Formal Nights

malony33

Formal Nights are no more, replaced with Evening Chic.

On the Eclipse last autumn (ex UK) the third Evening Chic had both the Surf n Turf and Chateaubriand. My wife and I thought the Chateaubriand was excellent. One of our tablemates decided to have both (Lobster and Chateaubriand)! We thought overall it was the best night in the MDR, If you get similar menu cooked to similar standards then you'll be spoilt for choice.

Hi, Fellow Cruisers,

I'm on the Oct.16 Equinox sailing. Does anyone know which are the formal nights? On those nights, are passengers in the MDR still given a choice of Surf and Turf or Chateaubriand?:cool:

The formal nights are now called :"Chic" nights. You'll still see plenty of pax dressed to the nines, however. It's now more of a personal choice as to how to dress.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, all.

I want to know which 2 nights of an 11-nt. cruise are those "special" nights (where we USED TO DRESS FORMALLY) where we have lobster or surf 'n' turf or chateaubriand, etc. I want to be in the MDR on those nights rather than dining in a specialty restaurant. For instance, are those nights #2 and #9?

Thanks. :cool:

Sorry, all.

I want to know which 2 nights of an 11-nt. cruise are those "special" nights (where we USED TO DRESS FORMALLY) where we have lobster or surf 'n' turf or chateaubriand, etc. I want to be in the MDR on those nights rather than dining in a specialty restaurant. For instance, are those nights #2 and #9?

Thanks. :cool:

Excellent chance it will be day 2, the other day can be a crapshoot. Be advised that they hold them on both port and sea days. Day 9 has been the pattern in the past. Just An FYI, we are just off the Equinox and had no problem making a late Speccialty dining reservation

Sorry, can't help you with the surf and turf since we didn't eat in the MDR.

Hi, Fellow Cruisers,

I'm on the Oct.16 Equinox sailing. Does anyone know which are the formal nights? On those nights, are passengers in the MDR still given a choice of Surf and Turf or Chateaubriand?:cool:

We just sailed on the Infinity 17-24 September. The second chic evening was when we had lobster. No surf-n-turf on the menu in the MDR. We ordered a steak to split between us to go along with our lobster tail for our surf-n-turf.