Upsell offer

lbfluffy

I received an email from princess. They said they would offer me a mini suite for $279 per person. We are currently in a caribe balcony. It is for our 15 day Hawaii cruise. We originally had the least expensive guarantee balcony and was upgraded into the premium balcony on the caribe deck. I left a message with the agent offering the upsell. What do you all think? We have never been in a mini suite and we have never been offered an Upsell. I'm not sure what cabin they are going to offer me. Thanks for your feedback.

I received an email from princess. They said they would offer me a mini suite for $279 per person. We are currently in a caribe balcony. It is for our 15 day Hawaii cruise. We originally had the least expensive guarantee balcony and was upgraded into the premium balcony on the caribe deck. I left a message with the agent offering the upsell. What do you all think? We have never been in a mini suite and we have never been offered an Upsell. I'm not sure what cabin they are going to offer me. Thanks for your feedback.

I would stay where I was. I like a mini but a balcony is juuuuuuuuuuuust fine and I can find other uses for $558. I would especially stay put as you have a Caribe deck balcony. Nope, nope, nope. Of course others will likely disagree but you asked for opinions and this is mine.

The biggest "perk" for us in a Mini is the tub in the bathroom. For a longer cruise, like Hawaii, I would probably take the upsell for the tub - not to mention the couch in the main cabin area. But thrak is right, $558 would go a long way to cover a bar bill on a 15 day cruise. Or a few Crown Grills. Or BOTH! Have a great cruise!

I'd go for it. We find that the longer the cruise, and the more sea days, the more we value the size and the sofa. If we're in port most days, it doesn't matter that much, but you've got a ton of sea days. If you are inclined to spend any time in the cabin just relaxing, reading, having a cocktail on the balcony, you'll probably appreciate have more room to roam.

The where part is kind of up to you. It looks like there are maybe about 20 minis available on that sailing, all in the mid-aft or mid-forward sections. All perfectly fine. I don't see any Emerald deck minis. I like those best because they're covered. Others differ.

Jim

Well I'm still waiting on the call, to find out more. We are in C619. If the main difference in a tub and sofa I'm thinking that's not a big deal for us. I prefer showers! Plus I love to roam the ship and join in activities and see the shows of course.

The lady called me back. She said the mini I would have to choose from are on the dolphin deck forward or aft. So I passed. If they offered the club class mini I might have. I was pretty excited getting an offer. I've never been offered an upsell. I think I did well getting the bigger balcony on the caribe deck.

You all are so helpful. Thank you,

The lady called me back. She said the mini I would have to choose from are on the dolphin deck forward or aft. So I passed. If they offered the club class mini I might have. I was pretty excited getting an offer. I've never been offered an upsell. I think I did well getting the bigger balcony on the caribe deck.

You all are so helpful. Thank you,

I think that was pretty wise. If it had been on the Emerald deck (where the balcony is covered) or in the Club Class mini's ... I probably would have taken it but just not worth it for a forward or aft on the Dolphin deck. Good choice!

I think that was pretty wise. If it had been on the Emerald deck (where the balcony is covered) or in the Club Class mini's ... I probably would have taken it but just not worth it for a forward or aft on the Dolphin deck. Good choice!

Thank you. I've always loved the Caribe balconies