Cigars Under the Stars?

psternklar

Not officially. I have been told that even though it’s verbotten, cigar smokers do gather some evenings on the aft section of deck 17 (?) where cigarette smoking is permitted.

The cigar lounge is dreary and could easily double as a mortuary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They tried CUTS for a year or two but I haven't seen it in the past couple of years. Don't understand why - it was at night, away from everyone, and while the ship was moving so no one could have been bothered by it.

Churchill's on the Royal or Regal is the worst cigar bar on Princess ships. Small and broken up by a central humidor/wall type. Still okay but not like Churchill's on some of the other Princess ships.

As already noted, cigars are routinely smoked on 17 aft where the cigarette smokers are. We have used it and only once were we nicely asked to not do so by the staff due to a complaint.

Princess sells them but I would bring your own. Limited selection and the one time we did buy, it was not conditioned very well. I doubt that they put much effort into keeping their humidor at the correct humidity.

If you are going out from Ft Lauderdale you can buy them at Total Wines (small but adequate selection) or from Neptunes which is about twice as far away but still walkable.

I have bought a few on board and would compare them to buying a cigar at the local liquor store. You can smoke them but they are twice the price and about 1/2 the taste.

Total Wine and More worked very well. Have also bought cigars while in Caribbean ports with good luck. I know, I know it's probably a fake Cohiba but they were still very good. By default they are the proper moisture content and less than $5.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be on the Regal the end of the month. I plan on bringing a couple of cigars to enjoy in the appropriate cigar smoking area....... Anyone experience any problems with bringing a cutter and cigar lighter on board?

We recently (last week) got on an elevator with a man who had just exited Churchills. He totally reeked of cigar smoke (I am an occasional cigar smoker) which had obviously permeated his clothes while in Churchills. I used to smoke a cigar in that venue, but stopped going there because the air quality sucked. I do believe it is the only place that one can light up a cigar.

Hank

No issues at all with bringing cutters or lighters on board.

Going to be on the Regal the end of the month. I plan on bringing a couple of cigars to enjoy in the appropriate cigar smoking area....... Anyone experience any problems with bringing a cutter and cigar lighter on board?

Once, on the Caribbean Princess, our muster station was the cigar lounge. OMG, the residual smell was so strong that many of us were feeling ill. I can't imagine why they would make people sit in there for 20-30 min. :rolleyes:
OMG... They should make "Smokers" pay double fare for making you I'll [emoji79].

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We recently (last week) got on an elevator with a man who had just exited Churchills. He totally reeked of cigar smoke (I am an occasional cigar smoker) which had obviously permeated his clothes while in Churchills. I used to smoke a cigar in that venue, but stopped going there because the air quality sucked. I do believe it is the only place that one can light up a cigar.

Hank

Hank,

As an ex smoker, I understand what you mean by the air quality, but it does sound odd for a smoker to complain about it. I personally have an aversion to the scent of smoke, but believe that, if you are going to offer those folks who have chosen to smoke a venue, it ought to be comfortable and very well ventilated. I am amused by the horrendous little smoking areas provided by most American airports. It is like they wish to punish people for smoking.

Similar thing happened at our workplace. About 10 years ago they made the smokers go into the restrooms to smoke because they were vented to the outside. If you had the misfortune of being on the pot you ended up smelling like the rest of them.

I smoke cigars and won't in in the lounge, it stinks. Go ashore and enjoy one on the beach. (Downwind to not be obnoxious to others)