Upgrades

aalinyc

It is possible after final payment date some cabins will become available as folks cancel and TAs turn in unsold cabins. Good luck!

OP is sailing on the 12/7 Celebrity Constellation. Final Payment was a month ago on 9/8.

Looks to me like there is plenty of double occupancy availability.

Your chances of getting a free upgrade are slim to none; lines have gotten pretty good at managing inventory. If there are more desirable cabins available, you should contact the line and ask about buying an upgrade during the last couple of weeks - we've done that a couple of times - most recently moving from an outside to a verandah on Zuiderdam for $300 per - difference would have been about $1,100 at the time originally booked.

The last thing lines want is to have unsold inventory - but they rarely give them away now because they know people will pay for upgrades.

Just notice on my TA site that my cruise on Celebrity is completely sold out. Do that mean there’re no opportunity to get upgraded?

With constant checking, there can be some cabins that becomes available. Some are offered as upsell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just notice on my TA site that my cruise on Celebrity is completely sold out. Do that mean there’re no opportunity to get upgraded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should check with Celebrity to verify that it is actually sold out. I would nto trust a TA's web site as they may only show the cabins that they have blocked off.

Maybe. Yes, the cruise is sold out, but there likely are a number of folks who booked a "guarantee", so where those folks are ultimately placed is anyone's guess. This scenario has happened to us more than once, resulting in a nice upgrade.

Now, Celebrity is selling cabins at full price through the TA sites and their site. I’m confused.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is just evidence that they know how to manage their inventory. Not necessarily good news for cruisers, but good for the stockholders.

The old rule applies: when you see something you like at a price that seems right, buy it. Later, you can try to take advantage of subsequent re-pricing or upgrades -- but you should never count on prices coming down.