Royal Afternoon Tea on the Regal - Intriguing

need2cruisesoon

They still have the free afternoon tea in the MDR every afternoon.

There is a charge for the Royal Afternoon Tea. I think the charge is $10 and a little more if you wanted champagne. I saw the Royal tea on our last day on the Regal and it’s was after we had just finished the free afternoon tea in then MDR. It looked reallly well done as the pictures show. I wish I could have done a 2nd tea! I’ll have to wait for next time.

It's one of the things my wife likes and looks forward to on the Royal class ships.

I'm not a big tea lover like my wife, but they always bring me a small pot fresh brewed coffee in place of the tea.. :cool:

Definitely a nice time

Srpilo

I signed up for it when I cruised Royal Princess a while back. The key was, knowing that it was coming, to eat an early or light lunch, and then enjoy the tea and it’s offerings to the fullest. It was a delightful experience.

Here’s a thread from a couple of years ago with pictures I had posted from my personal experience...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45575039

:cool:

I signed up for it when I cruised Royal Princess a while back. The key was, knowing that it was coming, to eat an early or light lunch, and then enjoy the tea and it’s offerings to the fullest. It was a delightful experience.

Here’s a thread from a couple of years ago with pictures I had posted from my personal experience...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45575039

:cool:

Thank you for sharing the link to your photos. Is it offered every afternoon like the complimentary tea is?

No, it is usually on sea days and thus occasional. My DW and I did this on the Regal a year ago and it was a grand experience. The string quartet played in The Piazza, next to the tea, and provided the desired ambiance. The champagne is quality and refilled as desired. Well worth the upcharge.

I did this and as a high tea lover it was one of the highlights of my cruise. The food is far superior to the regular tea, there is no comparison. We were allowed to try different teas and received a lovely tutorial from our server.

I honestly don’t think any pax cared. Everyone is on vacation. It’s in the early afternoon, so not much is going on in the piazza. I don’t recall the entire seating area being reserved, just the inside tier.

I have enjoyed Royal Tea twice on the Royal. It was a lovely experience and being in the Piazza did not interfer with the ambience. DH opted not to join me so I went solo but both times invited others, who were also solo, to join me. Met two very interesting people so lots of good conversation. We were given four different teas to try with an explanation of their origin. The fruit cup, delicious finger sandwiches and wonderful desserts were well worth the price (did not have champagne) and a bargain IMHO. After the first time, realized the wisdom of not eating lunch or maybe having an early brunch, afternoon tea and a light supper later in the evening.

Sandy :)

We do afternnon tea everywhere we travel, love the whole experience. Did this on the Royal last year and think we will stick to the free one in the main dinning room this year. Someone did not time right and they were holding a dance class in the Piazza at the same time; we could not comfortablely have a conversation where we were seated. I thought with the tea tower you would get to choose the teas but instead they brought out two generic teas which were so over steeped they were very bitter. The service was no different from the free one either. But it was only $10, the food was good and I was on vacation so not the worst thing ever :D.

Someone did not time right and they were holding a dance class in the Piazza at the same time; we could not comfortablely have a conversation where we were seated. .

Exactly what I was concerned about but will try to remember to look at the Patter for simultaneous (potentially loud) activities happening in the piazza before booking - if possible. It looks so pretty and is such a great price that I can hardly pass it up!

I saw this event and took pics now I wish I would have signed up to experience this wonderful “tea time”.

d473a20e3731b84cf56d4ebd0967adfb.jpg

daf2172b3bebdb9e29c336428c62166d.jpg

9d6ecaa6c22d58d8f27716c0080a7833.jpg

ba1e1ba56285c8cd4f13409cef06bca4.jpg

0803735b172573c8316343db3e033c7f.jpg

902a0161f1392c37e7221c5f7048ae45.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did it a few times. It was well worth the money. They have standard tea as well in one of the dining rooms. Nice, but not as nice!

I have done this a couple of times & well worth small charge. Plan to do it again on an upcoming cruise on Royal. Much nicer than the free tea served in the MDR. I thought it was comparable to the "Grand Tea" on Celebrity which is much more expensive. They serve you 3 specialty teas & do a short talk on the history of the teas etc which was very interesting. The food was delish!