New NCL advisement re itinerary changes Eastern Caribbean

Tangocherie

Barbados Haiti and Martinique as well as San Juan are likely landing spots

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

San Juan?... Puerto Rico is preparing for a direct hit by Mariia a Category 5 hurricane and San Juan may get a direct hit from the hurricane's eye. I hope things work out and people remain safe.

bosco

We had Eastern Caribbean sailings scheduled for:

NCL Escape Oct 7, 2017

Celebrity Equinox Jan 20, 2018

NCL Escape Feb 24, 2018

Now, I know for certain our October sailing is switch to Western Caribbean, understandably so.

But, if the next two are also switched, I will admittedly be disappointed.

I do not want to do 3 W Caribbean cruises in 5 months. (I have been to Cozumel 4 times in 2 cruises within the last year due to unforeseen events...)

I know we can't control the weather and I am incredibly concerned about the islanders.

That being said, since I've already made final payment through the January cruise (and have airfare for all three)... I don't see my options getting a lot better.

Edited by the_dylaness
spell check!

We had Eastern Caribbean sailings scheduled for:

NCL Escape Oct 7, 2017

Celebrity Equinox Jan 20, 2018

NCL Escape Feb 24, 2018

Now, I know for certain our October sailing is switch to Western Caribbean, understandably so.

But, if the next two are also switched, I will admittedly be disappointed.

I do not want to do 3 W Caribbean cruises in 5 months. (I have been to Cozumel 4 times in 2 cruises within the last year due to unforeseen events...)

I know we can't control the weather and I am incredibly concerned about the islanders.

That being said, since I've already made final payment through the January cruise (and have airfare for all three)... I don't see my options getting a lot better.

You can still cancel your January & February cruises as final payment not yet due so no worries. You cannot control the weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got the same email today for my 2/24/18 cruise on the Epic. I would love to stop at St. Thomas and Tortola to help out their local economies by spending money in their ports, but understand that they may not be ready to receive cruise passengers by February. I'll be happy no matter where we go as it may be the last vacation I get to take with my grandpa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe NCL has already announced that all cruises to the Eastern Carib would be diverted to the west till the end of November.

Not true, only up till the first week of November. I cruise the end of November and they are trying to secure new ports for us, Western carib ports are mostly full and new ships repositioning from Alaska in November will fill up the carib ports even more than they are now.

It will be interesting to see what they figure out.

We are sailing on the Dawn out of San Juan mid-December. Fully paid including airline tickets. News reports make it look like St. Thomas and St. Maarten are the most likely ports to be diverted. Been wanting to see St. Maarten most of all on this trip (S. Caribbean 7 day) and have been hoping to go there for a long time. I hope they can recover. We got the same email today.

We have a booked and almost paid for Western Caribbean cruise Jan 19th for 14 days. I am so wondering if our itineraries will be changed due to all the ships needing some of our ports. I have no problem with any changes but would like to know beforehand so we can figure out our excursions.

I believe NCL has already announced that all cruises to the Eastern Carib would be diverted to the west till the end of November.

Just through October although we November cruisers could see what was coming. The fact that people all though the season have received them confirms that it will be no quick fix here.

Probably good that notice won't happen for a couple of weeks as more islands appear to be affected by Maria. I can't even imagine that there is one behind Maria nor can I remember a season this bad in my lifetime.

Got my email also for 2/10/2018 sailing, while I am disappointed I am also very impressed that NCL is being so proactive with knowing that major changes will have to happen, being so proactive hopefully means no cancellations just different routes.

And I am also impressed with their communication so far, daily updates on their website and now this email for a sailing that is more than 5 months away.

I know someone who is sailing the week after me on a different cruise line who has had no communication at all from that cruise line.

Its refreshing to know NCL reads their email and writes back to you. She replied within 15 minutes. I had a brief question about our 14 cruise on the BA and where it might end up. I'm sure she must be inundated with questions from other pax. Her email goes a long way with me.

Laszlo:

Unfortunately I cannot confirm at this time what the new itinerary will be. For the 11 & 14 days sailing we were not looking to turn those into western Caribbean itineraries but we now need to wait and see what impact Maria has before we can move forward. Our hope is to keep them as Southern Caribbean but I cannot make any promises.

We hope to have decisions made within the next week or so and will communicate.

Best,

Vivian 薇薇安

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Doing the Epic over Thanksgiving.....got the email & have my fingers crossed they don't divert to Nassau...ugh. Anyone know if changing the itinerary allows you any additional cancellation options if you are not happy with the new ports?

No, that's covered in this section of the Guest Ticket Contract:

6. Vessel and Voyage:

© Itinerary Deviation: The Guest agrees that the Carrier has the sole discretion and liberty to direct the movements of the vessel, including the rights to: proceed without pilots and tow, and assist other vessels in all situations; deviate from the purchased voyage or the normal course for any purpose, including,without limitation, in the interest of Guests or of the vessel, or to save life or property; put in at any unscheduled or unadvertised port; cancel any scheduled call at any port for any reason and at any time before, during or after sailing of the vessel; omit, advance or delay landing at any scheduled or advertised port; return to port of embarkation or to any port previously visited if the Carrier deems it prudent to do so;substitute another vessel or port(s) of call without prior notice and without incurring any liability to the Guest on account thereof for any loss, damage or delay whatsoever, whether consequential or otherwise.

It is really a shame so many islands are being affected by Irma and Maria. The feel so bad for them especially ones that rely heavily on tourism to hold up their economy. With all the ships going to same ports, there will be odd hour docking or tendering at the western ports.

We are on the Jan 6th Escape sailing and we’ll have to see where we go. Unfortunately, we’ve already paid it off so we probably will not be able to switch to a different itinerary such as Panama Canal or Mexican riviera.