Coffee cards no longer good for gelato

Jadedwon

My brother just emailed me telling me the coffee cards are no longer good for gelato. He’s on the Regal. I bought them specifically for that feature. I called Princess, the support person said her info says they’re good, BUT they can change it anytime they choose. Does any one have any info?

Thank you!

My brother just emailed me telling me the coffee cards are no longer good for gelato. He’s on the Regal. I bought them specifically for that feature. I called Princess, the support person said her info says they’re good, BUT they can change it anytime they choose. Does any one have any info?

Thank you!

At one time the Royal was giving 3 scoops per punch and a few months later the Emerald was only giving 1 scoop per punch.

I wonder what their doing today?

when we were on the emerald in sept they told us only one scoop for the punch so it wasnt worth it when you could just buy 3 scoops for 1.50 and use the punch for a coffee item of 2 or 3 dollars

The Emerald for some time now has been charging 1 punch per scoop even when the other ships were giving 3 scoops. :confused:

We are scheduled to be on the Regal in February and were hoping to use coffee cards at Gelato's but it is not looking good based on this thread. We have enjoyed using a coffee card on the Royal and the Regal several times in the past. I guess we will just have to get used to using the coffee card only for coffee and tea drinks.

I think princess should be in control of what a coffee card can purchase across all ships and not let individual ships decide policy.

If they want to change their policy then they need to make an announcement that coffee cards are changed as well as changing the design of the cards so that those of use that were sold cards on previous cruises where we could get our ice cream. They were marketed to us at the time as being good for specialty coffee and ice cream from gelato's.

To change the terms of the card after the sale of coffee card borders on fraud when they are promoted as being for ice cream as well. I will be on the royal next week and if they give me any hassle, I'll be asking for a supervisor. If they want to change their rules after the card is purchased they should be will to either let the cards from previous cruises use them as in the past or offer to buy back cards and give OBC credit for all unused punches on the card.

I think princess should be in control of what a coffee card can purchase across all ships and not let individual ships decide policy.

If they want to change their policy then they need to make an announcement that coffee cards are changed as well as changing the design of the cards so that those of use that were sold cards on previous cruises where we could get our ice cream. They were marketed to us at the time as being good for specialty coffee and ice cream from gelato's.

To change the terms of the card after the sale of coffee card borders on fraud when they are promoted as being for ice cream as well. I will be on the royal next week and if they give me any hassle, I'll be asking for a supervisor. If they want to change their rules after the card is purchased they should be will to either let the cards from previous cruises use them as in the past or offer to buy back cards and give OBC credit for all unused punches on the card.

Unfortunately this is not a fight you are going to win. The cruise line can change rules whenever they want as has been shown with all the people who had AIBP beverage plans (unlimited) have been moved to the new Premier plan (15 alcohol drink limit per day and no cans of soda just fountain and small bottles of water only not large.

Unfortunately this is not a fight you are going to win. The cruise line can change rules whenever they want as has been shown with all the people who had AIBP beverage plans (unlimited) have been moved to the new Premier plan (15 alcohol drink limit per day and no cans of soda just fountain and small bottles of water only not large.

This is not the same, those that bought AIBP before the change could have dropped the package before their cruise and gotten a full refund if they didn't like the new terms. An analogy to this would be buying the AIBP before their cruise or even on their first day onboard, then midway thru the cruise change to the 15 drink limit and instead of selling them wine at a 40% discount, only giving a 25% discount that they where told at the time of purchase would give 40% discount.

they have to give the customer the terms they promised on the cards they sold or the option of OBC for the remaining punches since they changed the terms after the sale.

I hope you're successful with your argument. I fully agree with your thinking but somehow I don't believe you're going to win in this case.