Azamara Pursuit Dream Team

procter

Time to have some fun on speculation for new "Dream Team"

Not sure how to create a poll for this but maybe Bonnie could do it?

1: Captain

Johannes obviously but I am sure he would not want to move.

My suggestion

Dario Staff Captain on Quest

2 : Hotel Manager

Heike and Alex

Obviously to set the tone for first 6 months then Thomas F & B on Quest who is currently to be acting Hotel Manager I believe.

3: Tony Markey or Russ Grieve

Eric will never move.

4: Adel as restaurant manager on his return

5:: Dale as barman

Let the fun begin

I think all the officers and crew on both ships are fantastic and I'm sure Pursuit will have a mix of senior crew from each ship to ease any new crew members iinto the "Azamara way" of doing things. Personally, I don't think Captains Carl or Johannes would want to permanently leave Quest or Journey but maybe this is an opportunity for Captains Magnus or Jose to be senior on their own ship? Or Staff Captain Dario would be a great Captain for Pursuit.

However, I really hope that Ryzhard and Tony M are an automatic choice for HD and CD. They both really deserve it. The lovely Laze for F&B Manager? We all have our favourites I'm sure.

What is so good is that we will all have three great Azamara ships to choose from next year.

I agree totally.

My guess Jose moves with Dario to Pursuits Carl mentors a second captain on Quest. Heike has indicated she is not going to Pursuits. I would expect some new hires for Cruise Directors

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As someone pointed out in another thread, having one new ship does present scheduling problems for staffing the 4-months-on-2-months-off positions like hotel and cruise director. For captains it's easy (3-months-on-3-months off) as a year splits evenly between the two--six months on duty for each.

Regent has borrowed general managers (its title for hotel directors) and cruise directors from Oceania when they had three ships. Wonder if Azamara would do that with Celebrity. Or maybe they'd just elevate someone temporarily to fill in when the "regular" goes on vacation. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Took awhile to find a captain suitable for Azamara when Jason left. Finding two for Pursuit could be a challenge. Azamara captains are not the usual. Regardless of how current players might be shuffled around, two new captains will be needed.

All these suggestions are interesting and of course Cruise Critic discussion is encouraged, but how many people run a cruise ship company for a job? I feel at the end of the day there will be decisions made by the best people in the industry, rightly experienced and informed and they mightn't make sense to us. That's all I'm saying on the topic as I know by the nature of Azamara they will richly reward their hard workers. I'll leave the logistics to Larry and his capable team. Currently two ships, different personalities and I can only find positives in people that fill most of these positions I can roll with however it pans out, I'm just happy there's another ship and expanded itineraries. Roll on 2018!

Captain José wrote on Facebook: “I will stay on Quest. As per tradition, the new ship will go to the Senior Captain of the fleet.”

I think that would be Carl Smith?

He also wrote: “Pursuit will go to South America.”

Winter 2018/2019 in South America and summer 2019 in the Med, given that Quest is in Alaska?

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Captain José wrote on Facebook: “I will stay on Quest. As per tradition, the new ship will go to the Senior Captain of the fleet.”

Winter 2018/2019 in South America and summer 2019 in the Med, given that Quest is in Alaska?

Floris

You could be right, Captain Carl used to be Staff Captain on Minerva II aka Adonia now to be Azamara Pursuit.

Surprised at South America but have also heard this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Floris

I missed this by Jose, but I did read Johaness is not moving. I doubt you could get Eric to leave either. The dream team been together for at least eight years.

Floris

Very interesting if true. It certainly makes sense for an experienced captain to steer the new addition to the fleet.

It's just lovely that we are able to have these discussions. We've wanted a 3rd ship for so long

All Azamara teams are dream teams. Whoever is leading on each ship will create great teams around them. There is no one dream!

That is my philosophy too. I'm afraid I am not one who likes the "Quest is best" tagline. It's meaningless and now a lot of the crew swap it's irrelevant anyway. I never did find a word to rhyme with Journey, but maybe only a Master with a beard on the new ship. Pursuit is hirsute? Lol

Phil

I rather like the fact that some senior staff and some crew move from ship to ship at the moment. For me, it reinforces 'Azamara' as a brand so that all my cruises blend into 'Azamara experiences' and I would struggle to remember which, or how many, were on each ship.

Perhaps it's different if you cruise more (currently completed 8 in 6 years).

I rather like the fact that some senior staff and some crew move from ship to ship at the moment. For me, it reinforces 'Azamara' as a brand so that all my cruises blend into 'Azamara experiences' and I would struggle to remember which, or how many, were on each ship.

Perhaps it's different if you cruise more (currently completed 8 in 6 years).

Although I sail a little more often than you I totally agree it's the brand I love. Some posters here hype up staff combinations based on their own preferences. Just ignore posts that say it's only good with A B and C. Actually it's good with D K and Z or whoever

That is my philosophy too. I'm afraid I am not one who likes the "Quest is best" tagline. It's meaningless and now a lot of the crew swap it's irrelevant anyway. I never did find a word to rhyme with Journey, but maybe only a Master with a beard on the new ship. Pursuit is hirsute? Lol

Phil

Journey no gurney?:eek:

Crew swap was a great idea.

Although I sail a little more often than you I totally agree it's the brand I love. Some posters here hype up staff combinations based on their own preferences. Just ignore posts that say it's only good with A B and C. Actually it's good with D K and Z or whoever

Oh no. I don’t like D or K or Z at all.:D

Phil

Oh no. I don’t like D or K or Z at all.:D

Phil

I'm not that keen on V, Q and F either! 😄 :evilsmile:

In all seriousness though, I think most people love all the Azamara crews and ships but they do have a little soft spot for the Azamara ship they cruised on first. It's a bit like remembering your first love....you may have moved on, met other people and fallen in love again but that first love is always there.

In all seriousness though, I think most people love all the Azamara crews and ships but they do have a little soft spot for the Azamara ship they cruised on first. It's a bit like remembering your first love....you may have moved on, met other people and fallen in love again but that first love is always there.

I like the above statement. i know 5 captains but had the same 3 HD and CD. Not sure how many F&B anymore. They are all good. my first cruise was Cmas on JR. I finally will do Cmas on JR again next year. Not better just a great memory.

I think that it is true that your first ship is your favourite... at least it is for us.

Our first ( and second,third, fourth, fifth .....) cruise(s) on Azamara was/ were on Quest and so, even now, nine years later we have a "soft spot" for Quest and her crew.

When Azamara first started they recruited many of "the best" from Celebrity.. some remain but some (Niyazi, Vlado, Victor and many more have left or returned to X).

Celebrity surely have many officers and crew who would be perfect for Azamara.

We have only once "defected" to X ( last Autumn/Fall) but came across many crew members and officers who (we believe) would be an ideal fit for ACC.

We are thinking of, for example, Dilip ( sp?) bars' manager and Soltan ( bar tender/ server) both on Silhouette.

My point is that Azamara have a wealth of talent to choose from when manning Pursuit.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Phil

Journey is a tricky word for which to find a nice rhyme . . . however . . . you cannot deter me, my first love is the Journey :D