Increased drinks package prices ????

reemab1

The thing I hate most about the AIBP is that drinks that exceed the price limit ($12 USD) are charged at full price , not the difference. Celebrity changed this policy and I was hoping Princess would follow. No such luck.

When the price limit was $10, there were less than a handful of drinks that exceeded that value. (On Celebrity's basic package, there were many drinks that exceeded its $ limit.)

So what the $12 limit tells me is that Princess is raising the prices of many alcoholic beverages by up to $2. I would expect there still to be less than a handful of drinks that will exceed the new limit.

What is more negative is that canned sodas, which definitely cost less than $12, are no longer included in the AIBP at no additional charge. Now you just get a 25% discount on canned sodas. With the old AIBP, the inclusion of canned sodas meant you could get soda on the private island at no additional charge. Now you cannot.

No wonder they changed the name from AIBP, since calling it all inclusive now would be a marketing lie.

As I read it, its beer, wine, and cocktails $12 and under.

As far as I know a whiskey on the rocks isn't a cocktail?

In my personaliser it says:-

Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $12 (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

PS I can't find the gold and silver wine packages in my personaliser?

Edited by jefa

PS I can't find the gold and silver wine packages in my personaliser?

Wine packages have never been displayed anywhere on the Princess website & on most cruises I've sailed they had very little onboard promotion.

Edited by Astro Flyer

In Australia and this is my personalised today6103bf9a3bd9462ff3e70a5fefdaf242.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

this is on mine today

Packages are not added to your booking until they are paid for. Prices include gratuity.

Purchase price may vary due to currency exchange rates.

All-Inclusive-Bev-Pkg.jpgPremier Beverage PackageAU$89.69 per person, per day

The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $16 AUD (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

View full terms & conditions.

this is on mine today

Packages are not added to your booking until they are paid for. Prices include gratuity.

The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $16 AUD (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

the spirits are back.

We like to have sparkling water with dinner.

I don't care if it comes from a small bottle or a large liter bottle (although for two people it seems ridiculous to keep opening small bottles when a large one covers the meal).

The wording of the new program says large bottles are included in "specialty restaurants".

What about the the main dining room?

I certainly don't expect to pay for water when I have the "Premier" beverage package!

I'm also interested in hearing about whether or not there will be a change in the corkage fee as we will likely be among those who will now be bringing our own bottles of better wine - even with the package.

$68.99 per person, per day

Enjoy a wide range of drinks for $59.99 per day plus a 15% gratuity. The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $12 (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

id love a survey of who drinks more than 15 a day. wouldnt that be the definition of alcoholism?

from Merriam-Webster:

Definition of alcoholism

:continued excessive or compulsive use of alcoholic drinks

2a :a chronic, a progressive, potentially fatal disorder marked by excessive and usually compulsive drinking of alcohol leading to psychological and physical dependence or addictionNOTE: Alcoholism is typically characterized by the inability to control alcoholic drinking, impairment of the ability to work and socialize, tendency to drink alone and engage in violent behavior, neglect of physical appearance and proper nutrition, alcohol-related illness (such as hepatitis or cirrhosis of the liver), and moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms (such as irritability, anxiety, tremors, insomnia, and confusion) upon detoxification.

:acute alcohol poisoning resulting from the usually rapid consumption of excessive alcoholic beverages

I doubt I would consume more than 15 drinks per day every day of the cruise, but I do think it is possible to without being an alcoholic. One can also be an alcoholic without consuming 15 drinks per day.

If the price is already included I might have 2 mimosas with breakfast (they aren't that big/strong), try the drink of they day mid morning, 1 or 2 ciders with lunch, try another drink in the afternoon - discover that I really don't like that drink and get something else (one perk of an AIBP), 2 glasses of wine with dinner (long meal, why buy a bottle for additional cost?), a martini after dinner/pre-show, another 2-3 drinks with music/dancing after the show.

That's only 13, but I don't consider myself a big drinker. On the ship I don't need to drive anywhere/at home I wouldn't drink that much in a month.

If the price is already included I might have 2 mimosas with breakfast (they aren't that big/strong), try the drink of they day mid morning, 1 or 2 ciders with lunch, try another drink in the afternoon - discover that I really don't like that drink and get something else (one perk of an AIBP), 2 glasses of wine with dinner (long meal, why buy a bottle for additional cost?), a martini after dinner/pre-show, another 2-3 drinks with music/dancing after the show.

That's only 13, but I don't consider myself a big drinker. On the ship I don't need to drive anywhere/at home I wouldn't drink that much in a month.

I've sure I've done it more than once with a special dinner put in the mix. Take what you wrote and add in a pre dinner cocktail, sparkling wine with the appetizer and a port after dinner.

I've sure I've done it more than once with a special dinner put in the mix. Take what you wrote and add in a pre dinner cocktail, sparkling wine with the appetizer and a port after dinner.

Thanks for the confirmation that it isn't that hard to hit 15 without over doing it. On our last cruise (NCL) drinks were included so that was my memory.

We decided for this cruise we didn't want to pay for the full package so we are getting the Soda and More this time and bringing our own wine on board (plus trying Winemaker's Table). One of our port days will include our own pub crawl, so that will be plenty of alcohol but we can still indulge trying the Mocktails and I can get Sprite in my OJ for breakfast:champagne-toast: Even if we do get an extra drink or two a day it will be a lot less than the package, but I can see why others might still find it a value for their vacation.

this is on mine today

the spirits are back.

Kind of disappointing on the large bottles of water. So, it is covered if dining in a specialty venue, but otherwise, it is not. We usually get one each to take with us out to the pool area on sea days where we spend much of our day so that we stay hydrated. I guess we will have to keep getting the smaller bottles instead. If I remember correctly, the large bottles with tax were less than $6 so not sure why it wouldn't be covered by this package.

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

With them limiting drinks to 15 per day, are they still saying it can't be shared?

Yes, they are still saying it can't be shared. From the terms and conditions:

"Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. "

And the penalties are (bold added):

"Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions, revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:

• Become intoxicated 

• Provide beverages to the other guests or do not comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
  • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to the other cruise guests or staff
  • Exceed or attempt to circumvent the daily limits and service limitations outlined 
"

So it was mentioned in this thread that the large bottles of water are not included. Are you sure? The price of a large bottle doesn't exceed $12 so why wouldn't they be included? We usually get a bottle each and take with us to the pool as we sit out there on sea days most of the day and keep hydrated. I seem to remember that buying a large bottle of water with tax was less than $6. Would appreciate a clarification or verification on this.

Contact Princess and ask them the question

Annie

How do cruisers find out about them then?

Passengers can learn about wine packages from other passengers or on cruise forums such as CC.

My experiences have been that onboard staff decides how to promote it which has varied. When promoted they've had a table set up by the aft elevators just outside the buffet. Only once did staff make copies of a flyer with the details which were placed on MDR tables. Once a headwater said wine packages were unavailable & he was eager to sell us an expensive AIBP but our MDR waiter was happy to sell us a wine package. We purchase the wine package from our waiters who will provide our wine & have been told it benefits them with things such as extra time off while in port.

On my pre-purchase options from "Princess Cellars" the wine doesn't yet appear to have increased in price. Maybe that's coming later

Thanks for the information but having read posts on one of the discussions about the AIBP changes to the PBP some passengers are already reporting about a 10% increase in onboard wine prices.