How is Labadee?

George C

I think the OP is referring to the US's warning about visiting Haiti. "Just heard USA Dept. of State is saying not to visit this island".

If the question deals with the Hurricane it doesn't look like much if any damage will be done to Labadee.

If it is the Dept. of State travel warning, that has been basically in effect for a long long time and although Labadee is part of Haiti it is an isolated area that has been safe and secure for all the years Celebrity and Royal have been going there. It is a great day to relax and enjoy the beach, some local art and stuff as well as a few thrills and chills on the rides.

bosco

Looks like center of Irma is a decent amount north of Labadee. Hopefully far enough away to keep damage limited. I am sure they would like Labadee to be available as a port for some possible itinerary changes the next few weeks if it has any capacity.

Labadee was nice, I would not worry. It is a private beach and locked from the rest of the Island. There is no trouble from the locals there.

As far as the storm I dont know but there was not much to get hurt. all temp buildings and sand.

Also anxious to know...

We will be going there in a few weeks....hopefully

We have a GS so get to go to the 'suite section'. Am really looking forward to that.

Same with us, our last trip there was almost 20 years ago, love the suite perks

Looks like center of Irma is a decent amount north of Labadee. Hopefully far enough away to keep damage limited. I am sure they would like Labadee to be available as a port for some possible itinerary changes the next few weeks if it has any capacity.

Yes. The core of Irma looks to be passing well north of Labadee. Hurricane Matthew passed closer to Labadee than Irma, and we were there on Oasis shortly after Matthew. We saw no evidence of damage at all. In my opinion, it's unlikely that the facilities at Labadee will be affected by this storm.

My day in Labadee was wonderful and relaxing. RCI put on a delicious barbeque lunch and, while I am not normally a beach guy, the beach was really nice.

You don't have to worry about your safety a sfor the most part, the locals are not permitted into Labadee (which os owned by the cruise line). The few who re allowed are the merchants and crafts people. Relax and enoy, you will love it.

There was a post earlier today by James Van Fleet on Twitter that there was minimal damage done to Labadee which is great to hear, but Nore importantly it most likely means that the people of Haiti escaped the destruction that Irma brought to many of the islands.

Along with DR which has dozens and dozens of resorts , very happy to hear this, hopefully no more major storms will hit the islands, but this has been a terrible start to hurricane season

:(

:(:(

Edited by hollon
not sure if i understood exactly what they were saying

• 5 months later...
Also anxious to know...

We will be going there in a few weeks....hopefully

We have a GS so get to go to the 'suite section'. Am really looking forward to that.

Hi, I was wondering if you could give me your review of your cruise. I am considering a cruise with this as one of the ports. We will be staying in a suite as well, so wondered what you thought of the "suite"perks on the island.

Thank You!

Hi, I was wondering if you could give me your review of your cruise. I am considering a cruise with this as one of the ports. We will be staying in a suite as well, so wondered what you thought of the "suite"perks on the island.

Thank You!

We were there 3 months ago, suite perks were great , buffet barbecue had great food shrimp , lamb chops and steak . Loads of waiters for drinks they also brought you floats and towels , looking forward to next trip