What is served on Lido buffet on "Cruise Elegant" nights?

TAYLORCPA

The dress requirement isn't really that big of deal, if the buffet doesnt have prime rib and you have to go to the mdr...

Good to know! I just don't see much sense in packing a jacket, tie, and dress shoes for a four night cruise! I'm hoping to take a carry on each.

Good to know! I just don't see much sense in packing a jacket, tie, and dress shoes for a four night cruise! I'm hoping to take a carry on each.

for the gentlemen, a long sleeve shirt and khakis are sufficient, even a polo with untorn jeans would be sufficient to enter. I have in a pinch, worn nice tennis shoes on this night, but i try to wear something a little dressier.

There is NO requirement for men to wear jackets and ties on "elegant" night.

The only requirement is a shirt with a collar.

DH has worn black jeans and black leather sneakers with a collared shirt.

Now he wears light blue slacks and a collared shirt with white leather sneakers.

I wear a nice dress and heels or black slacks with a glam top.

You do not have to eat at the buffet !!

They do not serve anything special there.

Can women wear "flip flips" on regular nights in the buffet and MDR?

I have a past injury and I am super uncomfortable wearing heels sometimes...it hurts!

I too have suffered from a broken leg and ankle and don't enjoy wearing heels any longer. I usually wear my metallic Jack Rogers with my dress as I feel they are dressy enough under the circumstances. Just wear what is comfortable for you and don't worry about what others do or think. It's your vacation after all [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please do not let a notion of dressing up stop you from the dining room experience. I can pack for a 5 day cruise in two standard carry on's for my husband and I. Key is to pack nice pants and polo's or short sleeve button ups for the guy and a nice sun dress or such for you, or even nice capris and a shirt with some cute sandals. The expectation of dressing to the 9's is long gone.

However, it is always a pleasure to do so if you want to. On longer cruises we pack dresser for the 2 cruise elegant nights since I have to check on bag.

I personally think the dining room experience is a large part of what I have paid for in my cruise and fully enjoy taking part in it as often as possible. Food on the buffet is never as good as in the dining room.

We always like to dress nice, but concerning footware..........After a long walking tour and swollen blistered feet, I showed up in the MDR wearing a nice sun dress and penguin slippers, yes, those big clunky soft ones!! I wore them a lot to rest my feet. It was a 48 day cruise. Everyone thought they were cute!

Can women wear "flip flips" on regular nights in the buffet and MDR?

I have a past injury and I am super uncomfortable wearing heels sometimes...it hurts!

I cannot wear heels, either, and have not for years! I do not wear flip flops, but I do wear sandals to MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would not say you can wear "anything," on formal nights I have on many occasions seen them inforce the No short rule, etc. Again long pants for a man with a polo or short sleeve type button up, and capris/skirt/sundress for woman are OK.

Other nights in dining room nice shorts and a shirt are OK

NO one will make you wear heels!!

Wear whatever shoes make you comfortable!!

Yes, they might have prime rib carved on the Lido buffet but I'd not skip the MDR to get it there since you do NOT have to really dress up.

Some folks do go all out for pix with their families but it is not a rule that you must follow!

I guess hospital scrubs and prison convict attire are completely out of the question. Although there is a television show called "Orange Is The New Black". Wear something you would wear for a special night with your loved ones such as you would wear at weddings, funerals, awards ceremonies, etc. and you normally won't go wrong.

I guess hospital scrubs and prison convict attire are completely out of the question. Although there is a television show called "Orange Is The New Black". Wear something you would wear for a special night with your loved ones such as you would wear at weddings, funerals, awards ceremonies, etc. and you normally won't go wrong.

I will either be wearing prison scrubs or hospital scrubs to dinner on our Halloween cruise...

I will either be wearing prison scrubs or hospital scrubs to dinner on our Halloween cruise...

Anything goes on Halloween night. We went to the steakhouse on Halloween night and the table of twenty-somethings (maybe 30?) next to us were dressed in costume, it was not at all formal.

They do have Prime Rib on elegant evening. You have to go to the guy to get it and he carves it off the roast. This is from last month on Conquest.

060d31efc73e4f96315da562dfe4c885.jpg

Yep. Same menu I had on Triumph a couple weeks ago. Tried a little bit of everything. Prime rib. Ravioli. Stuffed mushroom. Sea bass. :)