Is hot tea available?

Jj10year

I'm kinda crazy about hot orange pekoe tea .. it is my preferred drink in addition to water. I've noticed that when we visit Florida it's not often served.. can I expect to find it on board a cruise?? I can suffer through other types of tea or herbal junk but I love me some OP!

I'm kinda crazy about hot orange pekoe tea .. it is my preferred drink in addition to water. I've noticed that when we visit Florida it's not often served.. can I expect to find it on board a cruise?? I can suffer through other types of tea or herbal junk but I love me some OP!

It would help if you mentioned the cruise line(s) you are considering. Policies vary.

All cruise lines offer hot tea including Carnival.

But I am not certain that they will have orange pekoe tea bags. I know HAL doesn't have that flavor.

You can take your own tea bags or loose tea. Just ask for a pot of hot water.

Thanks :) In my area orange pekoe is simply "plain black tea" and I might pack along a bit to satisfy any cravings. I really appreciate your response. :)

By all means, bring some tea bags or loose tea so you know you will have, on had, the tea you want.

Thanks :) In my area orange pekoe is simply "plain black tea" and I might pack along a bit to satisfy any cravings. I really appreciate your response. :)

Might be better if you pack some. My wife does it too for her preferred tea brand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am a tea drinker. We sail a lot on Carnival. They used to have a good selection of tea but now only have Lipton which I do not like. So, I always bring my own tea bags. There is hot water in the buffet 24/7 so I can always get my tea. If you are in the dining room just ask for hot water. They will bring you a small pitcher of just hot water for you to put your tea.bag in.

Orange pekoe isn't a variety of tea, it's a grade of black tea which can apply to various varieties. Names like Assam and Darjeeling are varieties of black tea. English breakfast teas (which are usually a blend of black teas) are going to be similar to the ones sold as just Orange Pekoe. Bigalow English teatime is in that range too. So if you can't find orange pekoe, you may find one of those suits - at least if it isn't if it isn't Mighty Leaf English Breakfast - that one is very weak and almost tasteless to me.

It also helps a lot to have very hot water just off the boil.

The problem being that OP tea will only brew properly under boiling water... you'll have to find a ship which provides that! Our last three lines did have a tea tray and kettle in every cabin, so we could take our favourite brand (we like Yorkshire tea)