesting, the US lasts 2 years, the Oz 12 months.

$20 AUD is around $16 USD, so that means Australia must be twice as good.

$20 AUD is around $16 USD, so that means Australia must be twice as good.

I want a North Korean visa for when P&O Straya starts cruising out there.:eek:

I must ring Kim Jan Yong or whatever he calls himself.:o Sort it.

How much are our North American friends charged for an Australian Visa?:D

Last time I got a U.S. one it was US$14 from memory, could be a dollar or two out.

Then there is also the $A60 Departure Tax that is hidden away in your ticket , but does that also apply to Cruise Ships or just to Aircraft ?

Then there is also the $A60 Departure Tax that is hidden away in your ticket , but does that also apply to Cruise Ships or just to Aircraft ?

Not sure David, I have paid out so many $ on travel - Cruises, flights, coach tours etc, since retirement in 2003, I don't look anymore re taxes etc. I could have purchased a fleet of Winnebagos and a waterfront holiday home in Baghdad instead.:rolleyes:

I know it is $250 airport charges for London Heathrow, just checked my Cathay Pacific E tickets for next year.

Not sure David, I have paid out so many $ on travel - Cruises, flights, coach tours etc, since retirement in 2003, I don't look anymore re taxes etc. I could have purchased a fleet of Winnebagos and a waterfront holiday home in Baghdad instead.:rolleyes:

I know it is $250 airport charges for London Heathrow, just checked my Cathay Pacific E tickets for next year.

Is that the airport charge for business class? I recall business class charges are more expensive than economy.

Is that the airport charge for business class? I recall business class charges are more expensive than economy.

Not to my knowledge, I believe all airport taxes are the same, irrespective of class. Yes we have booked and paid business class on Cathay Pacific next year.

Not to my knowledge, I believe all airport taxes are the same, irrespective of class. Yes we have booked and paid business class on Cathay Pacific next year.

England where you are departing from is one country where there are different rates charged for economy and business departure taxes. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Passenger_Duty

If you were travelling economy your departure tax would be half of that $250.

England where you are departing from is one country where there are different rates charged for economy and business departure taxes. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Passenger_Duty

If you were travelling economy your departure tax would be half of that $250.

Thanks, I want to contribute to the Pom economy.:halo: Checked again, LHR Airport Duty - business class carrier - $259. Economy $128. Strange that, you learn something every day.

Edited by NSWP

Governments are the same all over, they have to get the taxes in off everyone but themselves.

That is why I was elated when I turned 60 Uncle Mic, no more tax on my State Super 'defined benefit pension.'.:p As the fund is a 'taxed fund, Taxes being being paid on it by State Super whilst I was paying into it for 35 years.:halo:'

You turn will come old son.:p

That is why I was elated when I turned 60 Uncle Mic, no more tax on my State Super 'defined benefit pension.'.:p As the fund is a 'taxed fund, Taxes being being paid on it by State Super whilst I was paying into it for 35 years.:halo:'

You turn will come old son.:p

Not quite, joined up after the CSS closed.