How Do Cruise Documents Arrive?

Yvonne

Our Disney cruise documents were brought by Fed Ex, and the Carnival ones came in the mail so was just wondering how Royal Caribbean sends out their documents. Ours are supposed to be arriving by the 15th, so I'm just wondering if I should be watching for the Fed Ex or UPS truck or the mailman to deliver them, thanks. :)

Our Disney cruise documents were brought by Fed Ex, and the Carnival ones came in the mail so was just wondering how Royal Caribbean sends out their documents. Ours are supposed to be arriving by the 15th, so I'm just wondering if I should be watching for the Fed Ex or UPS truck or the mailman to deliver them, thanks. :)

Our travel agent drops them off at our house :)

I told him I didn't want E-Docs - I want to hold that nice little spiral bound binder in my warm little hands.....

I received my docs for my upcoming Rhapsody cruise via Postal Service. My docs for my cruise last January came UPS overnight (but I think that was because that was the only way they could get them to me in time - I received them less than 24 hours before the ship sailed).

Me Too:D :D

I have had the docs sent to the TA for me to pick up and also had the docs sent directly to me by RCI via USPS. No matter how they come it is a thrill to actually get them in your hands and then start the doc dance;)

Got mine yesterday for Enchantment! :D They came priority mail.

Funny thing... we use a P.O. Box... no mail to our house... our last cruise we were told they needed a physical address, RCL couldn't send to a P.O. Box, so we gave them my office address. They ended up coming USPS, so the P.O. Box should have been fine. :rolleyes:

The docs for our upcoming cruise came to my office yesterday and I started doing a little "doc dance" in my office. I have glass walls, so my co-workers got an eyeful! :p They wanted to know what I was so excited about.... :confused: Of course, they didn't get it when I told them... That's one of the reasons it's nice to have friends here. ;)

Rumor has it , that if you open your cruise docs and put your ear to page one.........you can hear the ocean !!!

And I thought I heard Lust for Life from the comercials!

I received my docs in my mail box through USPS. No signature required about 30 days before the cruise.

Got mine yesterday for Enchantment! :D They came priority mail.

Funny thing... we use a P.O. Box... no mail to our house... our last cruise we were told they needed a physical address, RCL couldn't send to a P.O. Box, so we gave them my office address. They ended up coming USPS, so the P.O. Box should have been fine. :rolleyes:

The docs for our upcoming cruise came to my office yesterday and I started doing a little "doc dance" in my office. I have glass walls, so my co-workers got an eyeful! :p They wanted to know what I was so excited about.... :confused: Of course, they didn't get it when I told them... That's one of the reasons it's nice to have friends here. ;)

They want to have the flexibility to send it however they decide to, with a PO Box they don't.

When you reach diamond status in the Crown & Anchor club your cruise documents will be delivered by an ornate carriage pulled by 4 unicorns......:rolleyes:

I thought that didn't happen until you reached Diamond Plus?

Originally Posted by superjerryw

When you reach diamond status in the Crown & Anchor club your cruise documents will be delivered by an ornate carriage pulled by 4 unicorns......:rolleyes:

I thought that didn't happen until you reached Diamond Plus?

I think at Diamond Plus they differentiate if the documents are being delivered to a man or a woman. They use the same carriage but if the documents are going to a women the carriage is driven by Fabio and if the documents are being delivered to a man the carriage is driven by Pamela Anderson....:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by superjerryw

I think at Diamond Plus they differentiate if the documents are being delivered to a man or a woman. They use the same carriage but if the documents are going to a women the carriage is driven by Fabio and if the documents are being delivered to a man the carriage is driven by Pamela Anderson....:rolleyes:

Ok. Thanks. If we don't like Fabio, do we have other choices say Brad Pitt, George Clooney, etc.?

Ok. Thanks. If we don't like Fabio, do we have other choices say Brad Pitt, George Clooney, etc.?

I'll have to admit that Fabio is a bit of a dated reference, and this is coming from a guy. I have to agree with wrp96, his/her suggestions are a bit more timely.

Howdy Yvonne!

So, did your docs arrive okay? If so, this is for you!060104_emA4_prv.gif

We had to wait a few extra days for ours since RCI sent them to our TA who then sent them to us by regular mail.

I want to warn you as someone here on Cruise Critic warned me. Please be aware, your RCI cruise tickets come in the form of a small spiral bound booklet that will say something like "Travel Documentation Package" on the front of it. Rarely does it mention the word "tickets". Be informed: the book is your ticket. Review the booklet carefully for spelling accuracy of your names, and other pertinent information. You'd be surprised how often people throw these books out without opening them because they assume it's just advertising or junk mail!

I sincerely hope you have a wonderful first time RCI cruise! Ours sure was!!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Archived