3 for free prices?

Sea and Me

Please bear with me since I may know the answer:) If we book under 3 for free next week with the prices of the cabin shown, then closer to the end of the sale (I think that would be in November) cabin prices go down would we be able to cancel (if not final payment) and rebook?? I seem to think we could, but may lose the cabin of choice. Is this correct??

Please bear with me since I may know the answer:) If we book under 3 for free next week with the prices of the cabin shown, then closer to the end of the sale (I think that would be in November) cabin prices go down would we be able to cancel (if not final payment) and rebook?? I seem to think we could, but may lose the cabin of choice. Is this correct??

Yes, you could lose your cabin of choice, but often, if not always, when you call in to cancel the one cruise to rebook it, you could always explain to the agent why you are canceling (just to rebook it) and he/she will probably just rebook it right then and there. I believe my wife (she usually does our bookings) has used that method in the past.

Tom

Absolutely...but you do not need to cancel you just ask for the price drop, a new invoice will be sent out.

I had a situation a few months ago where I wanted to go to a guarantee and the rep. kept me & DH in the same balcony cabin at a 300pp price drop, and the price drop did take place during the promo period.

Edited by land lover

I've never experienced nor read about a sale's price lowered during the promotion so it's doubtful if there'll be a price reduction.

To get a lower price after the sale would result in losing the 3 for Free benefits. For our cruises, the 3 for Free promotion has resulted in our best net cost for each of our cruises.

We just did exactly that. We are going to Alaska in June 2018 and had the sip and sail promotion. the price of our room dropped and we cancelled and rebooked under the 3 for free (we lost the sip n sail). I told the Princess agent right away I did not want to lose my room and just wanted the lower price and the 3 for free. He did it immediately and sent a new booking confirmation and all was well.

Called today and asked to be moved to the new 3 for free. Saved $200 pp. on cruise. We won't have as much OBC, BUT with the addition of gratuities, will come out $25 pp up. We do not say we want to re-book or cancel, they apply the new code for the offer. Takes 5 minutes or less.

Called today and asked to be moved to the new 3 for free. Saved $200 pp. on cruise. We won't have as much OBC, BUT with the addition of gratuities, will come out $25 pp up. We do not say we want to re-book or cancel, they apply the new code for the offer. Takes 5 minutes or less.

Thanks for the info.

Tony

We just did exactly that. We are going to Alaska in June 2018 and had the sip and sail promotion. the price of our room dropped and we cancelled and rebooked under the 3 for free (we lost the sip n sail). I told the Princess agent right away I did not want to lose my room and just wanted the lower price and the 3 for free. He did it immediately and sent a new booking confirmation and all was well.

We were able to get a better cabin location for a lower fare for our May Alaska cruise. With the free grats, we came out ahead even with less OBC. Win-win!

Not sure how TA's do it but they don't have to cancel your booking and then rebook. they just reface.(as long as you are keeping your same cabin. Not sure what happens if you change categories). Whenever I have switched promotions I keep my same booking #. If they had to cancel and rebook you would get different booking #.

Still watch for prices to go down. Last year on the 3 for free one of my cruises went down significantly after day two or three of the promotion.

We were able to get a better cabin location for a lower fare for our May Alaska cruise. With the free grats, we came out ahead even with less OBC. Win-win!

We did not even try for a better room. We are on mid ship Caribe deck with premium balcony. We saved $285 per person on the fare, got free gratuities, and $100 each OBC. Worked out great!

As others have said Princess has pricing down to a science. We have rebooked cruises as many as three times. Bottom line including the promotion seems like it changes very little but the deal may be better for you personally. I never value the sip and save at it advertised savings, but calculate my own savings. As far as when to book, I think earlier is better. If you have it you can always rebook.

We just did exactly that. ..................... and had the sip and sail promotion. the price of our room dropped and we cancelled and rebooked under the 3 for free (we lost the sip n sail). I told the Princess agent right away I did not want to lose my room and just wanted the lower price and the 3 for free. He did it immediately and sent a new booking confirmation and all was well.

We also did the same.

Just changed from Sip + Sail to 3-for-Free and saved about $800 off the cruise fare plus got more OBC. Since we don't drink a lot, it was worth it for us. Just make sure you compare prices with what you need/use on a cruise. The free gratuities and OBC with the 3-for-Free can often end up being a better deal.

This is from the Princess US site:

3 FOR FREE FOR EVERYONE!

*EVERYONE can enjoy all three on select cruises and cruisetours sailing Summer 2018 – Spring 2019.‬‬‬‬

EVERYONE in a stateroom enjoys:

FREE stateroom location upgrade

FREE gratuities†† (valued at up to $15.50 per guest, per day)

FREE onboard spending money‡‡ (valued at up to $150 per guest, for ALL guests)

Up to $150 Onboard Spending Money per guest

Cruise LengthPer Guest6-9 Days$7510-12 Days$100

13+ Days$150

All. Go to Princess.com and read the info about the promo.

I can't go to Princess.com US site as I am in UK and just directed back to UK site.

Flo71 is in the U.K. where no one is eligible.

"Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional. Fares quoted in USD".

Flo71 is in the U.K. where no one is eligible.

"Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional. Fares quoted in USD".

But there are US agents who will book for you, I suppose this is even though they technically shouldn't. The last time I did this was 2014 so it may have tightened up more since then.

• 3 months later...
This is from the Princess US site:

3 FOR FREE FOR EVERYONE!

*EVERYONE can enjoy all three on select cruises and cruisetours sailing Summer 2018 – Spring 2019.‬‬‬‬

EVERYONE in a stateroom enjoys:

FREE stateroom location upgrade

FREE gratuities†† (valued at up to $15.50 per guest, per day)

FREE onboard spending money‡‡ (valued at up to $150 per guest, for ALL guests)

Up to $150 Onboard Spending Money per guest

Cruise LengthPer Guest6-9 Days$7510-12 Days$100

13+ Days$150

I may have a change on one of my cruises booked with this promotion. I may end up solo and I am wondering if I will still be able to keep this promotion. Hopefully, I can. Also, would I get double the onboard credit if I pay the solo premium? I know I can call princess and ask but they are closed. Thank you in advance for your helpful replies.