Concierge Class Pre-Departure Lounge

jryan110

We’ve booked a Concierge Class Cabin for the first time and I’m curious what the pre-departure lounge is all about. If you’ve experienced this, can you tell me what I can expect?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will give you instructions to go to usually one of the specialty restaurants and they will notify you when to leave the ship. This is only at the end of the cruise not at ports.

Every different cabin category or in some cases captains club level such as elite and elite plus are given different places to wait. You have a time to be clear of your cabin on the last morning so you could have an hour or so before that the and your departure time. This spreads people out across the ship and prevents over crowding but there are many people who don't listen, including us. I'd rather be in cafe al baccio so DH can have a decent coffee before the journey home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be clear, this pre-departure lounge refers to a place to wait on the last morning of the cruise -- departure day from the ship. Some people interpret the term "departure lounge " to mean a place to wait on embarkation day but not so, it's disembarkation day. The end of the cruise, not the beginning.

The place ends up like a elevator that is over capacity with more trying to get in while a few are fighting to get out.

The refreshment table ends up being a noro virus breeding spot on steroids.

We have never waited there but made the observation when walking past going to or comming from breakfast.

Best to wait somewhere else but not on the stairways or at the departure exit to get of the ship.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I have always sailed Concierge and love having the luxury of an assigned disembarkation lounge. I have not experienced crowds there and appreciate the coffee/juice/etc. offered by the cruiseline before we depart. I am also looking forward to the new Embarkation Luncheon for Concierge level passengers in the MDR.

The place ends up like a elevator that is over capacity with more trying to get in while a few are fighting to get out.

The refreshment table ends up being a noro virus breeding spot on steroids.

We have never waited there but made the observation when walking past going to or comming from breakfast.

Best to wait somewhere else but not on the stairways or at the departure exit to get of the ship.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I have no idea to what you are referring. We have always enjoyed the non crowded quiet area set apart for concierge class the last morning of the cruise. It is usually in a specialty restaurant (on Eclipse our last cruise it was in Qsine) or bar. We have never experience crowding or noro virus! There is coffer, various juices, fresh fruit and some pastries offered. I have never even passed this area on the way to or from breakfast the last morning of the cruise.

Appreciate coffee and pastries (noro risk is unnecessary overstatement), but it's usually difficult to find seats in assigned area. Degree of overcrowding varies from sailing to sailing based on how many cc's do walk-off, how many choose to instead sit in captains club area and how fast numbers are being called.

I have no idea to what you are referring. We have always enjoyed the non crowded quiet area set apart for concierge class the last morning of the cruise. It is usually in a specialty restaurant (on Eclipse our last cruise it was in Qsine) or bar. We have never experience crowding or noro virus! There is coffer, various juices, fresh fruit and some pastries offered. I have never even passed this area on the way to or from breakfast the last morning of the cruise.

I guess we have been unlucky or arrived late because we tried a couple of times and it was packed with people and nowhere to set. I quit trying years ago to go the same with the elite waiting area. I just go to the pool deck and hang out always quiet and plenty of room. Maybe I will give it another try next cruise.:cool:

We’ve booked a Concierge Class Cabin for the first time and I’m curious what the pre-departure lounge is all about. If you’ve experienced this, can you tell me what I can expect?

Thanks

Since there seems to be some confusion as to the difference between embarking and disembarking and since I've booked concierge cabins on all but 1 of my Celebrity cruises, here's what you can expect both coming and going:

1, On the day you begin your cruise the primary benefit to CC is lunch in the MDR rather than at the buffet, which will be mobbed. There is a limited menu but it will always have a fish, meat and vegetarian entree, starter soup or salad and dessert. You will have to bring your carry on bag into the dining room and depending on how big it is, you can take it with you or leave it in a designated area inside the MDR.

2. On the day you end your cruise you will most likely be assigned to one of the lounges where they will serve coffee and pastry while you wait for your number to be called. I only did this once and it was very comfortable, although I never did find the coffee and pastries. :DI use a wheelchair now to board and disembark the ship so I have a separate place to wait, but one useful piece of information for you that I discovered if you have an early departure is room service for breakfast. Obviously there is no room service the last day BUT there is room service the last night so I always order a cold breakfast delivered to my room around 10 p.m. The milk goes in the fridge and the only thing missing is the coffee, which we either get in the lounge or at the airport, but at least we've had a bowl of cereal and some fruit and a danish before we vacate our cabin.

• Thanks 1

I am also looking forward to the new Embarkation Luncheon for Concierge level passengers in the MDR.

It's basically an abbreviated dinner menu and takes as much time as dinner. Next cruise we plan to skip it. We noticed on our last cruise that not only was the buffet open, but the mast grill and Aqua Spa Cafe were open too, so there really isn't actually a need for this. But, if you enjoy MDR meals, it is a nice place to sit and relax, have your food come to you and not worry about your suitcases.

2. On the day you end your cruise you will most likely be assigned to one of the lounges where they will serve coffee and pastry while you wait for your number to be called. I only did this once and it was very comfortable, although I never did find the coffee and pastries. :DI use a wheelchair now to board and disembark the ship so I have a separate place to wait, but one useful piece of information for you that I discovered if you have an early departure is room service for breakfast. Obviously there is no room service the last day BUT there is room service the last night so I always order a cold breakfast delivered to my room around 10 p.m. The milk goes in the fridge and the only thing missing is the coffee, which we either get in the lounge or at the airport, but at least we've had a bowl of cereal and some fruit and a danish before we vacate our cabin.

That's a really good idea! Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Thanks all, I appreciate the info and clarification. My interpretation was that this was something available pre-boarding at the cruise terminal, however I now understand it’s in reference to disembarkation on the last day.

Thanks again!

Thanks all, I appreciate the info and clarification. My interpretation was that this was something available pre-boarding at the cruise terminal, however I now understand it’s in reference to disembarkation on the last day.

Thanks again!

Actually I've never seen anything in the actual cruise terminal except a cold water dispenser but I've never noticed anything more than that. I think it might slow down the process. I know some folks don't like the luncheon in the MDR, but I'm still going to recommend it. However, in the interest of fairness, I should point out that DH and I would go hungry before we ate in the buffet...not that the food is bad, it isn't and there's certainly plenty of choices...my problem is that I have walking and balance problems and it's really difficult for me to walk around with a plate of food in one hand and a drink in the other while people are pushing and shoving in order to get to a table! I cook and serve 3 meals a day at home....I LIKE sitting down and having someone serve me and I'm usually a little stressed pre-boarding anyway...but that's just me. :D