cost of alcohol

amberjohn

Our NCL cruise is going to St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Barbados,

St. Thomas and Martinique. We would like to bring home bottles of alcohol for friends and family. Can you tell me which islands would have the most reasonable prices? How are the prices of bottles on the ships?

Thanks

You can bring in more liquor if you purchase it St. Thomas and include a purchase of some Virgin Islands made liquor.

It has been a while since I brought back liquor, but I think that it was 6 liters (maybe quarts) if one liter (maybe quart) of the 6 was a Virgin Island liquor. This would be per person. If I am wrong, someone is sure to correct me.

If your after just a bottle or two per person, the ship is usually competitive and easy.

St Thomas stores have the most reasonable prices and largest selections. Each adult passenger is allowed a total of six liters per person provided that one liter is a Virgin Islands produced product. Anything over that amount you are required to pay a duty for. On most occasions, especially if United States Customs is busy on your return they will waive your duty fee and no other payment is required. In St Thomas I normally make my liquor purchases at AH Risse which is located on the main shopping street.

Again, it's a maximum of 5 liters with one being locally produced per person.

And generally if you order by 2pm for a 5 or 6 pm sail date most including A H Riise will deliver free. The competition for your business is fierce.