Veterans' Day

lakemurraykid

Indeed a good question. Princess almost always hosts a veteran get together on a sea day with some cheap bubbly and of course there is the veterans OBC. I am not sure what else they do on 11/11. I will be on a cruise on 11/11 but it is a turn around day as we are doing a B2B. I don't expect much. You will have to post what they did when you return from the Regal.

The last time I was on a cruise ship on Veterans Day they made an announcement at some point thanking us for our service but did not have anything special as an activity. That was not a Princess ship. They always seem to have at least one vets get together but I have always had conflicts with other things. I think the Princess OBC is a very kind but unnecessary gesture. I do appreciate it, however.

We will be on the Regal on Veteran's Day and I was wondering if Princess does anything for the veterans on board. I hope they do as it would be really nice if Princess recognized them in some way.

We were on two ships with Princess on Nov. 11. Of course in Canada we call it Remembrance day. Once on the Grand, there was an actual service at 3 PM on the 11th conducted by the Captain and also a two minute of silence observance at 11 o'clock. Then on the Sapphire there was only a 2 minute of silence observance. Both were sea days. I wouldn't know if anything is arranged on a port day. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your information. I would certainly hope they do something for our men and women who sacrificed so much to protect our grand country.

One has to remember that Princess ships are not American registered ships. That Princess is owned by a company which is not only listed on a US stock exchange. And that there are a mix of passenger nationalities.

Therefore it would not be correct to limit it to your grand country.

On our cruise, they announced that all veterans were invited to a gathering which was hosted by a member of the Cruise Director's staff. They served drinks and appetizers. The gathering was to honor veterans of all countries who were traveling on that cruise.

This was last month ( September) when we were on the Emerald, and the CD told us that these gatherings take place on every cruise, on every Princess ship, for the purpose of honoring the veterans for their service to their respective countries. - EBC

We will be on the Regal on Veteran's Day and I was wondering if Princess does anything for the veterans on board. I hope they do as it would be really nice if Princess recognized them in some way.

I was on the Caribbean Princess last year for Remembrance /Veterans Day. There were baskets out with poppies and there was a function in the main theater with several of the ship’s officers. They read stories, poems, amongst other things. It was a very touching event - there were not many dry eyes in the packed, standing room only, theater (yes, the seats were full and folks were standing in the aisles and stairways). It is probably one of the few events I have attended over the years that I will always remember. Granted, the event may differ from ship to ship, but the Caribbean Princess’ Officers and CD did a wonderful job putting it together. I believe there was a post here on CC about it.

And please remember that Remembrance Day/ Veterans Day is indeed international. It is only named Veterans Day in the US, which puts the US name in the minority.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH is a veteran. When I was working we always did a cruise around veteran's day because I got that day off plus my birthday which is in November. Princess always had an event for the veterans on the 11th. DH never missed one. He said they were we nice.

I always make it a point to attend the veterans get together that Princess holds on most every cruise I have been on. I have seen Canadian, UK and Australian veterans attend and we US veterans are always glad to have our brothers in arms present. We would be honored to have other nation's veterans attend as well. If you are on a Princess cruise and a veteran of any nation, please make it a point to come join us.

We were also on the Caribbean Princess last year for Veteran's Day. They had a touching and memorable memorial for veterans. We were all in tears. It was so wonderful that they chose to honor our veterans in such a wonderful way.

My DH and I will definitely attend a veterans get together. My DH is retired from the U.S. Army with a rank of Colonel. He loved his service in the Army and served 20 years with seven years in the reserve. We will be on the Regal 11/5, so we will make a point to be at the get together if they have one.