How long before Royal updates Eastern cruises?

volk904

Since Grand Cayman is a tender port, I don't think we will see an Oasis-class ship porting there. It would be a nightmare tendering all of those passengers.

It would take way too long to tender everyone off the ship so Oasis class doesn't tender anywhere.

Since Grand Cayman is a tender port, I don't think we will see an Oasis-class ship porting there. It would be a nightmare tendering all of those passengers.

Also, the shear size of the ship will not allow using the tender boats to take passengers on and off.....

If RCCL can tender Anthem at coco Kay. They can tender to any port.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Anthem doesn't tender at CoCo Cay.....

Currently, ships have to tender to CocoCay which keeps the largest cruise ships in Royal Caribbean’s fleet from visiting the island. A pier would not only allow any of cruise line’s ships to visit, but would also make for less missed stops due to weather. The development timeline for the pier is expected to take 12 months. Royal Caribbean told SeaTrade Cruise News that the development of CocoCay is a priority for the cruise line.

The Oasis class ships use the new pier, They don't tender into Co Co Cay, do they? I've never cruised there on Oasis class....

CocoCay Island expansion 2017

In early March 2017, Royal Caribbean announced a planned investment in Coco Cay. The expansion project includes building of a dedicated cruise ship docking pier, adding new features, amenities and shopping options.

• The new pier is able to handle the largest RCI ships (Oasis-class).

Was last on Anthem in December so might have the pier by now. But if they tender 4k to island. No problem to do it at any port .

Was last on Anthem in December so might have the pier by now. But if they tender 4k to island. No problem to do it at any port .

The point is they can't tender off Oasis class ships. They are too big. That's why they are building a pier for Co Co Cay. :cool:

I am meant to be cruising through BVI , st Martin and Antigua in the start of Nov - no idea what will happen even if st martin is up and running - I don't think there is any chance BVI - or st Johns (Antigua) will be . So sad for those on the islands that need the tourists

Researchobsessed is doing a livish report from Adventure of her wedding cruise. She posted Saturday night the Adventure was going to stop in St. Martin today to drop off much needed supplies. In one of the videos, I saw a glimpse of the cruise ship pier, and it appeared to still be intact. Time will tell if and when the pier is still standing, as to when cruise ships may start stopping again in St. Martin. It will take several weeks just to assess the damage and begin cleanup. Give the authorities some time to do their jobs.

We are scheduled to be in St. Martin the end of January/2018. Hopefully we can stop so we can donate directly to the people there. It will definitely take some time to get their operations back up and running. They will get this done ASAP, as tourism is over 70% of the Islands income.

St. John's, Antigua sustained very minimal damage. I read in an article things should be cleaned up within a couple days. Antigua is south of St. Kitts, which also sustained minimal damage.

Time will tell as to what the cruise lines will do after Hurricane Irma has finished her wrath on Florida. Many of the cruise lines corporate headquarters are in the Miami area, and have all evacuated. After the first of the week, and everyone starts to return to South Florida, we will begin to get some answers from the Cruiselines. Until then.....

God bless all the folks in the Islands and good luck to all of them.

i sail on sept 24 on the oasis. i know rcl waits till the last minute. i was just wondering. i see port Canaveral is not going to get hit hard. i would love to go to st. marrtian and help out for my cruise.

No ships will be stopping in St Martin in September. It could be months. There are awful reports of looting and chaos in addition to the physical damage.

I'm suppose to be on Harmony sept 23rd to san juan, st. martin and labadee, where do you think we'll go, did san juan get hit pretty bad, any news?

Pretty sure no cruise ship will be making stops at St. Maarten in the near future. No reports of severe damage to Labadee.

Currently, ships have to tender to CocoCay which keeps the largest cruise ships in Royal Caribbean’s fleet from visiting the island. A pier would not only allow any of cruise line’s ships to visit, but would also make for less missed stops due to weather. The development timeline for the pier is expected to take 12 months. Royal Caribbean told SeaTrade Cruise News that the development of CocoCay is a priority for the cruise line.

Itinerary:

Dec. 17, 2014 -- Quantum at Coco Cay 8am-5pm, we had a wonderful day on Coco Cay and had a photo taken of us with the Quantum in the background. Once back on the ship we did the North Star for a beautiful view of the island.

Dec. 16, 2015 -- Anthem at Coco Cay 8am-5pm

If the Qasis Class has the ability to transfer passengers to a tender boat, they could do two days at Coco Cay. First day1/2 of the pax can go ashore, second day other half of the pax can go ashore....the day you have to stay on board you pretend it is a sea day.

With that said, I doubt that plan could fit into the schedule.:rolleyes:

Royal Caribbean will figure out schedules and I will enjoy whatever they do ... and I will not complain even though have 7 of my future cruises booked that include St.Martin.

The piers at St. Maarten appear to have been completely destroyed. <|3

https://www.cruisehive.com/popular-cruise-passenger-locations-st-maarten-destroyed-hurricane-irma/19957

UPDATE:

Does now seem the cruise piers held up well which we are really happy to hear. But with buildings and infrastructure destroyed or damaged will still take some time for cruise ships to begin calls.

UPDATE:

Does now seem the cruise piers held up well which we are really happy to hear. But with buildings and infrastructure destroyed or damaged will still take some time for cruise ships to begin calls.

Good to hear.:)

Anthem absolutely tenders at Coco Cay, we did in February.

Anthem also tenders in Bar Harbor on its NE/Canada cruises.

if the port facilities were damaged, then no ship can pull in until those have been fixed. furthermore, if the basic infrastructure of the island has been compromised an influx of tourists every other day will only make things worse and make it harder to fix any issues.

whats the point of having tourists if nothing is open due to damaged buildings and power disruption?!

I know I am splitting hairs here (I don't really disagree), but the ships can always tender.

JC