$42 for Chops Grille on Anthem sail Jan. 28th

nelblu

We did Wonderland and Jamie's with the BOGO on Harmony. The wife was a bigger fan of Wonderland than I even though she doesn't eat a crumb of sea food. The waiter was a little taken aback but he managed to produce a meal she enjoyed. I thought it was more gimmicky than good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We just returned from Anthem on Sat and purchased the BOGO for the first 2 nights for $60. We ate at Jamie's and Chops for $60 vs $154.

$60 is a very good price for 2 restaurants.

Also, not sure if my math or yours is wrong, not to be picky. 1/2 of $154= $77.:D My Jan. Anthem cruise planner shows $42 & $35 respectively for Chops/Jamie's for a total of $77 for the D+ BOGO coupon. Unless in your case it was $35 & $25 respectively.

$60 is a very good price for 2 restaurants.

Also, not sure if my math or yours is wrong, not to be picky. 1/2 of $154= $77.:D My Jan. Anthem cruise planner shows $42 & $35 respectively for Chops/Jamie's for a total of $77 for the D+ BOGO coupon. Unless in your case it was $35 & $25 respectively.

I didn't use my D+ BOGO because it would have been $77; however, my cruise planner had a better BOGO offer for $60. In the planner, you select the time of dining and RCCL selects the first night's restaurant and once onboard you can change it and then you select the 2nd night's restaurant.

I just took a look at my April 2018 Oasis sailing and it doesn't offer the 2 night $60 BOGO, but a $15 "First Night Done RIght" offer so I guess each sailing has different specialty dining offers.

Edited by shirazcruiser

Are you saying the a la carte prices for the same items are less expensive at lunch?

No, just tepanyaki. Here is the food for 5 people.

b8d210f4201f8d005effcca05fd8708b.jpg

All the scallops are mine, all the shrimp is Laura's. The lobster is half mine, the fillet belongs to 3, the chicken is for 2, and the strip is for one.

Should have only been one strip, when they put 2 down one of the ladies said she was supposed to have filet. So they added another filet. Needless to say we had a ton of leftovers.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Last week on Liberty, we ate at Chops .. probably for the last time. We can remember when the upcharge was $10 or so, and it was truly special. Now it is $35, and with the exception of the steak itself, all the other food was no different from MDR or Windjammer. I have never seen such a puny baked potato in all my life .. and they claim it is for two? Our table for two was in a line of tables for two spaced not much further apart than MDR. Oh, and it really set me off that the premium food items on the menu had an upcharge on top of the upcharge.

Last couple of cruises we had the 5 night dinning for 105 per, normally split those dinners between Chops and Giovanni's so comes out to 21 per meal , most cruises prefer Giovanni's but on some ships prefer Chops . I think that's a good price for the money

As long as folks keep paying those prices, they will keep going up and up....once folks decide not to partake, the prices will drop.

Yes! We were underwhelmed when we ate at Chops on Oasis (friends treated us). We did not get better service than in MDR, and food not any better. We enjoy the MDR & find the upsells for specialty restos annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carol,

I was on AL b2b 9/03 and 9/10 and they did not allow FNDR at the top venues, only Sabor, Giovanni's, and Johnny Rockets. When I learned that, I cancelled and my $ was refunded. Later I heard that you could use FNDR with an upcharge based on the difference between what you wanted and what they allowed, but I didn't follow up on that so I don't know the details.

That stinks. :(

Actually have rib eye on Oasis. But, it was a disappointment.

Lunch at Izumi is identical to dinner, but $10 less. Go figure

John, curious to what the issue was with the rib eye? We have dinner booked at Chops for Saturday.

EDIT: to add the prices are outrageous. If it wasn't included in our cabin we would not be going, well except to use our bogo.

John, curious to what the issue was with the rib eye? We have dinner booked at Chops for Saturday.

EDIT: to add the prices are outrageous. If it wasn't included in our cabin we would not be going, well except to use our bogo.

It was a bone in rib eye, med rare was spot on, but a bad cut of beef. Lots of gristle. Plus mashed potatoes were cold. Waiter was indifferent. Told her to try a dessert. [emoji33]

They let her use the half price offer, which is good for a solo.

It was a bone in rib eye, med rare was spot on, but a bad cut of beef. Lots of gristle. Plus mashed potatoes were cold. Waiter was indifferent. Told her to try a dessert. [emoji33]

They let her use the half price offer, which is good for a solo.

That is unfortunate. Gristle is never fun and followed by the try a dessert response.:rolleyes:

We have a local steak house where the NY Strip is the best due to their spices and the filet is a very close second. With Chops the Filet is typically the best but has little flavor. Yes there are the sauces but I wish they could use what I call a "Keg Spice" prior to cooking. I know why they don't, as some people don't like spices and the sauces are an easier way to add flavor after cooking.

Thanks for the feed back.

Edit: a bad cut is still a bad cut with sauce or spices.

To me it seems they are pricing the individual specialty dining so high that the 3, 4, 5 night packages, ultimate package and the deluxe beverage with ultimate package are the way people go.

What are the prices for the filet in the MDR? Is still sub $20? That now seems the way to go if you want Chops without having the full Chops experience.

To me it seems they are pricing the individual specialty dining so high that the 3, 4, 5 night packages, ultimate package and the deluxe beverage with ultimate package are the way people go.

What are the prices for the filet in the MDR? Is still sub $20? That now seems the way to go if you want Chops without having the full Chops experience.

Yes, last I saw it was $17.

Yes, that is typical on land, but the chef and waiter both said it was the same portions.

Is the Chops Lunch menu the same as dinner?

John, can you confirm the following:

On the Brilliance Aug. 29th they took away the French onion which I loved and replaced with non tasting mushroom soup.

When I complained, our waiter said that they added the NY strip steak which was an up-charge, but now is part of the regular menu.

Ps: I did love the ice cream sundae in a waffle cup/cone. It was outstanding.

I didn't use my D+ BOGO because it would have been $77; however, my cruise planner had a better BOGO offer for $60. In the planner, you select the time of dining and RCCL selects the first night's restaurant and once onboard you can change it and then you select the 2nd night's restaurant.

I just took a look at my April 2018 Oasis sailing and it doesn't offer the 2 night $60 BOGO, but a $15 "First Night Done RIght" offer so I guess each sailing has different specialty dining offers.

Really. How many of these dining promos do they have. It's getting to be larger than the Cowboy's play book.:')

John, can you confirm the following:

On the Brilliance Aug. 29th they took away the French onion which I loved and replaced with non tasting mushroom soup.

When I complained, our waiter said that they added the NY strip steak which was an up-charge, but now is part of the regular menu.

Ps: I did love the ice cream sundae in a waffle cup/cone. It was outstanding.

Not sure, but I seem to recall seeing French onion soup. It may have been at officers lunch with guests that have over 340 points

Really. How many of these dining promos do they have. It's getting to be larger than the Cowboy's play book.:')

The roving wait staff often offer discounts for individual venues. We got 20% off Izumi. I think I've seen them offer 30% as well

Never hurts to listen or ask