P&O Adonia to become Azamara Pursuit from March 2018

P&O UK have announced that Adonia will be leaving their fleet on March, 2018. Royal Caribbean announced their new ship Azamara Pursuit.

This is particularly sad for the Aussies booked on this ship after March, 2018. This is another example why Aussies have to be very careful booking cruises a long way ahead, as our travel plans usually include long haul flights, land travel, accommodation, etc.

This is good news for those who enjoy the Azamara brand increasing their ships from two to three.

Sorry your cruises have been cancelled Uncle Les NSWP and Tassie Traveller. I was looking at these cruises myself, as they had great itineraries.

Edited by MMDown Under

I just find it so offensive that the lines are allowed to sell a cruise then cancell it.

Sure because of weather conditions or break downs, but ohhh we got a better offer to either charter the whole ship, or to buy the ship, just not good enough in my opinion.

I just find it so offensive that the lines are allowed to sell a cruise then cancell it.

Sure because of weather conditions or break downs, but ohhh we got a better offer to either charter the whole ship, or to buy the ship, just not good enough in my opinion.

I agree. I believe, in those circumstances, they should have to refund to passengers all payments made in relation to the cancelled cruise, such as flights, accommodation, etc.

As this is becoming a more frequent occurrence, the cruise industry will loose trust.

Whether cynical or wise, I can't help wondering whether cruise lines continue to spin that a ship is not being sold to hold on to the substantial cruise deposits already made for cancelled bookings. One passenger on a now cancelled cruise said she had paid 1500 pound deposit in May.

What I don't like about what has happened is because P&O UK was very recently denying it.

I was also booked for an Adonia cruise about June 2018 but cancelled when we received an email from Princess for a cruise at a really good price. I am still booked on a P&O UK cruise to Norway on Azura.

I agree, if I had booked my flights, I would not be happy with P&O UK. I am also paying extra for seats which are is not refundable in the cases of flight cancellation. So glad I found the better offer and it saved me the stress of wondering if the rumours of Adonia going from the fleet were true or not.

The ship is reaching the stage where it will need a major refit . P&O have shown over the years that they are not prepared to spend money in upgrades, which is a pity as both Oceania and Azamara , who have upgraded their vessels , have been very successful in providing a boutique style of cruising,

Heres an article from Sea Trade..

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/azamara-expands-by-acquiring-a-third-ship.html

Azamara Club Cruises has entered into an agreement to purchase a sister ship to Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, with delivery set for March 2018. Currently sailing as Adonia for P&O Cruises, it will be renamed Azamara Pursuit.

'We are pleased to expand our portfolio by 50%, allowing us to visit even more regions of the world through the acquisition of this sister ship,' said Larry Pimentel, president and CEO. 'Our loyal guests and travel partners have asked for this expansion for a long time; we are very pleased to deliver this to them.'

Like Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey, Adonia was built as an 'R' ship for Renaissance Cruises. It previously sailed for Carnival Corp. & plc's Fathom before returning to the P&O fleet in the spring.

Together, the three ships will support Azamara's commitment to destination immersion and longer stays in port.

Adonia's décor will be updated to match the Azamara upmarket brand positioning. These updates will be similar to the renovations recently introduced on Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, bringing passengers the experience of a boutique hotel at sea.

Deployment and itineraries will be available in October.

What I don't like about what has happened is because P&O UK was very recently denying it.

I was also booked for an Adonia cruise about June 2018 but cancelled when we received an email from Princess for a cruise at a really good price. I am still booked on a P&O UK cruise to Norway on Azura.

I agree, if I had booked my flights, I would not be happy with P&O UK. I am also paying extra for seats which are is not refundable in the cases of flight cancellation. So glad I found the better offer and it saved me the stress of wondering if the rumours of Adonia going from the fleet were true or not.

Glad you were able to cancel your June Adonia cruise and rebook on Princess at a good price. I changed my practice of booking ahead when I realised that most of my bookings were unrefundable, because the prices are so much cheaper, which allows me to travel more often.

I still book unrefundable fares in Australia, but the risks are not high financially. I recently tried to rebook a flight from Sydney to Brisbane. The rebooked flight was more than the cost of the original ticket, so more than double the cost, so I just booked a flight on another airline at a low price. The cost of travelling overseas is another matter altogether!

P&O UK have announced that Adonia will be leaving their fleet on March, 2018. Royal Caribbean announced their new ship Azamara Pursuit.

This is particularly sad for the Aussies booked on this ship after March, 2018. This is another example why Aussies have to be very careful booking cruises a long way ahead, as our travel plans usually include long haul flights, land travel, accommodation, etc.

This is good news for those who enjoy the Azamara brand increasing their ships from two to three.

Sorry your cruises have been cancelled Uncle Les NSWP and Tassie Traveller. I was looking at these cruises myself, as they had great itineraries.

Is this fair dinkum, only got confirmation of sailing the other day, booked and deposited 10% on 2 Adonia cruises next year. I have not got a notification. Booked my flights and all. :evilsmile: Hope we don't get hit with a cancellation fee from the agents as I could not book direct with P&O UK. Better ring my T/A right now.

To say I am cranky is an understatement.

But glad to see Azamara growing, maybe we will get a few Sydney round trips.

Don't be happy about Azamara mate, I am GUTted, pardon the pun.:evilsmile:

Buckleys chance of getting our 10K back for two return business airfares.:evilsmile:

I am going anyway, just replaced the first cancelled Adonia one with Sapphire Princess - Baltic Heritage. So now have to work out some other fill ins.:evilsmile:

By jove, I need a double scotch and some meat pie Pringles, fast.:loudcry:

I think my new sinking ship signature is appropriate, Adonia sinks beneath the waves.

Rassa, 4 days ago I got notice of confirmation of sailing of Adonia D812/813, June 3 and 19 next year. How wrong they were. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing at P&O UK. No more of that for me. Anyway just replaced first Adonia cruise with Sapphire Princess - Baltic Heritage.:halo:

Buckleys chance of getting our 10K back for two return business airfares.:evilsmile:

I am going anyway, just replaced the first cancelled Adonia one with Sapphire Princess - Baltic Heritage. So now have to work out some other fill ins.:evilsmile:

I think my new sinking ship signature is appropriate, Adonia sinks beneath the waves.

Commiserations!

You might like to check out Fred.Olsen, which has small ships and interesting itineraries.

I'm sure you are Uncle Les, a real bugger, and I doubt they'll do any Syd-Syd anyway.

It's just so wrong.

I'm sure you are Uncle Les, a real bugger, and I doubt they'll do any Syd-Syd anyway.

It's just so wrong.

You never know. A positive may come out of this negative. I think it would be a real smart move for Azamara to do a Sydney to Sydney cruise, as there is a niche market for a small boutique ship just waiting. Just don't cruise to NZ. Not that we don't love NZ, but we like more cruising choices like exotic off the beaten path South Pacific Islands, PNG, Northern Australia during our winter, etc.

It is always a shock when this happens and some people will always lose out while others may get a bonus out of it.

That is a little bit of understatement. All passengers who are currently booked on Adonia after March, 2018 lose out. Cancellation of their cruises is such a disappointment, I can't see any bonus for them.

G'day again my CC friends. Well after a day on the puter, getting over Adonia sale/cancellation of cruises. Now booked in Sapphire Princess - Baltic Heritage and Royal Princess - British Isles, including Ireland and Sctoland. in lieu. Not as good as what I had booked before but at list nearly filled in the void.

Thanks for your commiserations, sympathy, suggestions and comments. Great cruise fraternity on here.

That is a little bit of understatement. All passengers who are currently booked on Adonia after March, 2018 lose out. Cancellation of their cruises is such a disappointment, I can't see any bonus for them.

Some times they will offer OBC and discount with a move to another cruise with similar timing. I suppose it all depends on each persons situation.

G'day again my CC friends. Well after a day on the puter, getting over Adonia sale/cancellation of cruises. Now booked in Sapphire Princess - Baltic Heritage and Royal Princess - British Isles, including Ireland and Sctoland. in lieu. Not as good as what I had booked before but at list nearly filled in the void.

Thanks for your commiserations, sympathy, suggestions and comments. Great cruise fraternity on here.

Glad you were able to find something to fit, definitely follow up with P&O to make sure they compensate for any out of pocket expenses due to the cancellation (change fees on any flights etc.)

We love Azamara and are pleased there will be a third ship. Especially as it will be refurbished to the current decor. Nevertheless it should be an offence to sell a cruise when the Company well knows the ship is being sold. Negotiations didn't suddenly take place last week. P&O UK should have to foot the bill for costs incurred in changing to a new itinerary, like extra hotel nights or flight changes. Yep, last minute cruises only are in our future. Carol

All sorted as per my signature Sapphire Princess x 2, Royal Princess x 1.

Thanks people.;p