Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

Departing Harmony OTS 9/23/17 Any new updates after change to St. Kits?

We are on the same cruise.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale on Thursday. I do not think we will have any trouble then because I think the projections are for Puerto Rico then.

I am just worried that by Saturday, the Harmony might not be able to dock there.

Currently on day 2 of our Adventure sailing. We just left St. Croix, which replaced the St. Maarten stop. The rest of our itinerary has been altered (thankfully) to avoid the storm. Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados have been dropped.

St. Kitts will only be a brief loading stop for supplies; no one will be disembarking. We'll be continuing to Aruba and stay overnight. The next day is Bonaire, followed by an "at sea" day and God willing, back to San Juan PR. I'm just grateful for Royal's care for their passengers. :)

We are on the same cruise!!!:eek: I'm hoping these storms will go out to sea and spare the US. Several years ago we were on a NE/Canada cruise on the Explorer and evidently there was a hurricane out there. We went to Quebec and spent an overnight there. A memorable cruise!

Huh are we the same people? We also did this cruise several years ago, 2009 to be exact on Explorer. Its one of the best cruises around, so much fun, and things to learn in these ports. These hurricanes better just go away.

We would be unhappy with basically three sea days, but know they're doing their best to salvage your vacation. It's better than if you were on a land vacation in the path, right? I hope these are islands you're excited to visit!

Hope you have smooth sailing! Good luck and let us know how you are.

Renee

We're currently on Adventure too, doing week 2 of our B2B. We're so disappointed that we're having to go back to Aruba and Bonaire again although we do understand why. We were really looking forward to once again visiting our favourite islands of Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados, I do hope this Maria storm/hurricane doesn't do them too much damage.

We weren't overly impressed with Aruba and Bonaire and neither would be our choices to visit again but it is what it is and we'll just have to go along with it. The weather in both of those islands was so intensely hot and humid last week and locals told us that it was due to the effect of the current crop of hurricanes affecting the atmosphere. If it's like that again when we go back we're not bothering to get off the ship.

So week 2 of our trip is proving to be a bit of a disappointment especially as the menus, entertainment etc is exactly the same this week as it was last week, including the ports of call! Good job we have free drinks packages to console ourselves and fingers crossed that our flights out of San Juan on Saturday are still on! And fingers crossed that this storm does not inflict the level of damage that Irma did to the islands in its path.

We would be unhappy with basically three sea days' date=' but know they're doing their best to salvage your vacation. It's better than if you were on a land vacation in the path, right? I hope these are islands you're excited to visit!

Hope you have smooth sailing! Good luck and let us know how you are.

Renee[/quote']

We are easy going and will make the best of our vacation wherever we go.

With that said, our original itinerary is really what we wanted to do. We just did the ABC islands on our last cruise. I'm cool with visiting them again though, and for RCI getting us well out of Maria's way!

Just hope Puerto Rico comes through unscathed so we can fly home as scheduled.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Dan.

Hurricane Maria is going to be a cat 4 or even 5 hurricane, sweeping through almost the same route as Irma...... God bless those islands...

Any projection of how the 9/23 HOTS itinerary is going to change? It was St Thomas, San Juan, Labadee.... St thomas got swapped into St Kitts, but it looks like hurricane Maria is going to destroy St Kitts and San Juan.....

Anyone else going on HOTS on 9/23 wondering about this??

Hurricane Maria is going to be a cat 4 or even 5 hurricane, sweeping through almost the same route as Irma...... God bless those islands...

Any projection of how the 9/23 HOTS itinerary is going to change? It was St Thomas, San Juan, Labadee.... St thomas got swapped into St Kitts, but it looks like hurricane Maria is going to destroy St Kitts and San Juan.....

Huh are we the same people? We also did this cruise several years ago, 2009 to be exact on Explorer. Its one of the best cruises around, so much fun, and things to learn in these ports. These hurricanes better just go away.

We must be! It was 2009 on the Explorer. I remember the Concierge, Ricky Ulgalde at the time, and several staff rented a van in Quebec and went partying in Montreal all night. They weren't feeling too well the next day. We've done this cruise every year since Royal started going to New England in 2007. It's our favorite cruise! I'm hoping Maria doesn't come our way.... or my homes way in SC!:eek: We survived Irma unscathed so fingers crossed!

Yes - we are sailing on 9/23 HOTS and watching this closely. I rebooked an excursion at St. Kitts so curious where we'll end up now. Praying for all those on the affected islands.

Another big one is coming. Maria is gaining strength and will most likely disrupt the cruise ship schedule again.

The folks on those islands must just be shaking their heads at the thought of another hit. Maybe the only bright side is it might be better to take the hit before rebuilding than after if they have to take it at all.

At least their cisterns can be filled....almost all the water they use must be collected in cisterns. Hopefully they are getting the water sanitation plants back online. Their drinking water is mostly bottled. Could be serious impetus for revamping their water systems, maybe even desalinization. I pray it misses St Martin entirely.

We are sailing out of San Juan on AotS on October 21st. Hope everything has calmed down by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, are you on the island? I lived there for 9 years and know if they get a direct hit it will be Chaos. One side of the island is still trying to get back to normal. Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least their cisterns can be filled....almost all the water they use must be collected in cisterns. Hopefully they are getting the water sanitation plants back online. Their drinking water is mostly bottled. Could be serious impetus for revamping their water systems, maybe even desalinization. I pray it misses St Martin entirely.

St.Maarten has been operating desalinization plants for years, which are capable of producing millions and millions of gallons of pure water each day. I am sure getting them back into working order is a number one priority.

bosco

We are on the same Cruise and wondering the same. Maybe with the 2PM update we will have some news.

Oh no...looks like San Juan is going to get another storm!!!:(

Also, there is talk of Nassau being affected as well.

We do not sail until 10/28 on Anthem and Nassau is one of listed our ports and now it is looking more like we just don't know where we will be going!

Another concern, has there been information on the status of the downtown area of St. Thomas and local shopkeepers as well as the Holiday Inn (used to be Frenchman's Reef)? Hoping they are all safe. Over the years we made friends with many of the local shops run by families and would always stop in to visit even if we did not purchase anything. Praying for the best for them and that they are safe.

MARAPRINCE