Two friends, two different credit card question?

envy4u

We always do this when we cruise. Separate cards, separate folios, etc. It's much easier to keep track of what YOU have spent, if that's a concern. I like to use the kiosks near the passenger services desk a few times during the cruise to check my account. Don't wait until the last night to do that! The lines are usually much longer on the last day to take care of any issues.

The easiest way is for each of you to enter your credit card information on your Cruise Personalizer before the cruise. If you enter separate credit cards, then your folios will be completely separate. In fact, Passenger Services (or the machines to print folios) will not give one of you a copy of the other's folio. The net amount on each folio will be charged to (or refunded from) the appropriate credit card.

Note that if you do this then your onboard credit (OBC) will not be combined. If one of you has left-over nonrefundable OBC, it will not be used or refunded - even if the other one has net charges on the credit card.

The easiest way is for each of you to enter your credit card information on your Cruise Personalizer before the cruise. If you enter separate credit cards, then your folios will be completely separate. In fact, Passenger Services (or the machines to print folios) will not give one of you a copy of the other's folio. The net amount on each folio will be charged to (or refunded from) the appropriate credit card.

Note that if you do this then your onboard credit (OBC) will not be combined. If one of you has left-over nonrefundable OBC, it will not be used or refunded - even if the other one has net charges on the credit card.

Yes - much easier doing this online than at check-in the day of getting on the ship.

Edited by Coral

Sharing cabin with friend. Can we each have our own folio onboard and each provide our own credit card?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can. I have done it every Princess Cruise. Doesn’t matter if it is a friend,family member,spouse,etc.

My husband and I always enter separate credit cards on our cruise Personalizer.

Julie

Sharing cabin with friend. Can we each have our own folio onboard and each provide our own credit card?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, Absolutely. I do it with my spouse as well. Do make sure they do it correctly, however. We've had a few times where it all went on one's card & it was annoying trying to straighten it out.

My wife tells me no I can’t :(. You most certainly can our friends do it all the time.

Tony

Tony, she let's you put it all on her card? Why that's so nice of her. Since I'm over 40 miles from your house, hopefully she can't hit me with the coffee pot at that distance!

Yes you can. I have done it every Princess Cruise. Doesn’t matter if it is a friend,family member,spouse,etc.

My husband and I always enter separate credit cards on our cruise Personalizer.

Julie

When husband/wife have separate credit cards the OBC is not combined on a summary invoice. If one has unused non-refundable OBC at the end of the cruise you risk losing it. If there is no extra OBC, it is a non issue.