Sorta the upgrade fairy............

klfhngr

Got an email from TA that my son and his wife could move from inside to obstructed view for $28 pp. I thought it was $28 pp per day, but it was $28 for the WEEK ($56 total). I jumped on it, but they won't find out until they're on the ship (SURPRISE!) :)

p.s. I know it was an up sell :) I'd like to think of it as the upgrade fairy paying us a visit since we've only been upgraded once out of all of our cruises!

in my opinion, natural light in the room is a plus, you can go look out from the lido if you want a view. i don't mind inside cabins, and i'd bring a full spectrum wake up light because i find it hard waking up with out natural light, but an OV, even obstructed, is just better.

in my opinion, natural light in the room is a plus, you can go look out from the lido if you want a view. i don't mind inside cabins, and i'd bring a full spectrum wake up light because i find it hard waking up with out natural light, but an OV, even obstructed, is just better.

I prefer natural light too... but hard to tell what time of the day/night it is when you in an Inside....

Wait, that's not fair! Not everyone was given the opportunity to take advantage of this upsell option! That's it, I'm done with Princess!

:) Yes, I'm joking. Congrats on the offer. We actually got a true upgrade on our first Alaska cruise where the day we checked in for the cruise we found out that we were moved from our outside window to a mid-ship balcony! Found out that from the people in the cabin next to us that our cabin upgrade was due to their parents getting sick and not being able to go. We were grateful for the upgrade and got to know our neighbors because of it.

Again, congrats!

Negative? Who's being negative? I am happy for them, I paid for it ;)

The poster was referring to the post quoted. The one about "enjoying the view of the tender boat". It was a pretty snide comment that was uncalled for.

I love your surprise (and it made my wife smile). I agree that it's a great change. I have nothing against an inside cabin but natural sunlight is a big bonus in my opinion. I think they will be quite pleased with the cabin change.

it WAS OP's comment. :) lol He was the one who made a "pretty snide comment".

Indeed. So funny, Thrak!

klfhngr, maybe they will get one of the obstructed cabins that has no real obstruction! We've had those several times, and they can be amazing. Of course, we picked them out ourselves but your son and his wife might get lucky! In any event, light is GOOD! I hope all of you have an amazing cruise!

What a nice surprise for them when they check in ;-) I still bask in the lovely memories of a true upgrade fairy visit on a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise when my mom and I were upgraded from a balcony to one of the sweet Aft Mini Suites with the HUGE balconies! She was beside herself the entire trip.

What a nice surprise for them when they check in ;-) I still bask in the lovely memories of a true upgrade fairy visit on a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise when my mom and I were upgraded from a balcony to one of the sweet Aft Mini Suites with the HUGE balconies! She was beside herself the entire trip.

I love hearing stories of upgrades and the happiness that make others!! :cool: