I am cruising next month on Celebrity Equinox and will be visiting caribbean

paulawisewoman

islands that have been hit by hurricanes. Would like to know who to contact on Celebrity to set up maybe some volunteer excursions to help the islands hit hard. I am sure many of us would be glad to give a half days work to help clear or repair or whatever. I am very serious about this. I will be cruising Oct 6-16 from Miami. We arrive in Ft Lauderdale on 5th. Thanks for any help on this.

May I suggest everyone wait until the lines get back up Thursday instead if flooding them right now on their back-up systems. In past many lines have had info in how to help on their sites. We participated in St. Maarten years ago after hurricane.

islands that have been hit by hurricanes. Would like to know who to contact on Celebrity to set up maybe some volunteer excursions to help the islands hit hard. I am sure many of us would be glad to give a half days work to help clear or repair or whatever. I am very serious about this. I will be cruising Oct 6-16 from Miami. We arrive in Ft Lauderdale on 5th. Thanks for any help on this.

It is extremely unlikely that you go to the Easatern Caribbean next month. The islands are devastated and cannot accommodate tourists.

It is extremely unlikely that you go to the Easatern Caribbean next month. The islands are devastated and cannot accommodate tourists.

Yes, it is very unlikely that your cruise will travel to an island that is in need of your willingness to volunteer. But I sincerely appreciate your desire to aid those that could really use it.

Not cruise related but you could find a volunteer organization that will be heading to some of these islands to help rebuild

They will need all the volunteers they can get

Edited by LHT28

What about St. Kitts, Antigua, and St. Lucia as options for a 7 day cruise from Miam or FL? Even if it's only a 2 port stop I'm sure the islands will appreciate the extra ships?

I think many people book Eastern cruises because they enjoy those islands and would prefer this option compared to a western Caribbean cruise.

What about St. Kitts, Antigua, and St. Lucia as options for a 7 day cruise from Miam or FL? Even if it's only a 2 port stop I'm sure the islands will appreciate the extra ships?

I think many people book Eastern cruises because they enjoy those islands and would prefer this option compared to a western Caribbean cruise.

Unfortunately those islands are not equipped to handle very many, if any extra ships, plus St. Lucia is too far south for a seven day cruise.

The cruise that the OP is speaking of is on the Equinox going to:

Key West (which most likely be canceled if the devastation is as bad as predicted). The pier may be wiped out

Grand Cayman

Aruba

Bonaire

Curacao

I don't believe any of the Islands were in the path of Irma.

Unfortunately those islands are not equipped to handle very many, if any extra ships, plus St. Lucia is too far south for a seven day cruise.

There aren't many ships sailing the Caribbean in September and October. Perhaps they could use these islands then.

Another idea might be to juggle their itineraries. Have the cruises that are 10 days and longer miss the closer ports, leaving them for the 7 day cruises. They could then add ports further south that aren't on that itinerary. Ports like Barbados, Grenada, ABC islands and Martinique. I know that it's a lot of juggling but this is no ordinary situation and people are going to have to be understanding and flexible.

I would imagine there will be a lot of brainstorming going on. The western Caribbean can't handle double the ships come November so a simple switch is not gonna do if several popular stops are not ready to receive ships yet.

Edited by Karysa