Dining on Harmony

This time we are going to do some specialty dining. Any suggestions as to what places are good and we should do and which ones are so so? Also does Royal do any packages like 2 or 3 dining’s for a special price? Can’t find the prices to the any speciality dining or any sample menus.

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Nelsonbrandyl&date=5-26-2018&text=&ship=Harmony%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Carnival Sunshine 2/9/2014

RC Liberty of the seas 9/18/2016

RC Harmony of the seas 5/26/2018

Wonderland is a must

150 central park is a must

I liked Jaime's a lot, but it's got mixed reviews

Royal has plenty of dining promotions - some of the best one you can get onboard, but run the risk of there being no reservations left

once you pay final payment - go to cruiseplanner and look for the dining promos

This time we are going to do some specialty dining. Any suggestions as to what places are good and we should do and which ones are so so? Also does Royal do any packages like 2 or 3 dining’s for a special price? Can’t find the prices to the any speciality dining or any sample menus.

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Nelsonbrandyl&date=5-26-2018&text=&ship=Harmony%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Wonderland,Chops Grill and 150 Central Park are all excellent.There are deals on line or go to any of the restaurants on board they are always pushing the restaurants but ask for 20-30% discount and even free drinks.

Check out your cruise planner for prices on dining packages. They are usually cheaper to buy before you board. There is no pattern on when things will be available to book in your cruise planner, so start checking occasionally. I have been able to make reservations as early as 120 days prior to sailing, though others have said they have been able to book even earlier than that. You do not have to wait until final payment.

Check out your cruise planner for prices on dining packages. They are usually cheaper to buy before you board. There is no pattern on when things will be available to book in your cruise planner, so start checking occasionally. I have been able to make reservations as early as 120 days prior to sailing, though others have said they have been able to book even earlier than that. You do not have to wait until final payment.

Ok awesome thanks. Everyone thanks for the suggestions. Wonderland is one I was really thinking. How is Sabor the Mexican one?

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

We haven't sailed Harmony yet, though do have it booked. We have been to Sabor on Oasis and Allure and would not go to it again. The food was OK, but was not worth what we paid and service was terrible. We have done Jamie's on Anthem and plan on doing that on Harmony since it is one of our favorites. We are going to give Chops another try too, it used to be our favorite but after a couple of so-so dinners, we stopped going there. Plan on trying again on Anthem next month. Wonderland gets great reviews, if you search this forum, there are lots of pictures of the food. We are finally trying that next month on Anthem, DH finally gave in.:D

We purchased the 5 night package when it went on sale. IMHO, in the future I would rather just do the $30 two night special. The Wonderland is a pretty restaurant with excellent service and a really yummy chocolate dessert, but the rest of the meal was harldly edible. We had to go to the Windjammer afterwards to get something "normal" to eat. We preferred Chops to 150 and Jamies to Isumi. We didn't go to Sabor.

HOTS is a beautiful ship! Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the Harmony in May and all of our cruises we dine every night at specialty restaurants, this is how we analyze the specialty restaurants, we were a party of 7 from ages 25-78, my other half and myself are 54.

Chops- We been finding Chops has gone down hill the past four years, but our experience on the Harmony was the worst Chops experience we ever had...from the service not too good down to getting a steak that was suppose to be medium rare was well done, then they changed my steak and brought me a steak that was pink in the middle but char burnt all on the outside, so I had to cut the outside part to avoid the burn taste....we had other misses and this happened our first night, was booked for a second evening during the cruise, it was so bad we decided to cancel it and go somewhere else to have a meal we enjoy. On the Oasis this month we will go to Chops the first evening, if we like it there, we go a second evening and if not we will cancel the second evening.

150 Central Park excellent! We ate there three evenings on the Harmony and planning on going for 3 evenings on the Oasis.

Jamie's- Not authentic Italian food but American Italian, more like Carabbas and Olive Garden, not real Italian meal other than the antipasto salad was wonderful. Its ore of a fast food chain Italian restaurant, after all, what does Jaimie Oliver who is British know about Italian? We dined here twice on the Harmony and both times were not impressed for the main course, service was excellent but we decided we never go back, done it and had enough.

Sabor- My father in law doesn't like mexican so my other half and I went for lunch, we truly enjoyed it, the guacamole was very fresh and tasty along with all the other dishes we had ordered, only, its now pay one price so for lunch we didn't get much food as we knew we would eat dinner later on, but I would suggest going here if you like mexican type food.

Wonderland- I have to be gluten free my other half sugar free went to the restaurant and asked if they can accommodate us and pretty much they said they couldn't so didn't go here, but know people who say it was fantastic for the experience but left hungry still lol

Vintages- We loved it on the Allure but they seem to take off many dishes and made it more of a wine bar with some tapas so we did not go on the Harmony.

My vote also goes for 150 Central Park as a particularly special restaurant and Wonderland for something completely different (but also pretty tasty food). I enjoyed Sabor but I only had tacos, which I always like (although strangely cheese was not one of the toppings offered). The chips and salsa as a starter were the real highlight of the meal for me (and the beer). My favorite type of food is Italian but I was disappointed with Jamie's--no lasagna and limited pasta options. The best pasta dish (actually, best dish on the cruise) was the lasagna in the Main Dining Room. The Izumi teppanyaki dinner was good tasting and also entertaining; you might want to add that on your list for a fun dinner. Vintages didn't have any food when I was there last week.

My vote also goes for 150 Central Park as a particularly special restaurant and Wonderland for something completely different (but also pretty tasty food). I enjoyed Sabor but I only had tacos, which I always like (although strangely cheese was not one of the toppings offered). The chips and salsa as a starter were the real highlight of the meal for me (and the beer). My favorite type of food is Italian but I was disappointed with Jamie's--no lasagna and limited pasta options. The best pasta dish (actually, best dish on the cruise) was the lasagna in the Main Dining Room. The Izumi teppanyaki dinner was good tasting and also entertaining; you might want to add that on your list for a fun dinner. Vintages didn't have any food when I was there last week.

When they did the tasting menu on Allure in 2015 on 150 Central Park it changed midweek but both menus were absolutely fantastic.

On Harmony in 2016 they did away with the tasting menu because Wonderland took that mantle.

The food was still top notch but we both thought losing the tasting menu took away its USP.

We just sailed Harmony in Sept. and pre-purchased a 3-night specialty restaurant package. We then added a 4th night as a BOGO after we were on board. We dined at:

Wonderland - liked it, but it is a unique experience..

Jamie's- thought it was so-so, wouldn't go back

Chops- had a really good meal

150 Central Park- highlight meal of our cruise (for both food and service)

We were on the Harmony in August. We had excellent service and food at Sabor for lunch. Wonderland was amazing and we are picky eaters. Also a note on Wonderland, my SIL is gluten free and they were great in accommodating her. Chops IMO has really gone down hill in the past two years, particularly the service.

Our two cents; got off Harmony Sept 23rd. We did 4 night package.

Ate at 150 first night; amazing. Watch you don't get filled on the bread & salts. I couldn't finish my meat or touch my dessert. We ordered the beef for 2. Delicious. Took dessert to go.

Night 2: Jamie's Italian. We ate there on Quantum in 2015 and loved it. Enjoyed it on Harmony, but better on Quantum. If you live in an area with good Italian, you can skip this. Limoncello was nice and smooth.

Night 3: Solarium Bistro. Free specialty dining for those who have My Time Dining. Buffet for appetizers, side dishes and desserts, waiter brings your entree. Ate there on Quantum as well; not the same. Not the "healthy" restaurant it is on Quantum.

Night 4: Main Dining Room

Night 5: Main Dining Room

Night 6: Had reservations at Chops; heard mixed opinions from others in our group who had eaten there prior in the week, so switched to 150 CP. Well worth it. I'm from Nebraska and I know a good steak. Wasn't taking chance on Chops. 150 CP did not disappoint the second night, ordered same beef for 2. Hubby ordered every item prepared tableside for this meal, appetizer, entree and dessert. We also loved their signature martini ($15) but worth every penny. We had two this visit. Also made tableside. If you have drink package, you are charged the extra $2 per drink. And gratuity, of course.

Night 7: Wonderland. Fun experience, something to try once. Not sure I'd do it again unless I'm with people who haven't done it before. Let the waiter choose what you get instead of odering off the menu. Portions are small, but they will bring you a lot if you let them or ask for it. Table of 2 next to us got three entrees.

Izumi is on our list of restaurants to try. Many in our group loved Sabor, was told it's better for lunch than dinner, based on the cost.

Would not do the Ultimate Dining Package; many in our group had it and they said it was way too much food. Next 7 night cruise, we'll most likely do 3 night package instead of 4. We have a 12 night cruise coming up in 2018, not sure about that one. Smaller ship with less options.

Our two cents; got off Harmony Sept 23rd. We did 4 night package.

Ate at 150 first night; amazing. Watch you don't get filled on the bread & salts. I couldn't finish my meat or touch my dessert. We ordered the beef for 2. Delicious. Took dessert to go.

Night 2: Jamie's Italian. We ate there on Quantum in 2015 and loved it. Enjoyed it on Harmony, but better on Quantum. If you live in an area with good Italian, you can skip this. Limoncello was nice and smooth.

Night 3: Solarium Bistro. Free specialty dining for those who have My Time Dining. Buffet for appetizers, side dishes and desserts, waiter brings your entree. Ate there on Quantum as well; not the same. Not the "healthy" restaurant it is on Quantum.

Night 4: Main Dining Room

Night 5: Main Dining Room

Night 6: Had reservations at Chops; heard mixed opinions from others in our group who had eaten there prior in the week, so switched to 150 CP. Well worth it. I'm from Nebraska and I know a good steak. Wasn't taking chance on Chops. 150 CP did not disappoint the second night, ordered same beef for 2. Hubby ordered every item prepared tableside for this meal, appetizer, entree and dessert. We also loved their signature martini ($15) but worth every penny. We had two this visit. Also made tableside. If you have drink package, you are charged the extra $2 per drink. And gratuity, of course.

Night 7: Wonderland. Fun experience, something to try once. Not sure I'd do it again unless I'm with people who haven't done it before. Let the waiter choose what you get instead of odering off the menu. Portions are small, but they will bring you a lot if you let them or ask for it. Table of 2 next to us got three entrees.

Izumi is on our list of restaurants to try. Many in our group loved Sabor, was told it's better for lunch than dinner, based on the cost.

Would not do the Ultimate Dining Package; many in our group had it and they said it was way too much food. Next 7 night cruise, we'll most likely do 3 night package instead of 4. We have a 12 night cruise coming up in 2018, not sure about that one. Smaller ship with less options.

On Freedom in June Giovanni's were offering a 3 night package for $75pp.

We had a Philipino waiter every night called Roderick who we asked for after he was our waiter first night because he gave us fantastic customer service.

On Freedom in June Giovanni's were offering a 3 night package for $75pp.

We had a Philipino waiter every night called Roderick who we asked for after he was our waiter first night because he gave us fantastic customer service.

We were on Harmony 3 times last year and Wonderland was best then 150 Central Park and even though we could sit outside of Chops on the Central Park we found the food and service unfortunately average at best.

150 on the Harmony is not a tasting menu, there is a very nice set menu.

It was on Allure in 2015 where they changed the menu midweek and it was fantastic.

On Harmony the restaurant was the same but they just had a standard menu which was nice but Wonderland got the special menu and was better.

Did it ever have a tasting menu? Our first time eating there was a couple weeks ago.

No, we were on the second voyage May26th 2016 then June and then September and no tasting menu as the unusual menu was given to Wonderland which was new and was located where the DL was on Allure.

No, we were on the second voyage May26th 2016 then June and then September and no tasting menu as the unusual menu was given to Wonderland which was new and was located where the DL was on Allure.

We had thought about eating at Wonderland when we were on Quantum in 2015 but it was a little too unusual for our teen boys to enjoy at the time. We enjoyed visiting when we sailed without them a couple weeks ago. I think maybe they'd be interested in trying it now. It was fun to allow the waiter to choose what he brought us instead of just choosing one element to order from.