Does cabin bidding mess with current perks?

Bob7

Y’ know the old warning, if you change any features of a cruise reservation, all the perks you had such as OBC, dining, bev pkg, are gone, and you are starting over with whatever perks you can get with the new changes you are making. So I had to wonder, if you successfully bid for a cabin upgrade, does that mess with the perks you had? And also, do those of you who do bidding involve your non-NCL TA in the process?

Thx.

When we were awarded our successful bid we kept all of the perks that we had on our original reservation - dining/beverage package, obc, tax free etc. Since we also maintained a "spa" category room, we kept the spa as well, but keep in mind that if we had upgraded to a non-spa room, we would have not kept that as the spa is not a perk rather a room amenity.

Found this:

2. Does the upgrade include any additional promotions?

The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. However, you get to keep whichever promotions you already have.

From this page : https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

Edited by garycarla

Y’ know the old warning, if you change any features of a cruise reservation, all the perks you had such as OBC, dining, bev pkg, are gone, and you are starting over with whatever perks you can get with the new changes you are making. So I had to wonder, if you successfully bid for a cabin upgrade, does that mess with the perks you had? And also, do those of you who do bidding involve your non-NCL TA in the process?

Thx.

You keep your existing perks. You don't lose any nor do you gain any.

Booking perks do not change either up or down as others have said. However if you bid and get a suite you do get the basic suite perks such as the dedicated restaurant for breakfast and lunch, use of the butler and concierge, priority embarkation/disembarkation.

You do not have to use your TA as you can do it on your own.

We had a bid that was accepted and our original perks followed us...however, if you purchased anything, check your new reservation to make sure it follows you. I ordered a photo package that didn't make it to the new reservation and took several hours to straighten out on the last day of our sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 11 months later...
If you have purchased a thermal spa pass, bid on & upgraded to a spa balcony, do you get a refund or obc for your spa pass?
Call and cancel the spa pass....... don't wait until you board. Less messy that way and the credit will be applied back to your credit card.

No they do not

Clarifying that a bit

while you're in the process of waiting to see if your bid is accepted

Your old cabin stays with you UNTIL your bid is accepted

AND then it is placed back into inventory for a subsequent bidder

A folly if done any other way fraught with overbooking double booking disasters.

Clarifying that a bit

while you're in the process of waiting to see if your bid is accepted

Your old cabin stays with you UNTIL your bid is accepted

AND then it is placed back into inventory for a subsequent bidder

A folly if done any other way fraught with overbooking double booking disasters.

What was there to "clarify"??

The question was:

Silly question but while you're in the process of waiting to see if your bid is accepted' date=' they don't release your original cabin back into inventory, do they???[/quote']

and my answer was "no they don't"..... pretty cut and dry.

Just an observation....... this is why CC reaches 100s of posts per thread because the answer was given but people need to "clarify" over and over.

Thx.

According to our TA who checked with NCL when we decided to bid a few years ago, no, you keep all the perks on the promo you have. So far, we have only bid a couple of times and never been successful, so don't have any experience yet, but will be bidding for our Feb cruise.

According to our TA who checked with NCL when we decided to bid a few years ago, no, you keep all the perks on the promo you have. So far, we have only bid a couple of times and never been successful, so don't have any experience yet, but will be bidding for our Feb cruise.
I'm sure Bob didn't have any issues (you're replying to his post of a year ago)...... he probably also read post #3 and the T&Cs bullets #12 & #13

https://www.ncl.com/au/en/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

wait...so if I bid and am awarded a Haven room, I don't get the Haven perks? Just a huge room?

The issues would be clearer with different terminology, I think. Free at Sea offers (UBP, UDP, Internet, etc.) are promotions. If you bid successfully on an upgrade, you keep whatever promotions you had from your original booking, but you don't gain any new ones.

Haven access, butler, and so forth are amenities. They are with the cabin, not with the original booking.

On the other hand, if you want a change that requires cancelling your original booking and making a new booking, you lose the original promotions but get those that are currently offered for the new booking. This does not apply to upgrades. It's a factor when someone sees that a lower fare has become available, and chooses to cancel (before final payment date) and rebook at the lower price.

The issues would be clearer with different terminology, I think. Free at Sea offers (UBP, UDP, Internet, etc.) are promotions. If you bid successfully on an upgrade, you keep whatever promotions you had from your original booking, but you don't gain any new ones.

Haven access, butler, and so forth are amenities. They are with the cabin, not with the original booking.

On the other hand, if you want a change that requires cancelling your original booking and making a new booking, you lose the original promotions but get those that are currently offered for the new booking. This does not apply to upgrades. It's a factor when someone sees that a lower fare has become available, and chooses to cancel (before final payment date) and rebook at the lower price.

Fantastic review of terminology!

So we had a 2 bedroom suite with all 5 perks. We bid on and were successful in getting a 2 bedroom Haven. I know we keep all the perks and get the Haven amenities but there is one big difference. On the Jade you get unlimited open bar in the Haven versus the ultimate beverage package. Any chance we will get that too?

wait...so if I bid and am awarded a Haven room, I don't get the Haven perks? Just a huge room?

You will get the Butler, Concierge, use of the Haven restaurant, bar, pools, priority reservations. What you won't get are the additional perks that people who originally booked Havens receive. For example, you might have had a choice of 2 from drinks or dining package, excursion credit, internet, gratuities, where a Haven guest might have been eligible for all of them. You won't get additional ones.

You will get the Butler, Concierge, use of the Haven restaurant, bar, pools, priority reservations. What you won't get are the additional perks that people who originally booked Havens receive. For example, you might have had a choice of 2 from drinks or dining package, excursion credit, internet, gratuities, where a Haven guest might have been eligible for all of them. You won't get additional ones.
Sorta what #16 said......