I'm more that P15535 off at Princess!

RetiredNTraveling

This is part of Princess' envirnmental program. You see, every email they send uses just a bit of electricity to make it's way around the web. Every character has a carbon footprint. By not sending these emails, it shows Princess cares about the planet.

Of course, now that I've sent this, I've got to go plant another tree. Actually, this is short, I'll just let a weed grow for a few more days.

Cheers!

After many cruises this little stuff never matters to us. Cruises always have entertainment, a CD, a Captain and all the staff. Never pay too much attention to who they are until we board. Some are good, some not so good. If you enjoy sea days you will enjoy this cruise. We took it a few years ago and enjoyed it. One thing we did find out, toward the end the CD staff ran out of activities. Hope your staff does better.

Your post brings to mind a favorite saying of my brother-in-law-------

"If you can't say something nice about someone, then say nothing; or are you too stupid to understand that?"

If the OP followed your BIL’s philosophy, this thread wouldn’t even exist.

See the irony in your attempted call-out?

#micdrop

I am in the group that is not real concerned about the ids of the various officers. No CD or Captain, or ... has ever made my cruise fabulous, but none have made it awful either. We have sailed a lot on Princess, so some of the people are repeats for us. It is nice to see a friendly face, but not a major concern

I would have to agree with the above. Now if the captain could not find the key to the ship at sail away time or if the CD forgot to book the entertainment, I might be concerned!;)

Good Grief, if this is the worse that happens, it should be a pretty good cruise.

I understand different things are important to different people, not getting something you look forward to can be a disappointment, but sometimes we have to pull up our Big Boy pants and make the best of it.

OK, never flamed anyone on a post...BUT...you are totally out of line. Jan S is not the one sending out emails...really....she has more important things to do...to diss her because of this is totally out of line....you could have called 1800PRINCESS at any time and got info. Get real...this is not a life and death situation...get your priorities straight. I would be embarrassed if I was you posting such a rant especially with all that is going on in the world. Seems like you are just concerned about yourself. How very sad.

Just Mike, Let me be the first to congratulate you on a very hilarious thread. I totally agree with you that if they are going to send us e-mails with no information in them they might as well at least include a coupon for a free cookie in the IC. Can I join you for a JD on the rocks in the wheelhouse Bar as we listen to 2Cool Duo on our wonderful 28 day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific while all these responders are left to talk to each other?

My guess is that the OP was stating that in the past, Princess at least gave the appearance of caring about their passengers. Now they give the appearance that they no longer care.

Mike I am so sorry people were so rude to you!

I agree with Mike, the emails are just a small part of the problem and yet you flame him for expressing a thought about the system. Anytime dinning on Princess doesn't work so they created CC mini's which costs more to correct their problem. Chair hogs prevail without being chastised. The new drink package is more expensive and has more limitations because they cannot figure out how to alleviate the cheaters. So yes, flame me but I am cancelling my cruise that sails in 4 days, because of respiratory problems but yet I am glad to not have to deal with these problems anymore. Princess has taken the fun out of cruising for me, IMHO

I went on this cruise two years ago and had a wonderful time. The best information I enjoyed before the cruise was from Cruise Critic. We shared extensive information about the ship, crew, shows and made great plans for activities on board.

I enjoy the limited information from Princess but the experts were passengers that had been on the ship and cruise before. Great group of people and we would get together everyday to share and ask questions.

Wonderful experience!! Have you participated in the roll call?

If the OP followed your BIL’s philosophy, this thread wouldn’t even exist.

See the irony in your attempted call-out?

#micdrop

All of this thread is just proof that there needs to be a special font to use when typing a sarcastic comment so that people recognize an attempt at humor and don't berate the original poster because they took him seriously.

My guess is that the OP was stating that in the past, Princess at least gave the appearance of caring about their passengers. Now they give the appearance that they no longer care.

I think they really care because they don't inundate me with junk mail.

Anytime dinning on Princess doesn't work
works for us just fine, thank you very much.

Wow!! That's a pretty serious vent. I always saw those old emails "from the Captain, MD, CD" etc as just advertising because they wanted you to book tours or buy drink packages or what not. What's the big deal? There was never any real information. I have received emails about itinerary change, etc - things that do matter. My wife received notice of an upsell offer - again an important piece of communication.

I saw the thread topic, opened it up and then read it. Like you - what's the big deal, and as you say the emails were usually just another marketing message dressed up as an email from someone important.

Nothing to see here, moving on.

I am relatively new to Princess only a couple of cruises under my belt. That being said, Who Cares? Such a vent would indicate to me a real problem. Not what the show theme is or who the backup dancers are. God! get a life.

I agree....

eclue

I would never get POed at not receiving emails that are just 'garbage without benefits' ;), didn't tell me anything I didn't already know... and are mainly designed to encourage me to book extras I don't need or want.

It's amazing what upsets some people.

From the thread title, I expected to read something like -

"Princess has downgraded me"... LOL.

Well, I really thank each and every one of you. Your advice has saved me a lot of money. No I'm not cancelling the cruise. I now no longer require Hemorrhoid Surgery that the Proctologist recommended, as I got just what I was expecting to get.

As for canceling the cruise, do you think that I would cancel a cruise that I have been waiting to go on for past 4 years? Not hardly and in addition, I have never been on any cruise that was ever a disappointment! And have never complained about anything, well except for the smokers in the cabin directly fore of us and the two of them smoked like chimneys!

But since our very active Roll Call is drawing to an end, well, I was just getting a little bored and thought that I needed some Tabasco in my life, so you are the unlucky victims today!

As those from our Roll Call can tell, th?id=OIP.q2vy0zIMYipX9RW1weZc_gEgEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300 and of course they can confirm it!

Now that I have you . . .83412928.gif under my control.

Watch out for that cloud! daffy-duck27-33127.gif

Hope you forgive me, but in case you don't, I will be on a Cruise of a Lifetime for this Flat Land Hillbilly!

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Just Mike