Clothes hangers

I've had more than enough hangers for two people and a total of 7 hangars for two people another time. Like someone else said, I asked for more hangars and the cabin attendent brought me wire ones, but they worked.

Most of the time we don't see our cabin attendant until well after our luggage has arrived at the cabin. I like to get the clothes on hangers as soon possible to hang out the wrinkles and be done with the unpacking.

There never seems to be enough hangers in our cabin, so I always toss in pile of plastic hangers from home. The first few cruises I did the wire hangers you get from the cleaners, once my bag went to the "naughty room". :o Guess the scanners thought those wire hangers were a bomb or something! Once they realized their mistake they handed over the bag after waiting in line to retrieve it. :(

Now is it always plastic hangers. ;)

It looks we have both ends of the spectrum here. I'm another vote for "there are always plenty". Maybe some cruisers pack a lot more clothes that need to be on hangers than others do. I guess the answer to your question would be the number of hangers in the stateroom. In OUR experience there has usually been about 12 hangers in the closet.

I hate the goofy type of hangers they typically have on Vision class. The ones that have fixed rings that the hangers attach to. We always bring extra hangers when on Vision class because we can't move the ship's hangers from one side to the other.

I usually bring extra hangers as there are never enough, even when the cabin steward brings extra, but I take wire hangers and leave them when the cruise is over.

See post #5. I never gave wire hangers a second thought...but do now. :o

I hate the goofy type of hangers they typically have on Vision class. The ones that have fixed rings that the hangers attach to. We always bring extra hangers when on Vision class because we can't move the ship's hangers from one side to the other.

Totally agree...I dislike those also. :(

Never had a problem getting as many hangers as I asked for. In fact on one cruise left clothes on the bed when I ran out of hangers. I asked the steward as I was leaving for dinner and when I came back pants, a couple of dresses, shirts, etc. we're hung up, along with several extras.

Flying to port means not giving up luggage weight/room for something like hangers. Would never bring from home.

There are never enough and even when you ask for more, they only bring a few. I bring some from home which is annoying. I still end up having to double and triple clothes on the hangers.

I usually bring extra hangers as there are never enough, even when the cabin steward brings extra, but I take wire hangers and leave them when the cruise is over.

You might try being more specific. I asked for 20 hangers, and I got 20 hangers. I imagine if I said "more" or "extra" the steward might not have known if I wanted 3 or 13, or 33.

The number of people who bring hangers and leave them is the reason I just ask for extra. I mean, if every passenger brings and leaves 1 hanger that's thousands of hangers. I'm probably doing the steward a favor by asking for 20 hangers. There were probably about 12 in our room, but we needed more, and as reported above, for some people those 12 are plenty.

This time I am bringing my portable hangers I bought from amazon on the cruise as I am traveling with my 3 sisters. 1 of which has never cruises before and 2 bring an abundance of clothes. The way their clothes look in their suitcase I think I need a portable clothes rack. Lol here is what I purchased https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB12.mZKFXXXXaYXXXXq6xXFXXXG/ShanghaiMagicBox-5pcs-font-b-Colorful-b-font-Portable-Folding-Plastic-Travel-Foldable-Plastic-font-b-Clothes.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just occurred to me. Has anyone ever found "non cruise line" hangers in their closet? Several previous posters have said that they bring their own and just leave them behind. If that's the case, there should be a lot of hangers in every closet. To the best of my recollection, I have never seen a hanger in the closet that was not one of the ones normally provide by Royal Caribbean. Do the room stewards discard the ones brought from home? Or, are they there and I just have never noticed them?

This just occurred to me. Has anyone ever found "non cruise line" hangers in their closet? Several previous posters have said that they bring their own and just leave them behind. If that's the case, there should be a lot of hangers in every closet. To the best of my recollection, I have never seen a hanger in the closet that was not one of the ones normally provide by Royal Caribbean. Do the room stewards discard the ones brought from home? Or, are they there and I just have never noticed them?

I've seen plain metal hangers in the closet from time to time, but not often.

They store them somewhere. The 20 hangers I got were all random/mismatched plastic hangers.

Have many times noticed odd ball hangers in the closet. In fact cabin attendant usually brings ones that passengers left behind. They must have a stash of them.

They store them somewhere. The 20 hangers I got were all random/mismatched plastic hangers.

Have many times noticed odd ball hangers in the closet. In fact cabin attendant usually brings ones that passengers left behind. They must have a stash of them.

I learned something new again today :D. I'll have to pay closer attention next time we're on board.