No more customs form?

CoconutOne

Disembarked in Port Canaveral this past Saturday. No customs forms. Did self walk off and handed the agent our three passports. He handed them right back and said “Welcome Home. Have a nice day!”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off Reflection in Port Everglades. There were no forms to fill out, paper or electronic. We were in the last group to leave the ship, sat in Cafe Al Baccio and watched the lines move very quickly. There was an explanation in the Daily, that if you did not go over your allowable amount of duty free merchandise, you didn't have to fill out customs forms. I believe the limit was $800 each for U.S. citizens. Inside the terminal, the agent checked our passports and sent us on our way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I’m so glad I found this thread because I could not figure out why we didn’t have to fill out a paper and we’re not given a paper when we disembarked from the Celebrity beyond on November 4 of this year. There also was nothing in the daily at all about limits or anything. They don’t even look at your passport;  they  just said that the camera used facial recognition….???

On 11/28/2017 at 1:37 PM, Tiggertastic said:

Custom forms had gone end of September in Miami and we were questioned and had to go through full finger printing and immigration

Sent from my iPad 

Procedure is different for non US passport holders.  Fast and stillususlly easy.  US gets the same entering the UK.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

21 minutes ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

I’m so glad I found this thread because I could not figure out why we didn’t have to fill out a paper and we’re not given a paper when we disembarked from the Celebrity beyond on November 4 of this year. There also was nothing in the daily at all about limits or anything. They don’t even look at your passport;  they  just said that the camera used facial recognition….???

You do realize this thread is 4 years old!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

Yes but what im saying is I googled my question and found this thread and therefore didn’t have to start a new thread to find out what was going on! I hadn’t cruised for about 5 years so didn’t know it had changed. 

Don't stress it. There are people here who complain if you don't search - OR if you search! You can't win!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flew LHR to SFO, UK citizen, was in the hotel in Milbrae inside of an hour of the plane landing at SFO 😲

Never would have believed that possible through a US airport.

No forms, short queues, great Immigration staff.

The world’s gone weird……😀

24 minutes ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

Just for future why is it a faux pas (apparently ) to respond to an old thread if i am confirming it’s still pertinent and glad to see when it changed. As well as stated I wasn’t aware. So even though it’s old it provided me with info I wanted. Just wondering…

Some posters will end up reading the whole thread, not just your latest post, and respond to questions that are years old. Sometimes you'll see these called "zombie" threads because they're raised from the dead.

• Thanks 1