Upgrade fairy

mlmbar

No fairy involved if it cost $$$$

The upgrade fairy has an money making sister called the "upsell fairy".

It's still a fairy...and I would have loved to get that call! But never have as of yet. :(

Either way...she really got a great deal!! :cool:

Edited by island lady

This IS a SEVEN night cruise. I had js that I got for a very low price because I booked early. What we are paying for an OS is LESS than a JS was going for. Talk about a buzz kill. I am sorry I posted. OK semantics, I said upgrade fairy and got slammed.

Don't worry about the downers on these boards...they are just envious anyway. :rolleyes:

I loved your story and know you will enjoy that deal. Thank you for sharing! :D

Congrats! She doesn't seem to have my number.:loudcry:

Way off topic, but Martinsburg? Cool! We are in the Kearneysville area.

Back on topic: We actually had the upgrade fairy visit us for our Adventure cruise a few weeks ago. We had a JS booked and got a free upgrade to a GS. I had no idea we had even received the upgrade until I got an email from the concierge. Pretty cool. :D

One of my favorite full suite perks was the breakfast in Giovannis.

Congratulations to the OP on the upgrade!!

Dan.

We had a call from RCCL last fall for our December cruise for the same type upgrade on the Adventure. You will not regret doing it, we were very happy and enjoyed the extra space plus the perks with the suite. Have a great time!

Way off topic, but Martinsburg? Cool! We are in the Kearneysville area.

Back on topic: We actually had the upgrade fairy visit us for our Adventure cruise a few weeks ago. We had a JS booked and got a free upgrade to a GS. I had no idea we had even received the upgrade until I got an email from the concierge. Pretty cool. :D

One of my favorite full suite perks was the breakfast in Giovannis.

Congratulations to the OP on the upgrade!!

Dan.

Ahh...love hearing about those great upgrades. Nice to know the upgrade (freebie) fairy still exists and makes surprise visits! Congrats and thanks for sharing!! :D

Upgrade fairy visited us last week on our Explorer cruise. We received an email with a new room number 3 days before boarding. What's so funny about it was that after cruising in GS's on our last 8 cruises, we booked a JS instead because it was on the bump.

We absolutely love GS (we're in one on Oasis in 2 1/2 weeks) but not sure we would have accepted the upgrade if they'd called since we went from midship to front. Long walks for me.

Don't worry about the downers on these boards...they are just envious anyway. :rolleyes:

I loved your story and know you will enjoy that deal. Thank you for sharing! :D

That's for sure. WAY too many Debbie Downers on these boards lately

Congrats OP!!!!!:cool:

That's for sure. WAY too many Debbie Downers on these boards lately

Congrats OP!!!!!:cool:

Sigh...agree. Seems to be more of those downer types lately, but not just on here, as the social media thing seems to be getting more and more mean. Kind of like aggressive driving. Taking out their life's frustrations on strangers? Funny thing is most of them would not do that in a face to face situation.

Very sad indeed. :(

Fortunately...on the flip side, I would say 95% of the members on these boards are charming and helpful....like you!! :)

Upgrade fairy visited us last week on our Explorer cruise. We received an email with a new room number 3 days before boarding. What's so funny about it was that after cruising in GS's on our last 8 cruises, we booked a JS instead because it was on the bump.

We absolutely love GS (we're in one on Oasis in 2 1/2 weeks) but not sure we would have accepted the upgrade if they'd called since we went from midship to front. Long walks for me.

Excellent!! Another great story...and some hope for the rest of us!! :)

LOL!!!!!:D:p:cool:

Yeah, not a lot of research on this thread with that poster eh? :rolleyes: :(

And I think you have already been flogged enough. But I still love your story!!

And once again, I hope you have a fantabulous cruise in your new luxury cabin! :D

This IS a SEVEN night cruise. I had js that I got for a very low price because I booked early. What we are paying for an OS is LESS than a JS was going for. Talk about a buzz kill. I am sorry I posted. OK semantics, I said upgrade fairy and got slammed.

congrats. I am very excited for you :cool::cool::cool: