Capt.'s reception question

My husband is skipping our next cruise & I'm taking our adult daughter instead. When I attend the Platinum, Elite, Suite Capt.'s party may I bring her with me? This will be her 1st Princess cruise. Thanks.

Thank you for your quick and very nice responses! This will be her 3rd cruise. Her 1st was with Louis Lines, a Greek cruise line. It was part of a cruise/land tour. Her dad and I felt it was maybe the worst cruise we've ever had. The 2nd was on Carnival. Better than Louis Line, but still not as wonderful as Princess. I think she will be blown away by how amazing it is to cruise with Princess. I am so excited for her to have this experience. It will be a 25 day Mediterranean/TransAtlantic next Oct. :hearteyes:

Some - but not all - of the Platinum and Elite benefits are also available to the cabinmate of the Platinum or Elite member. For example, she would be able to participate in priority boarding with you. You should have no problem with the Captain's Circle party. In fact, if you were one of the most traveled passengers, she would be invited to the most traveled passenger lunch or party with you.

If you have any specific questions, ask the Captain's Circle representative on board. She will be glad to help you.

My wife was platinum and I elite. She boarded with me last year

????? They both have priority embarkation.... Unless you meant that as a joke?

Elites normally board before Platinums. Since the Platinum was traveling with an Elite, she boarded with Elites instead of waiting to board with Platinums.

She can go anywhere that you go. Embarkation lounge, Captains party, Elite tender boarding, Platinum/Elite lounge before dinner, disembarkation lounge and even send in her laundry under your name for no charge.

Note quite everywhere. If you are Elite, you can attend a complimentary wine tasting. Your traveling companion who is not Elite would have to pay the normal price to attend.

Note quite everywhere. If you are Elite, you can attend a complimentary wine tasting. Your traveling companion who is not Elite would have to pay the normal price to attend.

That is true but if she lent her cruise card to her daughter for the event it could allow her daughter to experience it without paying.

That is true but if she lent her cruise card to her daughter for the event it could allow her daughter to experience it without paying.

That would be theft. They may or may not catch it when they scan the cruise card, but it would be theft anyway. I don't know what action Princess would take if they caught it. Action like this (the same as "sharing" the Premium Beverage Package) forces Princess to raise prices and impose rules on the rest of us who are honest.

Also, I don't think her daughter would want to go by herself. If they both go, then how could she "loan" her card?

That would be theft. They may or may not catch it when they scan the cruise card, but it would be theft anyway. I don't know what action Princess would take if they caught it. Action like this (the same as "sharing" the Premium Beverage Package) forces Princess to raise prices and impose rules on the rest of us who are honest.

So? There's only one person going to the wine tasting. Nothing is getting stolen.

Also, I don't think her daughter would want to go by herself. If they both go, then how could she "loan" her card?

Both people can't use the same card but lending the card most assuredly works. We never go any more & we've given out card to people who wanted to go without any problems. They only right down the card number on their list.

What about the laundry? If she sends in her daughters clothing using her name, is that also theft?

Thank you to everyone for the answer to my question. Love that I can take our daughter to the captain's party. I am Platinum, not Elite, so I don't get free laundry, and don't get the wine tasting. We don't care for wine so that wouldn't be an issue regardless. LOL. Thanks again for answering my question. :)

What about the laundry? If she sends in her daughters clothing using her name, is that also theft?

Yes. So would bringing rum runners, sharing drink packages, sneaking into Capt Rec, taking items from the steward's cart meant for others, conning the Canape' out of the delivery person, using slugs in the washers, and a variety of other things.

But they happen all the time and no one has gone to the brig, yet. (I don't think)

Thank you to everyone for the answer to my question. Love that I can take our daughter to the captain's party. I am Platinum, not Elite, so I don't get free laundry, and don't get the wine tasting. We don't care for wine so that wouldn't be an issue regardless. LOL. Thanks again for answering my question. :)

You are not missing much with the Grape Vine wine Tasting, anybody can go for $10.

Yes Elites get complimentary admission, but it is not great, but fills in an hour or two on a sea day.

Enjoy your cruise !!!:halo:

Our recent Golden cruise 2 weeks ago they were swiping everyones card at the entry to the wine tasting and checking photo ID.

We dont usually go as only I was Elite, but this was Hubby's first Elite cruise......we won't be going again haha!

A drop of each of 4 wines in the bottom of a wine glass, and a slice of cheese from the buffet and a packet of crackers:(

Felt sorry for those that had paid the $13AUD.......a couple could have purchased a bottle of wine and grabbed better selection of cheese and extras for that.

Years ago there was a lovely plattelr of food, free glasses to take home.

Our recent Golden cruise 2 weeks ago they were swiping everyones card at the entry to the wine tasting and checking photo ID.

We dont usually go as only I was Elite, but this was Hubby's first Elite cruise......we won't be going again haha!

A drop of each of 4 wines in the bottom of a wine glass, and a slice of cheese from the buffet and a packet of crackers:(

Felt sorry for those that had paid the $13AUD.......a couple could have purchased a bottle of wine and grabbed better selection of cheese and extras for that.

Years ago there was a lovely plattelr of food, free glasses to take home.

Indeed the little glasses Chez, got a few of those. You also used to get a few cubes of different cheese, not a slice of American processed cheese or a slice of Aldi tasty. I used to fall asleep, listening to the Sommelier carrying on.

As for the pours at the tastings, I like half a glass to taste after swirling and sniffing, not 3 drops from an eye dropper, must be cutting costs again.

Yes. So would bringing rum runners, sharing drink packages, sneaking into Capt Rec, taking items from the steward's cart meant for others, conning the Canape' out of the delivery person, using slugs in the washers, and a variety of other things.

But they happen all the time and no one has gone to the brig, yet. (I don't think)

Since she's not going there's no need to discuss it.

BUT she can also attend more than one Capt welcome party. Just show up & enjoy the drinks.;)

Haven't gone to the 9.50 wine tasting on our last 2 cruises this summer but on our 2 cruises before that...they were scanning cards and they were wise to elite parents handing off their invites to family members. We a saw more than one group of young adults turned away for that reason.

Haven't gone to the 9.50 wine tasting on our last 2 cruises this summer but on our 2 cruises before that...they were scanning cards and they were wise to elite parents handing off their invites to family members. We a saw more than one group of young adults turned away for that reason.

Thanks. Good to know. :cool: