5 Ships At Nassau at same time....

pal2pluto

We're cruising Pride starting 10/29/17. We've substituted Nassau for Grand Turk. Grand Turk would have been new for us. We've been to Nassau a couple times, but it's been years. I just checked, and including the Pride, it looks like there will be at least 5 ships there (Enchanted, Majesty, Sunshine, Anthem and Pride). I can't imagine that many ships at once!!! Anyone else been there when there have been that many? I'm debating staying on the ship (1st because Nassau isn't a favorite of ours, secondly because of sooooo many people). What are your thoughts???

We're cruising Pride starting 10/29/17. We've substituted Nassau for Grand Turk. Grand Turk would have been new for us. We've been to Nassau a couple times, but it's been years. I just checked, and including the Pride, it looks like there will be at least 5 ships there (Enchanted, Majesty, Sunshine, Anthem and Pride). I can't imagine that many ships at once!!! Anyone else been there when there have been that many? I'm debating staying on the ship (1st because Nassau isn't a favorite of ours, secondly because of sooooo many people). What are your thoughts???

That number of ships are quite common.:loudcry:

Last time we were in Nassau, I was still lounging in bed in morning and hubby went to get coffee and have a smoke. He came back and asked me if I REALLY wanted to get off, I asked why and he said cause there was 6 ships in port :eek:

Since we have been there at least half a dozen times, I said NOPE, and rolled over and went back to sleep for a bit. Got up had a great leisurely breakfast and then we had the whole ship pretty much to ourselves. It was GREAT! Went to the pool, hot tubs, and even rode the water slide a few times! No other guests were there with us at all! In over 25 cruises that was the 1st time I had ever set foot in a pool or hot tub cause I had no desire to get in with so many other people! Finally got to go and had the entire thing to myself.

Then we got to wander around the ship and take some great pics with no one around, then had a great lunch without all the crowds.

HIGHLY recommend it.

We've been to Nassau many times and have seen 5 ships in port. We now get off the ship and walk to Junkanoo Beach where we have lunch where Richard is cooking Jerk chicken wings over a charcoal grill. Wife enjoys a fresh made Pina Colada and I have a cold Kalik (or 2). :)

Another option is to continue past Junkanoo to the Fish Fry area -- several good restaurants.

Last time we were in Nassau, I was still lounging in bed in morning and hubby went to get coffee and have a smoke. He came back and asked me if I REALLY wanted to get off, I asked why and he said cause there was 6 ships in port :eek:

Since we have been there at least half a dozen times, I said NOPE, and rolled over and went back to sleep for a bit. Got up had a great leisurely breakfast and then we had the whole ship pretty much to ourselves. It was GREAT! Went to the pool, hot tubs, and even rode the water slide a few times! No other guests were there with us at all! In over 25 cruises that was the 1st time I had ever set foot in a pool or hot tub cause I had no desire to get in with so many other people! Finally got to go and had the entire thing to myself.

Then we got to wander around the ship and take some great pics with no one around, then had a great lunch without all the crowds.

HIGHLY recommend it.

This sounds delightful!!! The ship could be our private excursion for free! I think we (DH, 18yo son, myself) will enjoy the slides with less wait.

There were about 4 or 5 when I was there Saturday. I can't remember the exact count.
I was there Saturday as well and there were four ships, the Victory, the Disney Dream, an NCL ship, and the Fascination. Did you notice the huge dent on the back of the Disney Dream they were working on? The captain had either backed into something or got rammed.

Very common. Have no idea why so many cruise lines insist on sending ships there

Closest port to Fla. that can accommodate cruise ships would be a good guess. First or last stop from home port. Heck it's probably the least expensive in port fees also.

Closest port to Fla. that can accommodate cruise ships would be a good guess. First or last stop from home port. Heck it's probably the least expensive in port fees also.

I agree. Plus, many other islands/ports cannot accommodate that many ships at once and these ships need to go somewhere.:D