Canceling cruise penalty.

beaniele

I have tried searching but just had a question. I am booked on Miami to Montreal, leaving Miami on April 22, 2018. I am probably going to have to cancel and asked my TA what, if any penalties I might incur. She said I would lose $1000+. But when I look at the invoice I got from Oceania, I booked on line before handing to my TA, is says if 181 days or more 0 money due. All money refunded. Oct 24th to Nov 22, 2017 $250/person.

I am very confused. I have sent an email to my TA telling her this but I am beginning to wonder about her information. She sent an email saying their final payment date and penalty dates are different and depending on length of cruise the dates can change from 190/120/90 days prior. Not what my original invoice states. I am very confused. I have canceled Oceania cruises before and always before penalty date. I have tried to research to find this information and can not find.

I have sent Oceania an email asking, but not sure when I might hear back and wondered if anyone has had any idea if what my TA told me is true????

Personally, I am going by my original invoice I received when I booked on line.

Did your TA send you a different cancellation schedule?

by my rough calculations you have until Oct 14th if the TA evokes the 190 day payment route

sounds a little sketchy to me

North America. I think something fishy going on. I hope I hear from Oceania. I told my TA about Oceania invoice and dates, etc, that do not match her information at all! Have not heard back from her[emoji54].

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

North America. I think something fishy going on. I hope I hear from Oceania. I told my TA about Oceania invoice and dates, etc, that do not match her information at all! Have not heard back from her[emoji54].

I agree it does sound fishy

I would ask for her manager/supervisor if you do not get an answer soon

Very fishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes indeed. The difference might just be TA fees and penalties that have nothing to do with the O refund policy. Have to be careful as have heard of TA's who apply their own penalties and due dates in addition to O's. Also have to be careful of TA's who want you to pay them and later they pay the cruise line. Most TA's have the cruise line charge your credit card directly. Those to be concerned about are those who charge your card themselves and then pay the cruise line at a later date.

Final payment and cancellation fees seem to be different. From O's site.

What is your cancellation and refund policy?

All cancellations must be in writing and received by Oceania Cruises no later than the day before cancellation penalties are to be assessed. Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise or air component purchased from Oceania Cruises, excluding optional facilities and services fees. Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket/Contract for fees relating to the cancellation of optional facilities and services. The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure. Include Cancellation breakdown for cruises 14 days or less and 15 days or more.

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure.

Cruises 14 days or Less:

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

91-120 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

For Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites, the administrative fee for 91-120 days prior to sailing is 10% of the fare.

Cruises 15 days or more except 180-Day Voyages:

151-180 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

For Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites, the administrative fee for 151-180 days prior to sailing is 10% of the fare.

180-Day Voyages

Deposit-181 Days Prior - $250 per guest

151-180 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

121-150 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

91-120 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-90 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

For Owner's and Vista Suites, the administrative fee for Deposit-181 days prior to sailing is 10% of the fare.

Packages & Amenities - Cancellation Amount

• Pre- and post-cruise hotel packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Pre- and post-cruise land packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Overland packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Shore excursions within 36 hours prior to the shore excursion - 100% of fee
  • Shore excursion packages on or after embarkation - 100% of fee
  • Private transfers within 36 hours of departure - 100% of fee
  • Executive Collection - private cars & vans within 36 hours of departure - 100% of fee
  • Visa packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Airfare once ticketed (beginning 60 days prior to departure) - 100% of fare
  • Custom air fee once accepted - 100% of fee
  • Air supplemental fee within 60 days - 100% of fee
  • La Reserve by Wine Spectator or Privée reservations or Culinary Center classes within 36 hours of scheduled reservation or class - 100% of fee

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of date of issue.

Final payment and cancellation fees seem to be different. From O's site.

What is your cancellation and refund policy?

All cancellations must be in writing and received by Oceania Cruises no later than the day before cancellation penalties are to be assessed. Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise or air component purchased from Oceania Cruises, excluding optional facilities and services fees. Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket/Contract for fees relating to the cancellation of optional facilities and services. The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure. Include Cancellation breakdown for cruises 14 days or less and 15 days or more.

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure.

Cruises 14 days or Less:

91-120 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

For Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites, the administrative fee for 91-120 days prior to sailing is 10% of the fare.

Cruises 15 days or more except 180-Day Voyages:

151-180 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

For Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites, the administrative fee for 151-180 days prior to sailing is 10% of the fare.

180-Day Voyages

Deposit-181 Days Prior - $250 per guest

151-180 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

121-150 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

91-120 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-90 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

For Owner's and Vista Suites, the administrative fee for Deposit-181 days prior to sailing is 10% of the fare.

Packages & Amenities - Cancellation Amount

• Pre- and post-cruise hotel packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Pre- and post-cruise land packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Overland packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Shore excursions within 36 hours prior to the shore excursion - 100% of fee
  • Shore excursion packages on or after embarkation - 100% of fee
  • Private transfers within 36 hours of departure - 100% of fee
  • Executive Collection - private cars & vans within 36 hours of departure - 100% of fee
  • Visa packages within 60 days prior to departure - 100% of fee
  • Airfare once ticketed (beginning 60 days prior to departure) - 100% of fare
  • Custom air fee once accepted - 100% of fee
  • Air supplemental fee within 60 days - 100% of fee
  • La Reserve by Wine Spectator or Privée reservations or Culinary Center classes within 36 hours of scheduled reservation or class - 100% of fee

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of date of issue.

Old news, believe they are ALWAYS different.