Diamond Plus tries turning Black on MSC

f815ce6fa4ea389b972cd5d352ba83e4.jpg

cf614137e7e7416bd4a3e72879787089.jpg

Only downside I can see is that only one beer, draught Heineken is included.

But looking at those prices which are so reasonable, even if you didn’t have a package makes me wonder how RCI can charge $65pd [emoji79].....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused!! our boarding instructions said we sailed at 6p. Onboard it says we sail at 9p !!

Muster drill was chaos. Only for people who boarded the bus today. Had to take life jackets with you and wear them. All announcements in 7 languages. People were just walking out!!!

I would say the majority of the fellow passengers are Germans who got on a few days ago in Hamburg. Will be interesting to see who we pick up along the way!!!

But looking at those prices which are so reasonable, even if you didn’t have a package makes me wonder how RCI can charge $65pd [emoji79].....

I think they sometimes have another one or two draught beers in certain bars (maybe the wine bar one where they have snacks). Anything on draught is usually included in the package.

Julie

Confused!! our boarding instructions said we sailed at 6p. Onboard it says we sail at 9p !!

Muster drill was chaos. Only for people who boarded the bus today. Had to take life jackets with you and wear them. All announcements in 7 languages. People were just walking out!!!

I would say the majority of the fellow passengers are Germans who got on a few days ago in Hamburg. Will be interesting to see who we pick up along the way!!!

The boarding/ disembarking on a regular basis seems very confusing. My question is, once you've done the muster do you do it every time new guests board? So you're constantly carrying around your life vest???

I think they sometimes have another one or two draught beers in certain bars (maybe the wine bar one where they have snacks). Anything on draught is usually included in the package.

Julie

Aha! Just gone to wine bar and yes, a larger selection! Thanks

98f4efaab0e521db4d076830be4aef3d.jpg

The boarding/ disembarking on a regular basis seems very confusing. My question is, once you've done the muster do you do it every time new guests board? So you're constantly carrying around your life vest???

No, you just have to do muster when you are a new guest.

f815ce6fa4ea389b972cd5d352ba83e4.jpg

cf614137e7e7416bd4a3e72879787089.jpg

Those bar prices certainly are reasonable.

RCI can charge $65 a day because even at that ridiculous price, people are prepared to pay it!!

Be sure to tell us how the entertainment and dining room food compares to the likes of RCI ;)

Friends are booked on Msc and got this option;

All Inclusive Beverage PackagesMealtime Restaurant Drink Package (704) – At lunch and dinner unlimited table wine (choice of 2 white wines, 2 red wines, 1 rosé wine), draft beer, softdrinks, mineral water. Non-alcoholic for kids. Only available for all passengers in the cabin.

16.50 € per day/

person

Premium All Inclusive Classic Drink Package (431) – 24 hours unlimited consumption in all restaurants, buffet-restaurants and at all bars of: wine (glasses up to USD 7,50), mineral water, draft beer and bottled beer up to USD 5,00, softdrinks, juices, hotdrinks, spirits and cocktails from the barcard up to USD 8,00, ice cream "to go" at the bars. Alcohol-free for children. Only bookable for all cruisers in the cabin.26.00 € per day/

person

Deluxe All Inclusive Package (421) – 24 hours unlimited consumption in all restaurants/buffet restaurants and bars as well as drinks from the minibar and mineral water in the cabin; all offers in ice cream café, chocolate bar and confectionery as well as food offers in cabin service. Non-alcoholic for kids. Only available for all passengers in the cabin together.50.00 € per day/

personBeverage Packages

Coffee Package (435) – 15 coffee drinks (e.g. espresso, caffè latte, non-alcoholic coffee specialities, iced coffee drinks)26.00 €Water Package (514) – 14 bottles of mineral water (1 liter each)27.00 €

Soft Drinks Package (Allegro) (512) – 14 soft drinks or juices34.00 €

Beer Package "Taste The World" (436) – 14 bottles/cans of beer59.00 €

Wine Package (Allegro) (520) – 4 selected bottles of wine in the main restaurant: 1 x white, 2 x red, 1 x rosé + 7 bottles of mineral water69.00 €

Wine Package "Classic" (423) – 6 bottles of selected wine (e.g. Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, Riesling, Merlot, Chianti, Cabernet Sauvignon), 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 7 bottles of mineral water (1 liter each). Voucher valid in the main restaurant.119.00 €

Think if I took the mealtime option I would eat very slow

Following with great interest and hope you have a great cruise.

I recently received the Black card status match from MSC and have been looking at cruises from this side of the pond. Just wish they sailed from other Florida ports. Miami is a long drive (but it's better than flying).

~ Judy

Do you need to actually book a cruise with MSC in order to get the match?

I'm just wondering if I should try to get their status match before we book a cruise with them.

No you can get status match any time! Just remember to quote it when you book to get your 5% off!

I'm just wondering if I should try to get their status match before we book a cruise with them.

Also, once you get the match, you have to cruise at least once every 3 years to maintain the level they gave you in the match.

No you don't have to have a cruise booked to get the status match. I applied for it and when they emailed me back, they asked if I had a current booking reference that they would apply the status match to. I'm not sure if it expires after a certain time though if you haven't booked a cruise with them. I'm sure someone else will come along and comment. We haven't booked a cruise with them. Curious to see how Little Britain's week goes.

Just remember though that once you have the match you need to cruise at least once every three years with them to keep the status.

Julie

Also, once you get the match, you have to cruise at least once every 3 years to maintain the level they gave you in the match.

I saw that condition when checking the Black level benefits.

Certainly hope this does not catch on with other cruise lines. :lips-sealed:

I saw that condition when checking the Black level benefits.

Certainly hope this does not catch on with other cruise lines. :lips-sealed:

I suspect that it won't. Even if you only cruise once every few years I think the line you have status with would like for you to have incentive to book with them rather than try someone else.

Think of it like a car salesman... You may only buy a car once every 10 years but when your time comes around they want to be the one to sell it to you.