Diamond Plus tries turning Black on MSC

Hello

We met this time last year RCI cruise from Dubai, and like yourself are now venturing away with MSC for the first time 10th April Barbados-Genoa on Fantasia I was interested to read about the loyalty match system but finding it hard to enrol on the site, can you give me any hints about this, also have you cruised on Fantasia yourself

Regards

Belle

Hi Belle! Here is the link for the status match https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Status-Match-Form.aspx

I had mine back within 24 hours. I attached a screen shot from My Cruises which showed my status.

No I have not been on Fantasia but I have Meraviglia booked this month and Magnifica booked next month ( and then 4 with RCI to restore the status quo..!)

• 1 month later...
Hi Belle! Here is the link for the status match https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Status-Match-Form.aspx

I had mine back within 24 hours. I attached a screen shot from My Cruises which showed my status.

No I have not been on Fantasia but I have Meraviglia booked this month and Magnifica booked next month ( and then 4 with RCI to restore the status quo..!)

Hello I have just realised that I didn't get back to you to say thank you for the information you gave regarding status match, we eventually had it all sorted out and now look forward to seeing what MSC has to offer, we are off to Barbados in 3 weeks repositioning to the Med and looking forward to escaping the awful weather we have been experiencing here in the UK.:cool:

• 4 months later...

Hello! We are going to MSC Preziosa soon. I saw in the first post that I can prepay the gratuities. Can someone tell me how? I have asked the agency I booked, but they answered that on MSC gratuities can not be prepaid...

Edited by anisunshine

Hello! We are going to MSC Preziosa soon. I saw in the first post that I can prepay the gratuities. Can someone tell me how? I have asked the agency I booked, but they answered that on MSC gratuities can not be prepaid...

You need to ask this on the MSC forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Old thread bought to life.... so since this MSC one I have been on 2 others.

Meraviglia...oh wow wow wow! What a stunning ship.

Their Royal Promenade beats anything Independence has... a 2 tier with restaurants and bars in the upper level and the ceiling changes, and it is a main focal point of the ship.

906b697660de05425880fc665541e109.jpg

f3c2fce68ec4ec24b4435d6e0a2480a7.jpg

127a400708764fcaff21179ff32af581.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MSC also has no extra charge for singles, which is great for them, and 10 percent off if you were in military , we have Yacht club booked for 2019

Is that US military only or if you served in other contries aswell?

Also, once you get the match, you have to cruise at least once every 3 years to maintain the level they gave you in the match.

Yes, I ust got an email from them telling me I need to book within the next year or I will lose my Black status. I don't remember reading about any time limit when I applied, however that was two years ago.

I wonder if after it lapses, you can reapply.

Yes, I ust got an email from them telling me I need to book within the next year or I will lose my Black status. I don't remember reading about any time limit when I applied, however that was two years ago.

Status match will only be granted once.

Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel program benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards. Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/Terms%20and%20Conditions%20Status%20Match%20-%20USA.pdf

You have to book within 3 years to keep the status match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSC also has no extra charge for singles, which is great for them, and 10 percent off if you were in military , we have Yacht club booked for 2019

They charge double for solos now. They used to have a good deal. I am booked with them next year as they had 2 for 1 promotion.

They told me that we had 3 yrs to book our first cruise when we matched our status. They are bringing the Meraviglia to New York next year. We are booked on it next October. That will be a little more than 3 yrs, but, as long as we were booked before the time ran out, we are good. Then, I think you have to cruise at least once a year to keep your status. Not sure if you can re apply or not.

Gwen [emoji3]

They told me that we had 3 yrs to book our first cruise when we matched our status. They are bringing the Meraviglia to New York next year. We are booked on it next October. That will be a little more than 3 yrs, but, as long as we were booked before the time ran out, we are good. Then, I think you have to cruise at least once a year to keep your status. Not sure if you can re apply or not.

Gwen [emoji3]

You only need to cruise once in every 3 years to keep your status. However, you must sail within the 3 years - not just book. This is from the MSC website:

If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrolment date, membership will expire. For example: if the last disembarkation date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed by 30.01.2018, the membership will expire. If the registration date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed by 30.01.2018, the membership will expire. Should your membership expire, you must subscribe to the MSC Voyagers Club again. A new Club identification number will be assigned. Check out now your membership expiry date in the MSC Voyagers Club online private area!

I think your membership will have expired before you sail - you must SAIL within 3 years of status-match being issued.

• 1 month later...
Old thread bought to life.... so since this MSC one I have been on 2 others.

Meraviglia...oh wow wow wow! What a stunning ship.

Their Royal Promenade beats anything Independence has... a 2 tier with restaurants and bars in the upper level and the ceiling changes, and it is a main focal point of the ship.

906b697660de05425880fc665541e109.jpg

f3c2fce68ec4ec24b4435d6e0a2480a7.jpg

127a400708764fcaff21179ff32af581.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow wow

Did you write other reviews?

Thank you