Board early???

SeybRWC

I'd pay the $39 if that is the fee suggested earlier. Same price as a BVE, although BVE is not intended as a FTTF equivalent. It's a similar concept as paying an extra seat selection fee on an airline and getting an earlier boarding priority (which one might want to secure OH bin space or have more legroom). Earlier boarding doesn't just begin the holiday sooner. I'd hope a lot wouldn't pay it or it would lose it's purpose.

We do okay getting on early by showing up early. It's the only way for now as we don't afford a suite.

I'd pay the $39 if that is the fee suggested earlier. Same price as a BVE, although BVE is not intended as a FTTF equivalent. It's a similar concept as paying an extra seat selection fee on an airline and getting an earlier boarding priority (which one might want to secure OH bin space or have more legroom).

To make it clear to those not familiar with BVE.

A passenger on the cruise cannot sign up for BVE.

Someone not sailing on the cruise can sign up for a BVE. If you know that someone, you can board when he/she does.

Someone not sailing on the cruise can sign up for a BVE. If you know that someone, you can board when he/she does.

Thanks - I could have phrased it better when I posted.

Confused...can someone not sailing on the cruise sign up for BVE without knowing anyone on that cruise?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Confused...can someone not sailing on the cruise sign up for BVE without knowing anyone on that cruise?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Yes. It's also a marketing concept to give potential new customers a feel for the ship and what a cruise might be like. Money paid is refunded if a cruise is booked soon after and they can buy FCD.

Is there a limit to the amount of pax that can accompany the BVE passenger?

Curious minds want to know, what does Carnival charge to board early?

For our 7 Day February 2018 cruise we paid $69.95 for FTTF. This is a per cabin charge and covers everyone in the cabin. It covers the following:

Priority Check-in

Guarantee that room will be ready.

Express Luggage delivery

Dedicated Guest Services line and phone number

Priority Dining Reservations

Priority Tender Boarding (from ship to shore, not shore to ship)

Choice of Debarkation time.

Carnival Diamond & Platinum already receive these benefits and would not need the package.

For us it was worth it to have the room ready and the priority tender, everything else was a bonus. Many others would rather spend the $70 differently.

It is my understanding that rooms are typically ready upon boarding with Princess. We are sailing on Regal and I have read several posts that they are an exception (not sure about other Royal class ships). We will still plan to board as early as possible, ignoring the suggested staggered boarding that would have us arriving right at the cut off for how late they allow passengers to board.

It wasn't bad keeping carry-on luggage with us on NCL and hopefully it won't be too crowded on Regal either.

Curious minds want to know, what does Carnival charge to board early?

Its 69 bucks per cabin for a 7 day sailing. It gets you priorty boarding- your cabin being ready when you board and disembarkation and front of the line for any tender ports and a special line for guest services. Only 30 cabins per sailing are sold (depending on how many platinums diamonds are onboard

Edited by serene56

They might get a little testy if you bring 50 of your best friends.

Not aware of an actual limit. Check before you try to push the boundary. It would be embarrassing to show up with 10 and find out the limit is 5. OOPs!!:o

One has to sign up (booking) for boarding/BVE.

It's a booking just like a normal passenger.

You can't just sign up and bring friends. They would have to sign up as well.

The BVE limit is 50 for the day.