Maya Chan review - any Questions?

tmn1016

20 hours ago, BNBR said:

Here ya go.  Believe me now?!   Second picture you can see bathroom is on the left and sitting areas on the right. These are the poolside areas I guess. They appear to be working on a pool bar too but not sure if that will come to fruition or not. 

Also, it's not an adults pool. It's 12 and over.  I have quite a few more pictures but the internet is so slow. I may upload more next week. 

The pool is totally open to anyone who wants to use it. I jumped in! Little chilly but it's December. 

Thanks for photos - looks nice!

Not sure anyone said they didn’t believe you but I am still amazed that no one has commented on this during construction and find it strange that the website hasn't been updated to reflect the added attraction.

Edited by c-leg5

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks for photos - looks nice!

Not sure anyone said they didn’t believe you but I am still amazed that no one has commented on this during construction and find it strange that the website hasn't been updated to reflect the added attraction.

Keep in mind that Maya Chan is a little slice of paradise run by a couple of expats and their son who is there year round.  That's the charm. I'm not surprised that their site isn't perfect or up to date.  It's that low key vibe that makes it so special.  Same reason wooden chairs, as much as you dont love them, but having commercialized home depot plastic lounge chairs is never going to happen at Maya Chan and thank God for that. It's a total eclectic authentic Gilligan's island Mexican beach hangout vibe.  Same reason it's just a cool little pool and not some crazy resort pool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Keep in mind that Maya Chan is a little slice of paradise run by a couple of expats and their son who is there year round.  That's the charm. I'm not surprised that their site isn't perfect or up to date.  It's that low key vibe that makes it so special.  Same reason wooden chairs, as much as you dont love them, but having commercialized home depot plastic lounge chairs is never going to happen at Maya Chan and thank God for that. It's a total eclectic authentic Gilligan's island Mexican beach hangout vibe.  Same reason it's just a cool little pool and not some crazy resort pool. 

Exactly! This is exactly what makes it perfect! I truly hope they never change a thing! I’m almost disappointed they added the pool! I love the very low key traditional beach vibe. I dislike the manufactured “experience” beaches. I love Maya Chan.

As for the two person situation- it’s totally fine- where ever they put you! You’ll love it!

4 minutes ago, Nanarrow said:

Exactly! This is exactly what makes it perfect! I truly hope they never change a thing! I’m almost disappointed they added the pool! I love the very low key traditional beach vibe. I dislike the manufactured “experience” beaches. I love Maya Chan.

As for the two person situation- it’s totally fine- where ever they put you! You’ll love it!

Just look at this thread. Multiple people just there who didn't even know there was a pool! It doesn't get more low key than that, lol.  The pool perfectly fits the Maya Chan vibe. Don't worry.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 9:17 PM, sensfan318 said:

Hi,

I got the same response from them but haven’t found any info about their pool area. Did you decide to book? We’re concerned it might be too secluded and it definitely doesn’t look the same experience as being on the beach. 

Thanks so much

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Yes we did end up booking, once we made our reservation request they would only hold our spot for 24 hours without payment.  We will be there on Wednesday Jan 30th.  I will report back when we return.

I'm sure we will have a great time, as we have a number of beach days planned prior to Maya Chan.  We will appreciate the shade and quiet low key atmosphere that we are expecting.

We have been there the times and plan on going back for a fourth. Were just there this past September.  I LOVE this place. So quiet and peaceful.  They treat you so well and are on top of everything. Love this place.  The units for 2 are great and have a hammock. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you with questions about the new pool area at May Chan, we were there on January 30, 2019 and were assigned a spot on the pool deck.  I don't feel the area should be considered less desirable than the other traditional locations.  It is probably more secluded as it is off the beach, yet you have a clear view of the beach from all of the locations on the pool deck.  There is a very nice rest room with changing area on the pool deck.  The pool deck has its own private bar.  The beach recliners have pads that are very comfortable. For the most part the area is in shade for the most of the day.  We were able to move our recliners around and stay in the sun for a couple of hours during morning (that was enough sun for us). 

You still have the same great service as the rest of the guests, as we had specific staff assigned to our area.  You still have full use of all of the Maya Chan property and amenities.  I would definitely do it again without hesitation.

I have attached a photo of the pool deck bar, a photo of the unique sink in the pool deck changing area and a link to a video of a walk from the pool area to the main beach, just to give an idea about how close you really are to the rest of the guests.

https://youtu.be/OXUxxDGdA-s

20190130_150820.thumb.jpg.69d18b045264edabd616c5f0eef8d77d.jpg

20190130_150757.jpg

On 2/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, Outta My Work Clothes said:

Thankx Minn.... Water looks clear.... No seaweed issues?

No, we had a perfect day.  We used the kayaks, standup paddle  boards and the floating chairs.  No issues with seaweed during our visit.

I was concerned when I booked this reservation, because they were at capacity and I thought the pool deck would be kind of an overflow arrangement.  I could not have been more wrong.  It did not feel crowded and I there was always someone there to help with whatever we needed.  The staff was wonderful, it was just a nice relaxing day.

We're going to be at Maya Chan next week off the Vision.  Have been there 5/6 times.  Obviously we"ll check out the pool.  We so enjoy the peaceful ambiance of the place, we'll probably mostly hang out at our favorite palapa.  Just out of curiousity where on the property did they situate the pool?

Mike and Doris 😎

5 hours ago, peacebeautytruth said:

We're going to be at Maya Chan next week off the Vision.  Have been there 5/6 times.  Obviously we"ll check out the pool.  We so enjoy the peaceful ambiance of the place, we'll probably mostly hang out at our favorite palapa.  Just out of curiousity where on the property did they situate the pool?

Mike and Doris 😎

See post#140

On 2/10/2019 at 5:22 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thanks for the review.  Was the pool open to anyone who wanted to use it, or just for those with loungers on the pool deck?

The pool deck is open to everyone.  As mentioned earlier, it is more of a plunge pool.  It doesn't get too much sun, so it is a little on the cool side.  Great if you want a quick cool down after laying in the sun.

Enjoy your stay.

On 2/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, peacebeautytruth said:

Mike and Doris 😎

As you leave the main area (bar, restaurant) walking to the beach, just take a left and walk to the end of the property.  Its not that far off the beach, but it is set back.  If you watch the video, it should give you a good idea on how to find it.

Just got our email instructions for our upcoming visit to Maya Chan.... reading thru them, it seems very complicated. Almost like TOO MUCH INFO. It seems like a LONG walk to the meeting place. How long will they be there after we dock? Do we need to rush off the ship to meet our taxis? I've read that we can just get off at our leisure & take a cab.... but I just wonder how they will be there actually meeting guests.... any insight on this would be appreciated! THANKS!!

2 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

Just got our email instructions for our upcoming visit to Maya Chan.... reading thru them, it seems very complicated. Almost like TOO MUCH INFO. It seems like a LONG walk to the meeting place. How long will they be there after we dock? Do we need to rush off the ship to meet our taxis? I've read that we can just get off at our leisure & take a cab.... but I just wonder how they will be there actually meeting guests.... any insight on this would be appreciated! THANKS!!

It IS a long walk from the ship to the taxis. 

The instructions supposedly have suggested meeting times for the different ships but i dont think it is set in stone. After you leave the port area ( which is a long walk in itself) continue walking down the road with a central pedestrian walk way. There will be a small shop (pharmacy) on RHS and a representative with a sign for Maya Chan. They will organize groups for a taxi to Maya Chan.

i think how long they are there will depend on what other ships are in port and their hours. They were will have your name on a list so I am sure they will wAit a reasonable time no need to rush. You could always email Mark to ask about your particular date. You also have a telephone contact number.  If by chance they have packed up you can take a regular taxi and Maya chan will pay fare on

it sounds complicated but getting out of the port is the most difficult part the first time there.

Edited by c-leg5

35 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

It IS a long walk from the ship to the taxis. 

The instructions supposedly have suggested meeting times for the different ships but i dont think it is set in stone. After you leave the port area ( which is a long walk in itself) continue walking down the road with a central pedestrian walk way. There will be a small shop (pharmacy) on RHS and a representative with a sign for Maya Chan. They will organize groups for a taxi to Maya Chan.

i think how long they are there will depend on what other ships are in port and their hours. They were will have your name on a list so I am sure they will wAit a reasonable time no need to rush. You could always email Mark to ask about your particular date. You also have a telephone contact number.  If by chance they have packed up you can take a regular taxi and Maya chan will pay fare on

it sounds complicated but getting out of the port is the most difficult part the first time there.

Thanks! We have been to this port a few times & even went out & grabbed a taxi to a closer beach area. But that was long before they made the cruise port area so HUGE! I guess I just need to stop fretting. We have our young grandgirls with us & I am just a worry wart. Thanks for your insight! 

2 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

The walk to the pick up area is a good walk- made longer because the pier is long.

I am partially paralyzed and can make this walk. Cut through the Bakery, go to the right, and you will end up outside the port. There is a sidewalk in the center of the street- use it. It is only a few blocks. 

The pick up is on the right.

Don’t complicate it. The walk is worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanarrow said:

The walk to the pick up area is a good walk- made longer because the pier is long.

I am partially paralyzed and can make this walk. Cut through the Bakery, go to the right, and you will end up outside the port. There is a sidewalk in the center of the street- use it. It is only a few blocks. 

Great thanks! The map Mike sent us says to walk all the way around the outside of the port area..... because the port people are blocking off all the "cut-throughs" trying to keep you in port.

THANKS!

• Like 1

Just back from Maya Chan Beach in Costa Maya, Mexico.  This is the best resort we’ve been too. The staff is top notch and attentive to make sure our day was enjoyable.  Our drinks were never empty and the bloody Mary’s and Mudslides were fantastic.  The lunch they served was an authentic Mexican meal it was delicious.  If you have an opportunity to visit Maya Chan in Costa Maya you won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We went out the port through the excursion gate. Security tried to route us through the port but I said we were meeting someone, which was partly true since we met a cab. You just walk by the tour buses and down the road until you get to the Maya Chan people.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:02 PM, Nanarrow said:

Where is the Bakery?